Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

Post Info
Jedi Master
Date:
RE: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

Tardy Donasian wrote:

Listened to the podcast this morning and I can confirmed there was no talk about Tavares going on among the US or New York hockey media.

The thing with that, though... The Islanders are still absolutely in the playoff hunt, only 4 points back of the last wildcard spot right now.  There would be no reason for them to be shopping JT right now. 

Regular
Date:

Listened to the podcast this morning and I can confirmed there was no talk about Tavares going on among the US or New York hockey media.

Confident Fan
Date:

senior wrote:

I wonder if the backlash against Melnyk had anything to do with the lack of activity by the Sens. Were they nervous that angry fans would just stop coming out to games?

If there’s anyone working in their front office who is free to see Twitter or The Athletic feedback they’d sure know their fans were mad as hell and not going to take it anymore 😂

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

I wonder if the backlash against Melnyk had anything to do with the lack of activity by the Sens. Were they nervous that angry fans would just stop coming out to games?

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Hmmmm I just realized we kept Hoffman and Smith.

Good

Alumni
Date:

Email your thoughts or call the rage line....err...waiver wire. We are recording tonight!

Jedi Master
Date:

Interesting speculation today that one of the problems today was that the "stripped down" staff means there were not enough people to adequately respond to trade offers on all of the players they were interested in moving. The focus on so many offers for EK meant that they couldn't pay attention to trying to shift the others.

Alumni
Date:

Hmmmm I just realized we kept Hoffman and Smith.

Alumni
Date:

One can dream TJ.... lol. I think Orange said earlier that if Melnyk learns anything he will step aside and let Dorion do his job.

Confident Fan
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:

Looks like McPhee has gotten rid of his deal making ways post expansion draft. 1st, 2nd, and a 3rd for Tomas Tatar?! And the retention on Brassard trade?!

Good call, that does seem a way overpay

Confident Fan
Date:

senior wrote:

I'm glad they didn't "blow up" the team. I think there are enough good players here to go somewhere next year. They need to find a couple of D-men to replace Methot and Phaneuf. Anderson and Condon have to have bounce back years. And they have to find a way to strengthen the 3rd and 4th lines. The other teams 3rd and 4th lines outplayed ours alot this year. They are going to have to find a new second line centre. Ryan needs to stay healthy. I still believe Boucher is gone at the end of the season. The players can't or won't play his "system".

This is all assuming we have an Owner whose not insane or just plain stupid and willing to actually improve the team ie: spending some money to improve the team.  Those improvements u suggest will cost players and or money

Alumni
Date:

Looks like McPhee has gotten rid of his deal making ways post expansion draft. 1st, 2nd, and a 3rd for Tomas Tatar?! And the retention on Brassard trade?!

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

I'm glad they didn't "blow up" the team. I think there are enough good players here to go somewhere next year. They need to find a couple of D-men to replace Methot and Phaneuf. EK has to play like EK again. Anderson and Condon have to have bounce back years. And they have to find a way to strengthen the 3rd and 4th lines. The other teams 3rd and 4th lines outplayed ours a lot this year. They are going to have to find a new second line centre. Ryan needs to stay healthy. I still believe Boucher is gone at the end of the season. The players can't or won't play his "system". Definitely holes to fill but I don't believe this team is that far away from being a playoff team again.

-- Edited by senior on Monday 26th of February 2018 05:47:02 PM

Confident Fan
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Yeah Stasny is a good pick for an already good third line. My friends have been excited all morning while I've been depressed and shoving food in my face lol

lol.  I specifically bought stress snacks for today.

I had to work 1 Day over the last 2 weeks and it was today 😡.  Good snack talk guys!!  

Confident Fan
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Oh, we traded Nick Shore to Calgary. woohoo.

A whole 7th Rounder, why bother?

Confident Fan
Date:

Homer wrote:

Evander Kane to SJ for 

- Conditional 2019 1st-Round Pick
- Conditional 2020 4th-Round Pick
- F Dan O'Regan

tj, how do you like this one?

IF he’s resigned its a 1st, if not it’s a 2nd rounder.  It’s OK I guess they really need help up front but his performance has really fallen off after his quick start.   I think his hometown Vancouver and Sharks will be bidding on him in July

Alumni
Date:

I assume the package included us sending them Bobby Ryan so yes, I assume it would have been garbage. Karlsson is worth more than any guy/picks they'd have this year anyway.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

I'm very curious what the packages being offered actually looked like now.

If the package TB sent to NY for McDonagh and JT Miller is any indicator, they were terrible.

Now all Melnyk needs to do is issue a bunch of mea culpas, and get the heck out of the way.  When DoniB is leading a crusade for you to sell the team, you know things are bad.

Jedi Master
Date:

Dorion's press conference should be interesting.

Alumni
Date:

I don't know. I was trying to think what a contender would have to give up to still contend.

1 2 37  >  Last»  | Page of 7  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.