Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Around the league - stuff concerning other teams.

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Around the league - stuff concerning other teams.

Kardinal wrote:

City of Calgary to jointly fund new arena for Flames....$275M of public money. Euge must be salivating.

Calgary's owners didn't burn every bridge they had, though. Euge can keep dreaming. 

Alumni
Date:

City of Calgary to jointly fund new arena for Flames....$275M of public money. Euge must be salivating.

Confident Fan
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Kardinal wrote:

He didn’t live up to “best coach in the league” if he got fired by TML with three years left on his contract. The question will be who will be willing to pay a failed-as-a-coach-with-that-much-talent-on-the-team as much as he stands to still make from MLSE (about $6M per season)?

well, they don't have to be willing to pay him as much... if they give him permission to talk to another team, MLSE is on the hook for the difference in salary.  So if another team only offers him $4M, MLSE has to fork over the other $2M

He is now ”doomed” to living off his millions after Chelios Commodore and others calling out this guy.  NOW we know why we couldn’t spell out his name on this site they knew he was a curse word way b4 the rest of the world 🤣🤣

Jedi Master
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

He didn’t live up to “best coach in the league” if he got fired by TML with three years left on his contract. The question will be who will be willing to pay a failed-as-a-coach-with-that-much-talent-on-the-team as much as he stands to still make from MLSE (about $6M per season)?

well, they don't have to be willing to pay him as much... if they give him permission to talk to another team, MLSE is on the hook for the difference in salary.  So if another team only offers him $4M, MLSE has to fork over the other $2M

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

"But surely that won't happen to MY team... also he gets results, doesn't he?" - some GM probably

Alumni
Date:

Why would any organization want to bring in this dick? He's such a negative presence and players don’t like him. 

Alumni
Date:

Wow, the latest on Bab****. 

https://torontosun.com/sports/hockey/reinvigorated-leafs-eager-to-keep-pushing-forward-with-keefe-at-helm

"One tale was related to us in the past few days that is said to have occurred in the 2016-17 season, during the annual fathers trip.

Bab**** was alleged to have asked one of the Leafs’ rookies to list the players on the team from hardest-working to those who, in the eyes of the rookie, didn’t have a strong work ethic. The rookie did so, not wanting to upset his coach, but was taken aback when Bab**** told the players who had been listed at the bottom."

Alumni
Date:

They have lost 6 in a row. Not even the Sens have done that this year. Even when we suck the Leafs just can't try to not outdo us.

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:

Another GM throwing his coach under the bus. Used all their salary cap space on a hand full of scorers (floaters) who can't or won't back check. Crappy defense and average goal keeping. No depth or character. Leafs suck.

I don’t like this. I wanted the suck to continue unchallenged With the screaming trees. 

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Another GM throwing his coach under the bus. Used all their salary cap space on a hand full of scorers (floaters) who can't or won't back check. Crappy defense and average goal keeping. No depth or character. Leafs suck.

Jedi Master
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Speaking of the Leafs I saw they just fired Bab**** 😂

Such a shame....

Alumni
Date:

Speaking of the Leafs I saw they just fired Bab**** 😂

Alumni
Date:

I see one of our feline overlords, Smudge, doesn’t like the Leafs. Being from Kanata, I’m sure he’s a long-suffering Sens fan. You can follow him on Instagram, smudge_lord. A cat with over a million followers.....da intarwebz is funy.

Confident Fan
Date:

The Penguins always have like eight injuries and twelve call ups I've never heard of. The call is like "Malkin gains the zone with wingers Mark Donk and Buzz Flibbet" and you look and they both have 47 points

As seen on Twitter, this is so true

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

75576621_10156450866872021_5846580392672362496_n.jpg

Attachments
Alumni
Date:

In case you guys haven't heard, the Byf situation in Winnipeg is getting weirder all the time:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/jets-dustin-byfuglien-saga-likely-going-arbitration/

Alumni
Date:

Do I need to add lacrosse style goal to the Bingo cards? I guess that would fall under AYKM!

https://twitter.com/NHL/status/1189351770243375105

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

"Terrible Ted Green has died. He was one tough sob. Hated him when he played for the Bruins. I was at the exhibition game in Ottawa when he and Wayne Maki got into a stick swinging altercation and Green was badly injured.

https://www.tsn.ca/former-oilers-coach-and-seven-time-stanley-cup-champ-ted-green-dies-at-79-1.1380318

-- Edited by senior on Saturday 12th of October 2019 07:57:26 PM

Alumni
Date:

Lmfao... I just read about this and thought, "let's go to the Call Ups forum they'll have something." I was not disappointed.

Page 1  >   Last »  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.