Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: The Bacon Thread

Post Info
Jedi Master
Date:
RE: The Bacon Thread

oh no! You can substitute other things for eggs (although I haven't done it with that specific recipe yet), but if you want to try it, you can use mashed banana, or chia seeds.... or get your butt to the store to buy eggs!

Alumni
Date:

I was ready to make some Apple-Bacon coffee cake (as mentioned in the game 2 thread)......until I realized I had used my last eggs to make banana bread yesterday.  

Zinfandel Expert
Date:

Cbinc wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Just made a loaf of apple bacon bread. Mmmmmmm....

the only way to make this better is to wrap it in bacon! 

Alumni
Date:

image.jpg

Attachments
Zinfandel Expert
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Jedi Master
Date:

Zinfandel Expert
Date:

tumblr_ncodruhjPR1tmpibno1_500[1].jpg

Attachments
Pie Connoisseur
Date:

For those of you who know what the heck tinder is: http://www.ctvnews.ca/lifestyle/virtual-meat-market-dating-app-launches-for-bacon-lovers-1.2567906

Alumni
Date:

Cbinc wrote:

Yes it is BACON DAY...where has the year gone?IntBaconDay-main[1].jpg

IN MY BELL-LAY!!!!!!!

Zinfandel Expert
Date:

Yes it is BACON DAY...where has the year gone?IntBaconDay-main[1].jpg

Attachments
Zinfandel Expert
Date:

Has it been a year already??baconday.JPG

Attachments
Alumni
Date:

canuck wrote:

Why is no one talking about Baconpalooza this weekend in Ottawa? I'd go but it's a little too expensive to go with kids in tow "Celebrate all things bacon during Baconpalooza at the Farm in the heart of the city. Go hog wild for the food trucks, and beer and ****tail tents, and squeal in delight at the smoking and barbeque demonstrations and live entertainment. And be sure to check out The Market, where you’ll be able to bring home the bacon!" Www.baconpalooza.ca

Website says it's on Sept 12th.  Monkey Junk (Local Reference) is performing. They're pretty good, Steve Mariner is a good multi-instrument musician.  He plays base, guitar, piano and harmonica.   

I'm training for my 1st 1/2 marathon at the Army Run on the 20th, so I'm eating lean meats and good carbs.  I already had my cheat days at the Calabogie Blues and Ribfest last weekend  

Zinfandel Expert
Date:

canuck wrote:

Why is no one talking about Baconpalooza this weekend in Ottawa? I'd go but it's a little too expensive to go with kids in tow "Celebrate all things bacon during Baconpalooza at the Farm in the heart of the city. Go hog wild for the food trucks, and beer and ****tail tents, and squeal in delight at the smoking and barbeque demonstrations and live entertainment. And be sure to check out The Market, where you’ll be able to bring home the bacon!" Www.baconpalooza.ca

Localreference

Alumni
Date:

Zinfandel Expert
Date:

feel a need for virtual BACON? coming in mid 2016, YES...THE BACON EMOJI!!bacon emoji.JPG

Attachments
Confident Fan
Date:

Truth is a lot stranger than fiction when it comes to BACON!!! This is a real news story below:

Man Tries To Press Charges When Girlfriend Lets Cat Eat His Bacon

A man called police attempting to press charges when his girlfriend let their cat eat his bacon.

A man called West Yorkshire police in England to complain that his girlfriend and their cat had eaten his bacon. “Er, me girlfriend has let the cat eat my bacon,” the caller told a dispatcher, according to the Yorkshire Evening Post. When the dispatcher asked what the caller wanted police to do he responded “I want to press charges." At that point, the dispatcher asked if police should arrest his girlfriend or the cat, at which the caller said “Both of them."

“Sir, it’s not an offense to let your cat eat your bacon. And we don’t arrest cats,” she said.

“No, but me girlfriend allowed the cat to do it,” he continued.

Finally, she told him that the cat’s alleged offense did not qualify as an emergency.

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
senior wrote:

Got up this morning and decided I was going to have bacon, fried potatoes and onion and toast. Fried up the potatoes and onions and went to cook the bacon. That's when I noticed it was CHICKEN bacon. It was to late to turn back so I used it. It wasn't that bad but afterwards I was thinking, did I break some sacred bacon law? Does this make me a bad person? Am I going to go to hell or worse, become a lafs fan?

were you the one who bought the bacon? if so, we could have a problem. If you were simply a victim of the wife's unbacony knowledge, then you're ok, you were just doing what you had to do. but she'll need to go to bacon counselling.

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:

Got up this morning and decided I was going to have bacon, fried potatoes and onion and toast. Fried up the potatoes and onions and went to cook the bacon. That's when I noticed it was CHICKEN bacon. It was to late to turn back so I used it. It wasn't that bad but afterwards I was thinking, did I break some sacred bacon law? Does this make me a bad person? Am I going to go to hell or worse, become a lafs fan?

were you the one who bought the bacon? if so, we could have a problem. If you were simply a victim of the wife's unbacony knowledge, then you're ok, you were just doing what you had to do. but she'll need to go to bacon counselling.

Zinfandel Expert
Date:

senior wrote:

hell maybe, but still not bad enough to be a leafs fan. 

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

«First  <  117 18 19 20 2124  >  Last»  | Page of 24  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.