Pie Connoisseur
Date:
RE: Game 55 - Sens @ Pens - Tue Feb 13, 7:00

Agent Orange wrote:
Russell wrote:
Homer wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Russell or Senior or Kat or Homer break this down

From TSN.ca "The Senators traded Dion Phaneuf and Nate Thompson to the Kings on Tuesday in exchange for oft-injured Marian Gaborik and Nick Shore"

My guess is that they got Gaborik so Ryan has someone to talk to when he's injured. 

HA! 

So between the two of them we have a top-6 winger.

Ryan - bad hands

Gaborik- bad knee/groin

Where’s Viktor Frankenstein when you need him?

The Sens should just put Gaborik on the injury list for the rest of the year. During the summer they can try and trade him, buy him out, see if he retires. If they can't get rid of him, at least he should be healthy enough to possibly contribute next year. Play Shore on the 4th line for the rest of the year and see if he's worth keeping around.

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:
Homer wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

From TSN.ca "The Senators traded Dion Phaneuf and Nate Thompson to the Kings on Tuesday in exchange for oft-injured Marian Gaborik and Nick Shore"

My guess is that they got Gaborik so Ryan has someone to talk to when he's injured. 

HA! 

So between the two of them we have a top-6 winger.

Ryan - bad hands

Gaborik- bad knee/groin

Where’s Viktor Frankenstein when you need him?

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

HA! 

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

More from guys who follow Kings:

"Kings got the better end of this deal. You get a second pair D, open a spot at center where the team is the deepest, and get rid of a player who isn't good enough anymore (Gaborik) to play top six minutes and one (Shore) who doesn't fit what you want in your bottom six."

Ringing endorsements for the guys joining the Sens for sure, Second pair D is a stretch IMO

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Tuesday 13th of February 2018 10:49:08 PM

Yeah, they may want to re-evaluate that 2nd pairing thing in a few weeks. 

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Now Dion plays again for a team that is one of my favorite teams biggest rival, I go back to hating Dion all over again. Leafs and now Kings sheesh.

I never really stopped disliking his play. I liked his nastiness, but that’s about it. 

Confident Fan
Date:

Now Dion plays again for a team that is one of my favorite teams biggest rival, I go back to hating Dion all over again. Leafs and now Kings sheesh.

Confident Fan
Date:

More from guys who follow Kings:

"Kings got the better end of this deal. You get a second pair D, open a spot at center where the team is the deepest, and get rid of a player who isn't good enough anymore (Gaborik) to play top six minutes and one (Shore) who doesn't fit what you want in your bottom six."

Ringing endorsements for the guys joining the Sens for sure, Second pair D is a stretch IMO

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Tuesday 13th of February 2018 10:49:08 PM

Alumni
Date:

Plus Dion gone means no more NMC for the upcoming Seattle expansion draft. Key with Karlsson, Chabot, and Ceci/trade target/Jaros.

Confident Fan
Date:

Phaneuf will play against the Penguins as a member of the Kings on Thursday. "My equipment is staying here and I am too," he told reporters #Senators

I think this is pretty funny for some reason.

Confident Fan
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:
Russell wrote:
senior wrote:

So Phaneuf didn't want to leave so we ended losing Methot. Now they are both gone and we still have 25% of Phaneufs salary. I'm going back to curling.

pretty much, yep.

but you can still blame melnyk for insisting we keep ceci and wideman over methot. all about the $$$$.

Ceci was protected, not Wideman.  And yes you protect Ceci over Methot 10 times out of 10.

Probably means Ceci will be traded, but I think especially now with Dion gone Ceci is in Ottawa's long range plans. 

Confident Fan
Date:

senior wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:
Russell wrote:
senior wrote:

So Phaneuf didn't want to leave so we ended losing Methot. Now they are both gone and we still have 25% of Phaneufs salary. I'm going back to curling.

pretty much, yep.

but you can still blame melnyk for insisting we keep ceci and wideman over methot. all about the $$$$.

Ceci was protected, not Wideman.  And yes you protect Ceci over Methot 10 times out of 10.

I still blame Phaneuf for not waiving his no trade clause. I don't think Vegas would have touched him.

that was a certainty, Dion didn't waive because he didn't want to be embarrassed that not even an expansion team would touch him.  It was a pride thing I'd bet.

Confident Fan
Date:

"Gaborik gave them more from the stands than on ice. Addition by subtraction."

This from a LA guy who covers the Kings about Marion, he's certainly a buyout candidate

But, he'll certainly fit in to this years team with that ringing endorsement.  Maybe he can drive a tank??

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Tuesday 13th of February 2018 10:19:51 PM

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

At least the Canadian men won their curling game.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:
Russell wrote:
senior wrote:

pretty much, yep.

I still blame Phaneuf for not waiving his no trade clause. I don't think Vegas would have touched him.

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:
Russell wrote:
senior wrote:

pretty much, yep.

I don't think Wideman was protected. It was protect Ceci or Methot.

i could be wrong there. but ceci makes it bad enough.

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:
senior wrote:

pretty much, yep.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Russell wrote:
senior wrote:

pretty much, yep.

I don't think Wideman was protected. It was protect Ceci or Methot.

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:

pretty much, yep.

Jedi Master
Date:

senior wrote:

Yep.  It's kind of like pouring salt in the wound, isn't it?

1 2 35  >  Last»  | Page of 5  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.