Members Login

Topic: General Sens stuff.

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: General Sens stuff.

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Apparrently Rangers, Knights, Islanders, Kings and Lightning interested in Karlsson. All those teams make me want to cut myself. ...also apparently we offered Karlsson 80 mil for 8 years?

Offer is disengenuous though.  Based on how things have played out the team seems to have been notified for months that he is not re-signing here with Eugene at the helm.

I just want them to trade him to Tampa now to perpetually block the Leafs from the Cup.

Alumni
Date:

Apparrently Rangers, Knights, Islanders, Kings and Lightning interested in Karlsson. All those teams make me want to cut myself. ...also apparently we offered Karlsson 80 mil for 8 years?

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

How about u guys who live there, are you even considering going to any games this season? It sure sounds like Pan and Canuck aren't planning on going especially if Karlsson is gone.

not while euge is there. 

Confident Fan
Date:

Interesting trade rumor, Colorado sends Ottawa back it's #1 andd it's #4 overall pick last year the young exciting Dman Makar for Karlsson

I'd do it just to be done with this, then they can tank with impunity and you get a guy back who could be close to Karlsson down the road a few years. I'm not sure Sakic would do this because he's smart and gets what he wants out of a deal unlike the current GM in Ottawa. This is all sickening but this isn't bad

Confident Fan
Date:

How about u guys who live there, are you even considering going to any games this season? It sure sounds like Pan and Canuck aren't planning on going especially if Karlsson is gone.

Confident Fan
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:

I'm just happy that the team is operating on radio silence, and is hopefully locked down from doing anything by the ongoing negotiations to purchase the team.

Just too much smoke now.

1)  Team makes the bizarre Trumpesque refinancing announcement.  Keywords:  Six Year Senior Term Agreement

2)  Pagnotta of T4P breaks that an offer was made for the team and even gets Daly to acknowledge it.  Which Eugene and his puppets immediately denounce.

3)  Then the piece in the Athletic that confirms that the $135M refinancing is in addition to the $100M (maxed out) loan from the NHL, pushing the debt to value ratio very close to the point where the league needs to step in and seize the franchise (see what almost happened to the Devils).

4) The Alfie comments on needing new ownership where he became miraculously became naive enough to believe that anything is off the record, the fact that the Desmarais family just happens to own several sports friendly banking institutions and were rumored to buying up the team's debt, the Greenbergs IPO (Thanks Pan)... etc.

Looks like brinkmanship to me and that the monetary value of the offer is directly tied to what is left of the team at purchase.

Good stuff above, something has got to give with Melnyk soon or there will be just crickets at that arena.  The refi is a huge red flag and now the banks will be controlling the spending and that means the on ice product craters.  What happens with Stone and Karlsson will be telling and we'll know by October.  This is super sad stuff if he doesn't sell

Alumni
Date:

I'm just happy that the team is operating on radio silence, and is hopefully locked down from doing anything by the ongoing negotiations to purchase the team.

Just too much smoke now.

1)  Team makes the bizarre Trumpesque refinancing announcement.  Keywords:  Six Year Senior Term Agreement

2)  Pagnotta of T4P breaks that an offer was made for the team and even gets Daly to acknowledge it.  Which Eugene and his puppets immediately denounce.

3)  Then the piece in the Athletic that confirms that the $135M refinancing is in addition to the $100M (maxed out) loan from the NHL, pushing the debt to value ratio very close to the point where the league needs to step in and seize the franchise (see what almost happened to the Devils).

4) The Alfie comments on needing new ownership where he became miraculously became naive enough to believe that anything is off the record, the fact that the Desmarais family just happens to own several sports friendly banking institutions and were rumored to buying up the team's debt, the Greenbergs IPO (Thanks Pan)... etc.

Looks like brinkmanship to me and that the monetary value of the offer is directly tied to what is left of the team at purchase.

Confident Fan
Date:

Bob McKenzie says things are heating up for a Karlsson trade, I still hold out hope he stays with Ottawa. BUT they'll be lucky to match what they gave up to get Duchene. A 1st line Center, a current #1 pick and a Lottery pick in a very good draft with a chance at another super talented Center in Jack Hughes. If Dorian gets anything close to this for Karlsson he'd have to do it. He did this for a guy he then has to turn around and pay 7-8M a year for 7 or 8 years for moving forward. What happens with Stone too?

Confident Fan
Date:

When are the Sens going to be able to compete with Toronto Boston or TampaBay? Much less Florida

All this without their #1 pick and still stuck with #MelnykOut and an Asst GM who is up on charges, trying to sign or trade their best player of all time.....

Thank God Seattle is getting ready to have an expansion team and now a Finals run is closer here without a current team than Ottawa will have

Confident Fan
Date:

It's getting worse for Ottawa and Sharks,  Tavares chooses his hometown and where he lives Toronto. Son of _____!!!

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Sunday 1st of July 2018 01:28:11 PM

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:
ShanghaiSenator wrote:

I wish my former employers would pay me not to work for them. That would be sweet!

Bobby Bonilla is being paid 1.1 million a year by the New York Mets until 2035. Bonilla stopped playing in 1999. He will be 73 years old when his contract expires.

good work, if you can get it.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

ShanghaiSenator wrote:

I wish my former employers would pay me not to work for them. That would be sweet!

Bobby Bonilla is being paid 1.1 million a year by the New York Mets until 2035. Bonilla stopped playing in 1999. He will be 73 years old when his contract expires.

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:

Burrows placed on waivers for purpose of buyout.

Burrows places on waivers for purpose of SUCK!

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:

Culture change and a money saving move?  A Melnyk special!

$833k + $750k ELC < $2.5M

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Well with Tkachuk, White and some of our other young talent maybe we can make something of this bunch.

exactly Spezzial, Pierre McGuire comes on with TGOR every morning here of late saying that.  Tkachuk backed off a bit about going back to college but no need to rush him unless they absolutley know he's ready to contribute.

Alumni
Date:

Well with Tkachuk, White and some of our other young talent maybe we can make something of this bunch.

Confident Fan
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Ray Ferraro on Vancouver radio before the draft said about Tkachuck, better than his brother and more like his Dad. His Dad scored 50 twice I think. Great hands and knows how to play w other very good players. Will score a bunch for a long time. Really liked him and really liked Zadina but didn't say which he preferred over the other.
I'm trying to stay optimistic, I really don't like them reaching for that Dman with the 2nd pick in 1st Round.

Tkachuk's brother compared him to Jamie Benn. I'd take that. 

Thachuk went 5th and Benn 5th Round, I agree if he's like Benn that's awesome.  All those Twitter scouts I wonder if they were praising Dallas about the literal steal they got that year on Benn??

4th-5th it's all the same....

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Ray Ferraro on Vancouver radio before the draft said about Tkachuck, better than his brother and more like his Dad. His Dad scored 50 twice I think. Great hands and knows how to play w other very good players. Will score a bunch for a long time. Really liked him and really liked Zadina but didn't say which he preferred over the other.
I'm trying to stay optimistic, I really don't like them reaching for that Dman with the 2nd pick in 1st Round.

Tkachuk's brother compared him to Jamie Benn. I'd take that. 

Thachuk went 5th and Benn 5th Round, I agree if he's like Benn that's awesome.  All those Twitter scouts I wonder if they were praising Dallas about the literal steal they got that year on Benn??

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 620  >  Last»  | Page of 20  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.