Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: The Winter Olympics Thread

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: The Winter Olympics Thread

Same here. Good for them. Had no expectations so having them medal is still good.

Jedi Master
Date:

Bronze for the Men's hockey team. I'm actually quite proud of them considering everything.

Alumni
Date:

As far as our 'for sure' sports I usually enjoy watching this olympics was a disaster. I don't want to take away from Lawes/Morris' curling gold though so.. at least there's that. Not even medalling in women or men's curling sucks though.

Alumni
Date:

The women lost gold and our curling teams lost too. Truly a terrible day. I hate deciding gold medal games by shoot outs. Thr juniors are just as bad for that.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Women lose to US in ****out. Like Sens losing to lafs in stanly cup. Mens curling team lose to US. And I wonder why my system's off today.

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:

Predicting 3-2 Canada women. Duchene winner. 

Alumni
Date:

Predicting 3-2 Canada women. Duchene winner. 

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Women's hockey wasn't a thing until I was 14 or 15. At that time, those of us (in our city at least) who were good athletes stayed in ringette because our hockey skills were atrocious, so I think now that women can grow up playing hockey from the start, the speed/skills are way better and I enjoy watching.

Yep, pretty crazy isn't it?  To think that when we were kids, girls just couldn't play hockey.

Back in 1990, I went to the gold medal game of the 1st Women's World Championships with my dad. 

That was the year they wore those pink uniforms. 

https://www.hhof.com/htmlSpotlight/spot_oneononeTmCanWo90.shtml

The game has definitely evolved since then. 

Jedi Master
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Women's hockey wasn't a thing until I was 14 or 15. At that time, those of us (in our city at least) who were good athletes stayed in ringette because our hockey skills were atrocious, so I think now that women can grow up playing hockey from the start, the speed/skills are way better and I enjoy watching.

Yep, pretty crazy isn't it?  To think that when we were kids, girls just couldn't play hockey.

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

The thing I noticed about the women's hockey tonight is how much faster it is now than a few years back. Their skating has gotten crazy good. 

Alumni
Date:

Yeah, that shot by Homan was.... unfortunate. Not worried yet though.. Lawes/Morris lost their first game too. Now watching women's hockey. Has anyone noticed all our Olympic hockey commercials have been for the women's team? Lol

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Canadian lady curlers are going to lose their first game. Bummer.

Alumni
Date:

Men's hockey shaping up to be the sh*t show we thought it wpuld be with Slovakia beating OAR (Russia) and Slovenia beating the USA.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

SensKat wrote:

2 person luge is weird.

Yes. They can get rid of that.

Jedi Master
Date:

2 person luge is weird.

Alumni
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

That was more like it. Congrats to them! Tonight the men start. 😁

TWSS

Jedi Master
Date:

10 medals so far, I believe? Not bad, all things considered!

Alumni
Date:

That was more like it. Congrats to them! Tonight the men start. 😁

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

They did it! Congratulations Kaitlyn Lawes and John Morris.

1 2  >  Last»  | Page of 2  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.