Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: General Sens stuff.

more stuff to give you hope.

http://senschirp.ca/news/we-believe-the-team-is-for-sale/

Alumni
Date:

Speaking of general sens stuff why have we only played 2 games when the Jets are playing their 5th tonight?

Alumni
Date:

https://www.theringer.com/2019/10/8/20904509/eugene-melnyk-ottawa-senators-worst-sports-owner-in-north-america

More light reading for your entertainment.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nhl/veteran-nhl-defenseman-eric-gryba-announces-retirement/ar-AAHI4dC?ocid=spartandhp

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Chabot signed, 8 years $8 mil AAV. What do we think?

Also, the beaten-up sen fan in me can't help but wonder if he finishes this contract in Ottawa or demands a trade long before its over. Cuz euge. 

You’re exactly right, he’s taken any fandom and joy from me. I don‘t like Dorian either, his trades and bringing in all those depth Leafers. It looks like 8 is a tad high BUT they are eating into his UFA years and this is the fair price in my opinion.

Just from a deal standpoint, its actually pretty amazing for Ottawa. No upfront money (cuz euge doesn't have any) and the 8 Million could end up being a steal in 5 years or so. By that time, assuming Hotsam turns into a top-notch dman, players of his ilk could be getting 10+ million easy. 

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
senior wrote:

Honestly, I'm more excited that Meldink is in legal trouble left, right and centre. This may force the league to get involved force him out.

This is the kinda positive posts we need more of, something I completely agree with. 👍🤣

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Also, the beaten-up sen fan in me can't help but wonder if he finishes this contract in Ottawa or demands a trade long before its over. Cuz euge. 

You’re exactly right, he’s taken any fandom and joy from me. I don‘t like Dorian either, his trades and bringing in all those depth Leafers. It looks like 8 is a tad high BUT they are eating into his UFA years and this is the fair price in my opinion.

Confident Fan
Date:

senior wrote:

Honestly, I'm more excited that Meldink is in legal trouble left, right and centre. This may force the league to get involved force him out.

This is the kinda positive posts we need more of, something I completely agree with. 👍🤣

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Russell wrote:
SensKat wrote:

So glad I'm not the only one that isn't excited about this.... Some of it is just being jaded, I'm sure... but I'm also not sold yet that Chabot is actually worth that kind of money.  Like this is a panicked move to try to bring fans back.

He'll tear up his knees, spend the next 4 years on injury list and help us get to the cap floor.

Alumni
Date:

It gives me a reason to watch the Sens this year I guess?

Alumni
Date:

2DFD139D00000578-3298376-image-m-37_1446321581041.jpg

"Come play with us..."

-- Edited by ShanghaiSenator on Thursday 19th of September 2019 08:14:40 PM

Attachments
Jedi Master
Date:

Russell wrote:
SensKat wrote:

So glad I'm not the only one that isn't excited about this.... Some of it is just being jaded, I'm sure... but I'm also not sold yet that Chabot is actually worth that kind of money.  Like this is a panicked move to try to bring fans back.

Alumni
Date:

ShanghaiSenator wrote:
SensKat wrote:

I like it. 

We need to form a nucleus of talented young players and stop being a kind of farm team for the rest of the league. I hope this signing has a snowball effort and makes other players want to stay (or come and join us). 

tenor.gif?itemid=13066208

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

I guess this should be nothing but good news, but I'm just so jaded now that I have a tough time feeling any kind of happiness about this org. This is what euge has done to me.

Oh, btw, he's being sued again for another $700,000 by an aviation company. That's 2 this week for a total of $1.6 million. 

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

I like it. 

We need to form a nucleus of talented young players and stop being a kind of farm team for the rest of the league. I hope this signing has a snowball effect and makes other players want to stay (or come and join us). 

-- Edited by ShanghaiSenator on Thursday 19th of September 2019 08:10:02 PM

Jedi Master
Date:

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Just gets more and more and more embarrassing:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/ottawa-senators-owner-eugene-takes-legal-action-to-get-private-jet-back-1.5287642?cmp=rss&fbclid=IwAR0CoDqytFSehMPjDTuu5dCpo2bn0fq8ZIKeLmVcd1NojX4PEgLvfYyTMQo

Confident Fan
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Canadian Business magazine, which listed Melnyk 92nd on its 2018 list of Canada’s 100 wealthiest people, put his net worth at $1.2 billion. He made his fortune in the pharmaceutical industry, acquiring the NHL’s Ottawa franchise in 2003.

He’s not near broke, what’s this guys problem?

He has assets but no liquidity or cash.  His entire wealth is the team and the remaining RD Pharma operations that are not doing well.

Thx AO, that makes sense. What an a**hat

Page 1  >   Last »  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.