Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Around the league - stuff concerning other teams.

Post Info
Confident Fan
Date:
Around the league - stuff concerning other teams.

Senior!! I do believe the NHL refs invaded the NFL in the Saints v Rams game. One of the worst non call pass interference calls I’ve ever seen. Not only PI but it was helmet ⛑ to helmet targeting too. Cost Saints a SB berth

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:

Rick Nash retires due to health concerns. Always like him. Wanted the Sens to go after him when he left the Rangers.

https://ottawacitizen.com/pmn/sports-pmn/hockey-sports-pmn/longtime-nhl-winger-rich-nash-retires-because-of-concussion-symptoms/wcm/103798d4-c9ad-42d3-91b4-532c5ba35eff

That's sad. I hope he recovers. Good career though.

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

This is for Senior and Kardinal about our favorite NFL team left, saw this from a writer in Philadelphia

Okay, @Eagles fans, what’s your Super Bowl rooting order now? I’ve got 1) Chiefs, 2) Rams, 3) Saints then at 7463) Pats.
I don’t know, if it was me I’d have the Pats lower 🤷🏼‍♂️

They ruined a great weekend of football. Did I mention I hate the Patriots? They rank right up there with the laffs on my hate list.

I’m a Bills fan stuck right in the middle of Pats*** country.  Their fan base is insufferable and will immediately play the ”it’s only a game” ”why so bitter, stop living in the past?” victim card once their franchise collapses.

it’s like a team entirely made up of Domis, Tuckers, Gallaghers, and Raffi Torres types with constant Montreal Typical officiating.

Confident Fan
Date:

senior wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

This is for Senior and Kardinal about our favorite NFL team left, saw this from a writer in Philadelphia

Okay, @Eagles fans, what’s your Super Bowl rooting order now? I’ve got 1) Chiefs, 2) Rams, 3) Saints then at 7463) Pats.

They ruined a great weekend of football. Did I mention I hate the Patriots? They rank right up there with the laffs on my hate list.

Right there with you, I'm a Seahawks fan imagine how I felt when the Hawks failed to give the ball to a guy named Beast Mode at the goal line 4 years ago.  Just found out the play that NE intercepted the ball at the goal line was the 6th time Seattle ran that play that year and it failed every time.  

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Confident Fan
Date:

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:

Rick Nash retires due to health concerns. Always like him. Wanted the Sens to go after him when he left the Rangers.

https://ottawacitizen.com/pmn/sports-pmn/hockey-sports-pmn/longtime-nhl-winger-rich-nash-retires-because-of-concussion-symptoms/wcm/103798d4-c9ad-42d3-91b4-532c5ba35eff

Too bad for him.

But the Sens were never going to sign him after he refused to take the Sens and all Canadaian teams off his NTC when Columbus was trying to move him.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Lol Marchand is such a small guy he'd get destroyed in an actual fight, hence why he never fights fair. He hasn't been licking anyone lately has he?

lol about the licking 

T.J. Oshie on Brad Marchand refusing to fight Lars Eller: “I was a little let down that Marchand didn’t drop his gloves.”

Eller on Marchand: “Everybody saw what he is.”

#ALLCAPS⁠ ⁠

Alumni
Date:

Lol Marchand is such a small guy he'd get destroyed in an actual fight, hence why he never fights fair. He hasn't been licking anyone lately has he?

Confident Fan
Date:

Brad Machand when Lars Eller was not suspecting him: Fought him.
Brad Machand when Lars Eller was ready to fight: Wanted nothing to do with it.
This is Brad Marchand in a nutshell ladies and gentlemen.

Marchand not interested in fighting Eller now that he's interested. The biggest coward in the NHL back into his stunts. #CapsBruins

2 different sports writers covering Caps v Bruins today

Confident Fan
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Oh yeah very true. Because to this point the Oilers had no defense.

This defense Wideman spoke about let the Sharks put up 7 today and EK65 had 4 points and a +5 and the Canucks scored 4 in the first period the other day.  Oilers have given up 11G in 2 losses

Alumni
Date:

Price is out with a lower body injury, placed on IR retroactive to Dec 22nd. 

"Julien: Price is dealing with nagging 'irritation'"

Both Russell and Senior call that a brother. 

Alumni
Date:

Oh yeah very true. Because to this point the Oilers had no defense.

Jedi Master
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Wideman praising Oilers defensive? I didn't realize things were so desperate here.

Keep in mind of course that the Oilers just hired Ken Hitch**** as their head coach.... so their defensive game is undergoing a major overhaul

Alumni
Date:

Wideman praising Oilers defensive? I didn't realize things were so desperate here.

Alumni
Date:

Stanley Cup champion, Alex Chiasson has *checks notes* 10 goals in 16 games

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
SensKat wrote:

couple of interesting quotes from Wideman in here:

www.nhl.com/oilers/news/blog-wideman-reflects-on-first-practice-after-joining-club/c-302268304

So he was shocked teams still play defensively responsible

What is this defensively responsible you speak of?

Confident Fan
Date:

SensKat wrote:

www.nhl.com/oilers/news/blog-wideman-reflects-on-first-practice-after-joining-club/c-302268304

So he was shocked teams still play defensively responsable

Jedi Master
Date:

« First  <  Page 2  >   Last »  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.