Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Around the league - stuff concerning other teams.

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Around the league - stuff concerning other teams.

Congrats to the montreal canadiens, first team in NHL history to finish 32nd.

Confident Fan
Date:

Homer wrote:

Sad news of Mike Bossy passing away at 65 from lung cancer.  One of the best goal scorers the NHL ever had.

RIP

Some thoughts on Mike Bossy: From Twitter and Gord Miller 

There’s never been a player whose career was so consistently brilliant.  Bossy played 10 seasons, and scored 50+ goals in the first nine.  In his 10th season, hampered by the back injury that would end his career, he scored 38 goals in 63 GP.  

Alumni
Date:

Sad news of Mike Bossy passing away at 65 from lung cancer.  One of the best goal scorers the NHL ever had.

RIP

Alumni
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

Goalie change for Boston.

i think you took a wrong turn at Albuquerque. 

Alumni
Date:

Goalie change for Boston.

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

"Ryan Hartman flipped off Evander Kane on Tuesday night and came away looking like the good guy.

The Minnesota Wild first-line center got into a tussle with Kane, something of a pariah in hockey right now, and as referees separated the two, Hartman flipped Kane the bird while adding some choice words. The NHL fined Hartman $4,250 for the gesture.

By Wednesday, fans had found Hartman’s Venmo account and money started pouring in to pay his fine. Even Kane’s ex-wife joined in with a $200 donation. Kane’s travails of the past year-plus are too numerous to mention in detail."

Evander hasn't learned much it seems, he's playing well and so everything in his world is rosy but his ex donating is pretty funny

a guy on the radio said he should have given him the double bird. same price, double the fun. 

Confident Fan
Date:

"Ryan Hartman flipped off Evander Kane on Tuesday night and came away looking like the good guy.

The Minnesota Wild first-line center got into a tussle with Kane, something of a pariah in hockey right now, and as referees separated the two, Hartman flipped Kane the bird while adding some choice words. The NHL fined Hartman $4,250 for the gesture.

By Wednesday, fans had found Hartman’s Venmo account and money started pouring in to pay his fine. Even Kane’s ex-wife joined in with a $200 donation. Kane’s travails of the past year-plus are too numerous to mention in detail."

Evander hasn't learned much it seems, he's playing well and so everything in his world is rosy but his ex donating is pretty funny

Alumni
Date:

Malkin gets a four game suspension for his vicious cross-check to Boro’s face. Definitely an AYKM dab.

Alumni
Date:

So…Getzlaf is retiring at the ripe old age of 36. Two things come to mind: 1) damn, I remember when he was a rookie and 2) I guess that means the Ducks are gonna be DEEP in the rebuild for the next couple years. I think he'd stick around if there was a potential for another cup in 1-2 years.

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:

Great thread by Chris Pronger about some of the financial pitfalls many pro athletes fall in. 

https://twitter.com/chrispronger/status/1511061515956551682

Doesn't surprise me. 

NHLPA should have a "Welcome to the NHL" seminar to cover this as required for all new players signing their 1st contract.  Follow it up with a refresher course every so often, especially during the 1st 5 years. 

Go ahead and add a public speaking/interviewing seminar to that curriculum as well.

Alumni
Date:

Great thread by Chris Pronger about some of the financial pitfalls many pro athletes fall in. 

https://twitter.com/chrispronger/status/1511061515956551682

Doesn't surprise me. 

NHLPA should have a "Welcome to the NHL" seminar to cover this as required for all new players signing their 1st contract.  Follow it up with a refresher course every so often, especially during the 1st 5 years. 

Alumni
Date:

276132640_10158192254027234_8475032186583969840_n.jpeg

Attachments
Confident Fan
Date:

Homer wrote:

Gold!

FLRevx1XwAUJmSz?format=jpg

Thank God they finally found a way to keep him from licking other players faces

Alumni
Date:

Gold!

FLRevx1XwAUJmSz?format=jpg

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Ian Mendes tweet today: About the idiot Canadian truckers

Harass soup kitchen volunteers ✅
Disrespect Terry Fox statue ✅
Dance on Tomb of the Unknown Soldier ✅
Carry signs and flags with swastikas ✅
Throw beer cans at journalists ✅

Don’t tell me you came to our city in peace.

And don’t tell me you represent “real Canadians”.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ Jackasses galore, these things even had Confederate Flags

been trying to ignore this stuff but had to blast Matt Duchene on twitter. He said he's ALL in favour of getting our freedoms back, but do it respectfully. Rich, privileged, coddled pro athlete who could literally drop everything and do anything, apparently is lacking his freedom. you couldn't be more out of touch. 

Confident Fan
Date:

Ian Mendes tweet today: About the idiot Canadian truckers

Harass soup kitchen volunteers ✅
Disrespect Terry Fox statue ✅
Dance on Tomb of the Unknown Soldier ✅
Carry signs and flags with swastikas ✅
Throw beer cans at journalists ✅

Don’t tell me you came to our city in peace.

And don’t tell me you represent “real Canadians”.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ Jackasses galore, these things even had Confederate Flags

Alumni
Date:

"I'm going to see myself on TSN or ESPN for a week, so not happy about that. But it was a great move." - Sam Montembeault [Zegras lacrosse goal]

Confident Fan
Date:

Oilers lose 6-0 v Panthers, they are in a slump

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Leafs just blew a 4-1 lead vs a true Cup contender and lost the game 🤣🤣🤣

where have i heard this before?

Confident Fan
Date:

Leafs just blew a 4-1 lead vs a true Cup contender and lost the game 🤣🤣🤣

« First  <  Page 2  >   Last »  sorted by