Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Around the league - stuff concerning other teams.

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Around the league - stuff concerning other teams.

alfie has ruled out playing this year. impending retirement announcement? 

Alumni
Date:

...and with a NTC. Definitely a contract that the Sens were going to walk away from. Yay for cap space for raises for the kids!

Alumni
Date:

Spezza signs a four-year, $30 million extension with Dallas

Alumni
Date:

That's crazy that parents would treat their kid like a bottomless ATM machine.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Wow. Sad story

http://www.ottawasun.com/2014/11/20/blue-jackets-jack-johnson-is-broke

Alumni
Date:

I wonder how ol' Chuckie in Buffalo is doing today? Haven't heard from him in years.

Alumni
Date:

Romantic Canadian Husband. 

Man said to his wife "Alright you sexy thing, upstairs now" 

She looked at him and said "Ooh, you devil" 

He said "No, seriously, hockey is starting,....... bugger off” 

Alumni
Date:

leafs got dry scraped 9-2 by preds. 

you're welcome.

Alumni
Date:

next thing you know, he'll have a jingle like "Tounces that driving cat".

Alumni
Date:

he gets his own column now. awesome!

Pan
Alumni
Date:

It's a miracle that this guy not only remains an NHL official but that the league regards him as one of the best by giving him the cup finals games too

Confident Fan
Date:

senior wrote:

Not exactly another team but an article on Russell's favorite ref:

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/continuing-adventures-of-tim-peel--terrible-nhl-referee-150413270.html

LOL, I was watching the game and was switching back and forth to the World Series and I'm for the Sharks and couldn't believe that Peel called that on the Duck. I turned the channel after I knew Hannan took that penalty came back a minute later and couldn't believe that it was a 4-4 instead of a penalty on the Sharks

Can u believe the Oilers have now won 4 straight after everyone out there was supposed to be fired like yesterday?  beat Montreal 3-0.

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Tuesday 28th of October 2014 12:18:17 AM

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Tuesday 28th of October 2014 12:18:57 AM

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Not exactly another team but an article on Russell's favorite ref:

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/continuing-adventures-of-tim-peel--terrible-nhl-referee-150413270.html

Alumni
Date:

Chara suffered a knee injury last night and could be out 4-6 weeks. Not good for Boston as they are having a slow start, but good for the Sens.

Alumni
Date:

If they are smart and get themselves some good accountants,they don't pay nearly that much. 

Alumni
Date:

An interesting look how players around the league get taxed.

Karlsson pays just under $3.2M in taxes (49.15% of his salary)

At 41.57$ Luongo pays the lowest percentage in taxes.

Subban and Markov pay the highest percentage at 49.71, with Price next at 49.70.

Alumni
Date:

Now that CBC HNiC is gone (although weirdly enough it was on Sportsnet and Don Cherry was back?) I had almost lost hope but then I saw Glen Healy covering games and heard the miraculous voice of Bob Cole covering the Senators. Then I knew all was still right in the hockey world.

Also, some hilarity from some games I watched. Apparently Colorado has yet to score a goal, (They might have tonight I'm not sure but it was a hilarious stat) Nashville was booing Spezza on Saturday because apparently they're sore that he signed with Dallas and not with them. New Jersey is *somehow* scoring like crazy and Vancouver had to beat Edmonton in a shoot-out. Also I'm kind of disappointed that the Jets home opener is against Nashville and two weeks after the season started. I guess some teams had to start on the road, but still.

-- Edited by Spezzial-Delivery on Wednesday 15th of October 2014 12:54:59 AM

Alumni
Date:

And still they might end up higher in the standings than the Sens. Which, if neither makes the playoffs, I wouldn't mind at all! But hey the season is still young, so Leafs suck & Go Sens, Go!

Alumni
Date:

They didn't fire Carlyle as they said publicly that Shanny was brought in to "fix things" so if they were suddenly firing the coach it would look like Shanny wasn't good enough for the job.   Also, they thought that the year-end collapse was all Reimer's fault, but then they re-signed him.   Then they hired an analytics guy who's showing them that all their decisions were wrong.  Then they bargained with mid-level players to sign for less money on bridge contracts because their top 5F & 1D (by salary) all have NTC/NMCs and they are screwed by the cap, and signed a 37 year old blueliner to a 3 year contract and gave him a NTC.   After all this, the CEO of MLSE said what he thought in private out loud and in public, and said he wants to leave when a successor can be found.   I think he's going to be in the job for another 3 years.

I swear this team is being run by a parody Twitter account.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Leaf fans unhappy with team. Apparently after a few generations of losing, they suddenly realize their team sucks.

Has anyone ever figured out why the hell the lafs did not fire Carlyle?

-- Edited by senior on Monday 13th of October 2014 12:16:07 PM

« First  <  Page 42  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.