Post Info
Confident Fan
Date:
Game 70 - Stars @ Sens - Fri Mar 16, 7:30pm

Dallas isn't very good

Confident Fan
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Do we even have any set D pairings? Lol that's our first problem.

Melnyk's not the first problem

Alumni
Date:

Do we even have any set D pairings? Lol that's our first problem.

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
senior wrote:

Found it very interesting what Commodore said about the Sens not having any D system in their own end. Been complaining about that for years.

you have to wonder how a coach can rise to the level of the NHL and not have any clue about D zone systems. yet, we've had a few of them now.

It's been ridiculous 

Alumni
Date:

i used to practice that play in pick-up hockey all the time. never got it quite that smooth. 

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Nice dangle by Ryan. Spezza was impressed.

Confident Fan
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Colorado has all that draft capital and prospects coming and they are still in the playoff hunt this year. Sakic probably calls Dorian once a week to see if he can extort him for something else

They have all that draft capital and prospects because they crash and burn so often after a good year.

That's true, but I'm just talking about what Ottawa and Nashville sent them.  Plus they have that Dman they go in last years draft too

Nashville got fleeced more than anything.

Ottawa sent Bowers (depth C) and a 1st round pick for the 1st true #1 center the team has seen since mid career Spezza.

Duchene matches the age of the Ottawa core and is essentially the player that you hope that draft pick becomes.

-- Edited by Agent Orange on Friday 16th of March 2018 09:47:21 PM

Bowers as a 18 year old Freshman with Boston University a very good team with Thakchuk on it has 30 points in 36 games and by all accounts has played very well and there's still that future #1 hanging over Ottawa's head for either this year or next.

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:

Found it very interesting what Commodore said about the Sens not having any D system in their own end. Been complaining about that for years.

you have to wonder how a coach can rise to the level of the NHL and not have any clue about D zone systems. yet, we've had a few of them now.

Confident Fan
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Colorado has all that draft capital and prospects coming and they are still in the playoff hunt this year. Sakic probably calls Dorian once a week to see if he can extort him for something else

They have all that draft capital and prospects because they crash and burn so often after a good year.

That's true, but I'm just talking about what Ottawa and Nashville sent them.  Plus they have that Dman they go in last years draft too

Ottawa sent Boeser (depth C) and a 1st round pick for the 1st true #1 center the team has seen since mid career Spezza.

Duchene matches the age of the Ottawa core and is essentially the player that you hope that draft pick becomes.

Hopefully that all happens, but this guy as a leader has won zero playoff games has scored zero playoff goals and has talked himself off a team that is very good this year and back onto a team going nowhere and a complete disaster just like his team last year.

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:
Russell wrote:

and, I just heard about it again from the wife about the smell from the smoke.

Call the fire department. That would distract her for a while.

hmmmmm...at least I'd get to watch the rest of the game in peace. 

Confident Fan
Date:

senior wrote:
Russell wrote:

That sounds like a good idea

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Ottawa sent Bowers (depth C) and a 1st round pick for the 1st true #1 center the team has seen since mid career Spezza.

-- Edited by Agent Orange on Friday 16th of March 2018 09:47:21 PM

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Russell wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 9.46.06 PM.png

lol, yes there is that too

Confident Fan
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

That's true, but I'm just talking about what Ottawa and Nashville sent them.  Plus they have that Dman they got in last years draft too.  Cale Makar is supposed to be as fast as Karl and may become as dynamic supposedly

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Friday 16th of March 2018 09:46:14 PM

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 9.46.06 PM.png

Attachments
Confident Fan
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Yeah that's inches from his eye.

Plus that guy who hit him swung that stick violently, it could have easily taken out his eye even with the visor

Jedi Master
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Yeah that's inches from his eye.

cuts both above and below.  How that stick got under his visor, cut him like that and didn't hit his eye....

«First  <  1 2 3 4 58  >  Last»  | Page of 8  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.