Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: 2014 off-season signings / trades / etc

Post Info
Pan
Alumni
Date:
RE: 2014 off-season signings / trades / etc

Benoit Pouliot was in town today. Apparently looking to the Sens as a top option.
I like it because of his experience, left hand shot and I remember him being used on the PK. I remember him taking bad offensive zone penalties, but he may draw some too. 3rd line is best but would probably find himself on the second line here. Good change from Michalek

Alumni
Date:

Murray Pam

‏@Pammerhockey

#Sens are cutting org. ties with Ben Blood, Corey Cowick, Tyler Eckford, Wacey Hamilton, Nathan Lawson and 2007 1st rd pick Jim O'Brien.

Nothing really surprising there.  Looks like they want to run with Hammond for next year.  Looks like Cowick's one year deal really was a put up or shut up one.

Pan
Alumni
Date:

I don't see Cowen as the next Chara. He doesn't have the shot or the offensive mind set. He should be like Phillips, and that's perfectly fine (because he's 15 years younger or something). I'd really like to see Cowen and Ceci together and see how that would work out.

Alumni
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:

That's a good contract for a #6 defenseman, which is all Gryba is.

Wiercioch is on the way out, he's a big body defenseman capable of putting up ~30-40 points that doesn't like to hit. You know, like Kuba.

I do also think it's a good contract, but I'd rather have one 'Kuba' on my team than 4 'Philipses'/6-7D. We do have Philips and his rediculous 2 year contract. Cowen who could turn out the next Chara, but maybe not. Gryba with his sparkling new contract. And Borocop on a one waynext year. What's wrong with management and coaching?

Tim Murray is laughing his ass off!

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Not sure why Coyotes signed this guy. Once a jerk always a jerk.

ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/coyotes-severing-ties-ribeiro-212504614--nhl.html

Alumni
Date:

I'm sure Phillips can point the D in the right direction

Pan
Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:

i'm gonna give the D another chance. if we believe that most of last year's problems were due to Maclean's coaching style, then maybe if he returns to his old ways, the D will have a better year, much like after clouston was canned.

After all, Phillips is here to mentor.  Not sure why he didn't do it last year, but he said he's going to do it now!

Alumni
Date:

i'm gonna give the D another chance. if we believe that most of last year's problems were due to Maclean's coaching style, then maybe if he returns to his old ways, the D will have a better year, much like after clouston was canned.

Alumni
Date:

That's a good contract for a #6 defenseman, which is all Gryba is.

Wiercioch is on the way out, he's a big body defenseman capable of putting up ~30-40 points that doesn't like to hit. You know, like Kuba.

Alumni
Date:

Pan wrote:

Gryba seems a little bit pricey, and now with Sdao and Wideman (and Claessen and boro and Ceci), is there room for Wiercioch? Who besides Karlsson has offensive pressure?

That's what I'm afraid of, that Wiercioch will be moved (maybe in a Spezza-package). He's already in the coaches' doghouse and the GM appears to side with the coach now. Of course we don't know what would be coming back, but another year of playing Philips, Cowen and now potentially PM-magnet Borocop over Wiercioch? Ugh.

Alumni
Date:

Gryba isn't really that expensive when you look around the league. It's all insane. Plus, there is that pesky cap floor to get to.

Pan
Alumni
Date:

Cole Schneider extends for a year which I believe helps with leadership and experience in Bingo

-- Edited by Pan on Thursday 26th of June 2014 05:58:19 PM

Pan
Alumni
Date:

Gryba seems a little bit pricey, and now with Sdao and Wideman (and Claessen and boro and Ceci), is there room for Wiercioch? Who besides Karlsson has offensive pressure?

Confident Fan
Date:

Ken Warren @Citizenkwarren
Michael Sdao and Chris Wideman also signed

Confident Fan
Date:

StooLi favorited
1m
Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie
Eric Gryba agrees to 2-year deal with OTT. $1.2M and $1.3M.

Alumni
Date:

yep

Alumni
Date:

Russell - was that photo at Algonquin College new hall?

Alumni
Date:

Nothing so far this week, but I expect to hear something happening with the Senators at some point.  A Spezza move is probable, but I'm leaning towards another move of a player or players, specifically from/to the D corps.

Alumni
Date:

Black Diamond Cat Trees acquire Spartacat!

Attachments
Confident Fan
Date:

or Anaheim because everyone knows California is now the hotbed of Hockey

«First  <  14 5 6 7 810  >  Last»  | Page of 10  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.