Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Around the league - stuff concerning other teams.

Post Info
Jedi Master
Date:
Around the league - stuff concerning other teams.

Official announcement today that the NHL is not going to the Olympics. For once, this is the right decision.

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
Homer wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Got the booster today and our Doctor said that the highly contagious nature of this strain means that just about everyone will catch this virus it’s 70x more contagious. Vaccine works and will lesson symptoms and many won’t know they have the virus. The NFL will soon not test players who’ve had all 3 shots if no symptoms. Hopefully it blows thru quickly

If you don't test, you won't get positive cases, if you have no positive cases, you don't need to postpone games.

Did Trump become the commish?

Bigly.

I read today that Brian May from Queen got it despite being double vaxxed and boosted. Said it was still like the worst flu he'd ever had and he's sure it would have been much worse without the jabs. 

Also heard that South Africa, where omicron began, is already showing signs of a decline in cases, which they hope means that although it spreads like crazy, hopefully it burns out quickly as well. fingers crossed. 

Agree Russel.  The NBA and NFL and EPL in England are just going to power thru for now. Watching Portland vs New Orleans on TV and about half the crowd is maskless. I sure as sh*t ain’t getting around anyone without a mask 😷 

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Got the booster today and our Doctor said that the highly contagious nature of this strain means that just about everyone will catch this virus it’s 70x more contagious. Vaccine works and will lesson symptoms and many won’t know they have the virus. The NFL will soon not test players who’ve had all 3 shots if no symptoms. Hopefully it blows thru quickly

If you don't test, you won't get positive cases, if you have no positive cases, you don't need to postpone games.

Bigly.

I read today that Brian May from Queen got it despite being double vaxxed and boosted. Said it was still like the worst flu he'd ever had and he's sure it would have been much worse without the jabs. 

Also heard that South Africa, where omicron began, is already showing signs of a decline in cases, which they hope means that although it spreads like crazy, hopefully it burns out quickly as well. fingers crossed. 

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Confident Fan
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

As much as it sucks, this was the right decision.

It is.  It should be league wide though, but I think the league fears not being able to start up again.  

Starting back up the 27th after 2 games that might be played tomorrow. 1 tonight. Sure looks like the Olympics are out, especially with going to China. The only good news is if you are vaxxed this highly contagious 😷 strain isn’t filling up the hospitals. Watching outdoor NFL games and very few masks 😷 in the stands. 

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

It is.  It should be league wide though, but I think the league fears not being able to start up again.  

Jedi Master
Date:

Alumni
Date:

"The NHL and NHLPA agreed Sunday to postpone cross-border travel. through Dec. 23."

So that means The Sens game vs the Blues and Canes on Tuesday and Thursday are postponed. 

Next earliest game if also not postponed is against the Caps in Washington on Monday the 27th it is also doesn't get postponed. 

Sounds like the league is scrambling on what to do next with a league wide pause button being the last option. 

-- Edited by Homer on Sunday 19th of December 2021 08:42:30 PM

-- Edited by Homer on Sunday 19th of December 2021 08:42:46 PM

Alumni
Date:

Oof there's 5 games postponed today

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

So with the Bruins and Nashville added to the list, that is now 5 teams on pause, plus both Toronto and Vancouver have had their next 2 games (against each other tonight, and their next games) postponed.

League needs to hit the pause button.

Jedi Master
Date:

So with the Bruins and Nashville added to the list, that is now 5 teams on pause, plus both Toronto and Vancouver have had their next 2 games (against each other tonight, and their next games) postponed.

Jedi Master
Date:

Official announcement just came out, Bruins are paused until at least the 26th.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

SensKat wrote:
senior wrote:

Some reporter tweeted that Sens game against Boston Sunday has been postponed. And that all cross border games are also being postponed.

Bruins have 6 players in Covid protocol.... I imagine they will be shut down soon, so I won't be surprised if that one is postponed.  I'm a bit surprised that tonight's game is happening, to be honest

Bruins Habs game tonight postponed.

Jedi Master
Date:

senior wrote:

Some reporter tweeted that Sens game against Boston Sunday has been postponed. And that all cross border games are also being postponed.

Bruins have 6 players in Covid protocol.... I imagine they will be shut down soon, so I won't be surprised if that one is postponed.  I'm a bit surprised that tonight's game is happening, to be honest

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Alumni
Date:

Bettman reduces Spezza's suspension from 6 game to 4 games.

The cynic in me might think that the suspension was reduced because the leafs need bodies in the lineup with players in covid protocol. 

However now Spezza himself is in covid protocol. 

Alumni
Date:

Agree Homer. No one should be going to the Olympics.

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:
Homer wrote:

Flyers and Canadiens will play to an empty Bell Center tonight. 

It'll help community outbreaks from getting worse, but the NHL should take a full pause while still having players submit daily tests for a couple weeks. 

I doubt it will happen though, at least not until after the Winter Classic game. 

The NFL has announced it is re-scheduling a number of games due to covid. 

The NHL should just pull out of the Olympics, pause the season for a couple weeks (still have daily testing) and make those games up during the Olympic break they were supposed to have in February.   

Players should stay in their home cities and not travel during the shutdown.  Sucks, but if borders shutdown, then players won't be able to cross border again.

Alumni
Date:

@Homer - we're pretty sure they let him resign instead of firing him because I have never heard of someone willingly giving up millions of dollars lol.

« First  <  Page 3  >   Last »  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.