Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Around the league - stuff concerning other teams.

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Around the league - stuff concerning other teams.

KELLY! short-handed!

Zinfandel Expert
Date:

Season 3 Pan & Canuck’s Adventures.... WORST EPISODE EVER!

keep up the good work!

Alumni
Date:

ShanghaiSenator wrote:

Sad to see Carlyle get the boot. I thought he was doing a bang-up job!

I hope they give Torts a crack at it next! 

that would be so awesome.

Alumni
Date:

Sad to see Carlyle get the boot. I thought he was doing a bang-up job!

I hope they give Torts a crack at it next! 

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Alumni
Date:

BlEKtb_IgAATLXR.jpg:large

Alumni
Date:

The laffs......snicker. God bless them. 

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:
that ufa list is a who's who of washed up has-beens. 

Exactly -- a cheap(er) temporary patched together team.   It'll be interesting to see where they go in the off-season.   Any bets on if Lou might be next on the chopping block?

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Heatley placed on waivers. Kind of hope Edmonton picks him up. Maybe NJ?

Alumni
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

I think Lamorello is in the same place, as far as what he's allowed to spend, as GMBM was two seasons ago: put together something cheap while we get the financial side straightened out.   The new ownership took on a fair amount of debt with the team, so I'm guessing the purse strings are pretty tight there this season with an eye on "let's get though this season and go from there" with a July 1st list that looks like this:

UFAs: Jaromir Jagr, Micheal Ryder, Martin Havlat, Steve Bernier, Tim Sestito, Scott Gomez, Jordin Tootoo, Bryce Salvador, Marek Zidlicky, Peter Harrold

RFAs: Eric Gelinas, Adam Larsson, Seth Helgeson (entry level contract expiring), Keith Kinkaid

They have Cory Schneider and Travis Zajac signed on  long term deals, along with Andy Greene (5 more years) Mike Cammelleri  (4 more years) Adam Henrique (4 more years) and Ryan Clowe (3 more years), so they have pieces to build around but it's going to probably take a little while.  I can say I know nothing about what prospects they have in their system other than F Stefan Matteau (played for Team USA at WJHC in 2014) and the fact that his Travis Zajac's brothers Darcy and Kelly play for the Albany Devils of the AHL.

that ufa list is a who's who of washed up has-beens. 

Jedi Master
Date:

I'm actually curious to see how he will do in Edmonton, where he's going to be expected to be a top guy again, and one of the vets that provides some guidance to the bunch of whiners they have over there.

Alumni
Date:

wasn't that long ago Roy was a top scorer, diving aside, and a Sens killer. Now he's a throw away.

Jedi Master
Date:

Big day in Edmonton today...

Picked up Matt Fraser off waivers, and traded for Derek Roy.

Alumni
Date:

I think Lamorello is in the same place, as far as what he's allowed to spend, as GMBM was two seasons ago: put together something cheap while we get the financial side straightened out.   The new ownership took on a fair amount of debt with the team, so I'm guessing the purse strings are pretty tight there this season with an eye on "let's get though this season and go from there" with a July 1st list that looks like this:

UFAs: Jaromir Jagr, Micheal Ryder, Martin Havlat, Steve Bernier, Tim Sestito, Scott Gomez, Jordin Tootoo, Bryce Salvador, Marek Zidlicky, Peter Harrold

RFAs: Eric Gelinas, Adam Larsson, Seth Helgeson (entry level contract expiring), Keith Kinkaid

They have Cory Schneider and Travis Zajac signed on  long term deals, along with Andy Greene (5 more years) Mike Cammelleri  (4 more years) Adam Henrique (4 more years) and Ryan Clowe (3 more years), so they have pieces to build around but it's going to probably take a little while.  I can say I know nothing about what prospects they have in their system other than F Stefan Matteau (played for Team USA at WJHC in 2014) and the fact that his Travis Zajac's brothers Darcy and Kelly play for the Albany Devils of the AHL.

Jedi Master
Date:

as of this morning, NJ are actually going with a bizarre setup with Lamorello behind the bench for a few games (right), Adam Oates in charge of the Forwards, Scott Stevens in charge of the D... with the plan being that those two will split the coaching job. That just sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Confident Fan
Date:

that's hard to believe, wonder how long till he's fired in NJ. NJ has no stinking talent that's under 30 other than Corey Schneider. What a joke NJ is this season. Their coach just had that team in the Finals too and now just like MacLean he forgot how to coach or he doesn't have the talent to win just like MacLean in Ottawa yet both are fired because the GM didn't give either coach the talent to compete with the Pittsburgh's of the world.

Jedi Master
Date:

Rumored that the Paulrus might be going to NJ...

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2014/12/is_paul_maclean_the_new_devils_coach.html

NEWARK — With teams set to resume play after the NHL's Christmas break, speculation among Devils players is that Paul MacLean will be introduced Saturday morning as the team's new coach.

MacLean, 56, was fired by the Ottawa Senators on Dec. 8 after that team got off to an 11-11-5 start.

The 2013 Jack Adams Award winner as the NHL's top coach, MacLean is regarded as a disciplinarian who is feared but not disliked by his players. That would fit into the type of coach general manager Lou Lamoriello might want to bring in to succeed Pete DeBoer.

In four seasons as coach of the Senators, MacLean compiled a 114-90-35 record. He was 8-9 in the playoffs.

Born in France, MacLean is a former forward who played 719 NHL games with the St. Louis Blues, Winnipeg Jets and Detroit Red Wings. He is known for his distinctive mustache.

Alumni
Date:

10152576_1063670203659471_8408720845617068971_n.jpg

Attachments
Alumni
Date:

Leaf fans, every year, when they realize it's happening again. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U0Z1ZAbSMlI

Confident Fan
Date:

a guy named David Rundblad scored for Chicago tonite--can u believe it?  and for good news the Leafs are losing 4-0 and getting ready to go into another crisis mode

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Sunday 21st of December 2014 09:25:41 PM

« First  <  Page 58  >   Last »  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.