Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: 2014 off-season signings / trades / etc

Post Info
Jedi Master
Date:
RE: 2014 off-season signings / trades / etc

Sad news, but not really surprising - he didn't look well at all at his press conference last week.

He's tough, and in the hands of some of the best doctors out there - hopefully he can beat it.

Alumni
Date:

They grow them tough in shawville. My moneys on Bryan.

C3
Veteran
Date:

Sad news. Prayers go out to all his relations.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Sad news about Bryan Murray. I hope all goes well for him.

Alumni
Date:

Not surprising considering the off the cuff remark from Simmons in the Sun over the weekend, the team confirms that Murray has been diagnosed with cancer.

cry

Confident Fan
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

If Lazar doesn't make the big team, he goes back to Edmonton.  It's a problem with his late birthday, but there's no way to get around it and have him sent to Bingo.  NHL or home to WHL.

That's too bad, thanks Kardinal   He can't want to go back

Pan
Alumni
Date:

labru wrote:
Pan wrote:

Labru, you mean Vinny plus 3 first round picks for Claessen. I believe that's what Melnyk was speaking of last year!

Why bother with a trade - unless it's Patrick Sharp. Otherwise, go call David Legwand and see what he wants. $3M for 2 years to get leadership, an OK 2C and not give anything up for him.

You visionary, you... biggrin

Yeah, well I called the Corvo signing last summer so....

Alumni
Date:

Pan wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:

Yawn. That's nice.

This is why we need more Russell commentary on this site.  Makes his point and it's spot on

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Friday 4th of July 2014 04:38:43 PM

What.  You don't like my quantitative and qualitative analysis on EVERYTHING?

meh, your analysis is like your stats... way too fancy wink

just kidding!

Alumni
Date:

Pan wrote:

Labru, you mean Vinny plus 3 first round picks for Claessen. I believe that's what Melnyk was speaking of last year!

Why bother with a trade - unless it's Patrick Sharp. Otherwise, go call David Legwand and see what he wants. $3M for 2 years to get leadership, an OK 2C and not give anything up for him.

You visionary, you... biggrin

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

what trade are u speaking about AO? I thought they were done at least with the Forwards, they do need help on defense but so does just about every team in the NHL save a few.

Murray's quotes after signing Legwand indicated that he was still working on a trade and rumors were that the only thing holding it up was the other team needing to scout a prospect he offered.

Right now unless a body is moved out for a D upgrade, we are pretty set at forward.

MacA-Turris-Ryan

Hoffman-Zibby-Stone

Michalek-Legwand-Chiasson

Condra/Greening-Smith-Neil

I don't think Lazar can get the minutes he needs on the team this season, so he needs to go back and destroy the WHL for another season.

Alumni
Date:

If Lazar doesn't make the big team, he goes back to Edmonton.  It's a problem with his late birthday, but there's no way to get around it and have him sent to Bingo.  NHL or home to WHL.

Confident Fan
Date:

what trade are u speaking about AO? I thought they were done at least with the Forwards, they do need help on defense but so does just about every team in the NHL save a few.

One big question for me is what do they do with Lazar if he doesn't make the team, he really has done all he can do in Junior Hockey

Alumni
Date:

Chances are that the trade is still in the works with one of Chicago's scouts seen at the development camp.

Probably held up with the long holiday weekend here in the States.

Pan
Alumni
Date:

I'd rather sign Legwand than trade for Vinny. The depth cart is something else, but I think that if we start off with one more veteran solid D, we actually can compete. Teams probably want to see where they stand in at least pre-season for one of those moves.

Jedi Master
Date:

So.... Legwand, huh? Meh.

I'm going to assume this means the "big trade" fell through, and this is likely it. What you see is now what you get for the 2014/15 Sens. Yay.

Confident Fan
Date:

tell me what quantitative and qualitative mean and I'll let you know

Pan
Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:

Yawn. That's nice.

This is why we need more Russell commentary on this site.  Makes his point and it's spot on

What.  You don't like my quantitative and qualitative analysis on EVERYTHING?

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:

WHAT THE HELL! MAKE HIM CAPTAIN! I'M DRINKING THE KOOL-AID! #legwandforlife! #flipflop.

but now he's getting ridiculous

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:

Yawn. That's nice.

C3
Veteran
Date:

That butt-end in the playoffs on Gino helping with the #flipflop Russell?

«First  <  1 2 3 410  >  Last»  | Page of 10  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.