Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Around the league - stuff concerning other teams.

Post Info
Confident Fan
Date:
RE: Around the league - stuff concerning other teams.

tjlincoln wrote:
Kardinal wrote:

Oilers fire GM Chiarelli........right after he waives Spooner and signs the backup goalie to $4.6M per season. Hey, why don’t we bring him in to replace Dorion? (/sarcasm)

From Mark Spector

Can report that the Koskinen deal was negotiated between Chiarelli and the agent, Markus Lehto. No one else from Oilers end.

if that’s true then we have a rival to Melnyk for worst Owner in North American sports 

This report by Spector always seemed real iffy to me and the fact I wanted to believe the Oilers were this stupid is the reason I put it on here.  But alas Bob Nicholson said it was all of the executives w the Oilers who did this.  

Confident Fan
Date:

senior wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

McDavid for Ceci! Oh wait Chiarelli's gone :/

He probably considered it

If we got McDavid, they would trade him to another team for a couple of 4th liners and 4th or 5th round picks because he would want to much money.

They’d be right too, money is a problem for the delusional ass that owns Ottawa

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

If we got McDavid, they would trade him to another team for a couple of 4th liners and 4th or 5th round picks because he would want to much money.

Jedi Master
Date:

Crazy report I saw says that they fired Chiarelli during the second intermission of the game last night "so that he had time to leave the building quietly"

Some days that organization makes me almost feel like ours is not so bad.

Confident Fan
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

Oilers fire GM Chiarelli........right after he waives Spooner and signs the backup goalie to $4.6M per season. Hey, why don’t we bring him in to replace Dorion? (/sarcasm)

From Mark Spector

Can report that the Koskinen deal was negotiated between Chiarelli and the agent, Markus Lehto. No one else from Oilers end.

if that’s true then we have a rival to Melnyk for worst Owner in North American sports 

Confident Fan
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

Here’s a thought: he traded both Tyler and Taylor.

How’d that work out? 😂

Alumni
Date:

Here’s a thought: he traded both Tyler and Taylor.

Alumni
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

The problem with a bad blown call too is that it also takes away the legitimacy of the Rams winning. They'll be seen as having cheated their way through rather than if the call was made who knows what could've happened. Rams could've come back and still won.... but now we'll never know and their victory has been tainted :/

Even though u don’t watch often, that’s excellent analysis. Obviously the players for LA did nothing wrong to quote unquote cheat.  Well except the dude who admitted he blew that sucker up 😂😂  What a crap show when the player admits he interfered with the guy because it was all he could do 🤦‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♀️

Alumni
Date:

Note: not an NFL fan so when I watched the games I don't really care who wins lol.

Alumni
Date:

The problem with a bad blown call too is that it also takes away the legitimacy of the Rams winning. They'll be seen as having cheated their way through rather than if the call was made who knows what could've happened. Rams could've come back and still won.... but now we'll never know and their victory has been tainted :/

Confident Fan
Date:

senior wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Senior!! I do believe the NHL refs invaded the NFL in the Saints v Rams game. One of the worst non call pass interference calls I’ve ever seen. Not only PI but it was helmet ⛑ to helmet targeting too. Cost Saints a SB berth

It was one of the most blatant missed calls I can remember. I would be p*ssed as hell if I was the Saints. Will be interesting to if the league has anything to say about it.

If that happened to Seattle I wouldn‘t of been able to function, the refs are getting worse and worse in all sports.  All athletes are just to fast for these older guys to keep up

Confident Fan
Date:

senior wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

I actually watched both games and since I don't know all the rules I wasn't as outraged. But what I don't get is how im the NFL OT is often won on a coin toss. In the cfl both teams are able to try for a TD in OT that seems a lot more fair.

The CFL's overtime rules are better.

yes they are

we have a Saints fan on here and I bet he’s hot and mad

the league has already told the Saints head coach they missed that and will probably issue a statement tomorrow 

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

I actually watched both games and since I don't know all the rules I wasn't as outraged. But what I don't get is how im the NFL OT is often won on a coin toss. In the cfl both teams are able to try for a TD in OT that seems a lot more fair.

The CFL's overtime rules are better.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Senior!! I do believe the NHL refs invaded the NFL in the Saints v Rams game. One of the worst non call pass interference calls I’ve ever seen. Not only PI but it was helmet ⛑ to helmet targeting too. Cost Saints a SB berth

It was one of the most blatant missed calls I can remember. I would be p*ssed as hell if I was the Saints. Will be interesting to if the league has anything to say about it.

Alumni
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:

Rick Nash retires due to health concerns. Always like him. Wanted the Sens to go after him when he left the Rangers.

https://ottawacitizen.com/pmn/sports-pmn/hockey-sports-pmn/longtime-nhl-winger-rich-nash-retires-because-of-concussion-symptoms/wcm/103798d4-c9ad-42d3-91b4-532c5ba35eff

That's sad. I hope he recovers. Good career though.

« First  <  Page 2  >   Last »  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.