Members Login

Topic: General Sens stuff.

Post Info
Confident Fan
Date:
RE: General Sens stuff.

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

When I thought about this last night the most shocking revelation was... we still have Bobby Ryan in all this? I thought that was the reason we were moving Erik in the first place.

Spezzial, there's a mandated floor on what you have to spend I believe it's 60M per team or thereabouts.  They can't do like MLB teams and cut the salary to whatever they want.  No doubt this bumbling [email protected]@stard would be around 15-20M in salaries if it wasn't mandated by the CBA.

Alumni
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:
ShanghaiSenator wrote:

Melnyk is a modern-day Harold Ballard. 

Hey at least they don’t have any child molesters on company property...  anymore, allegedly.  blankstare

That's cold comfort but beggars can't be choosers! ha ha!

Alumni
Date:

ShanghaiSenator wrote:

Hey at least they don’t have any child molesters on company property...  anymore, allegedly.  blankstare

Alumni
Date:

When I thought about this last night the most shocking revelation was... we still have Bobby Ryan in all this? I thought that was the reason we were moving Erik in the first place.

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

The guys in Vancouver were reporting when I first heard this might be happening were including Tomas Hertl and Ryan Merkley SJ's #1 pick this year and basically their No.1 prospect in the package. In not getting either of these guys is beyond criminal, I have no idea what kinda rebuild they are doing UNLESS they are looking for overall top 1-5 picks for the foreseeable future except of course for this coming June's draft. Ugh!!!! That Duchene go for it all trade just made 10 months ago.

If he had to go anywhere I'm extremely happy it's the Sharks, BUT you HAD to get a great to good haul back in return not the junk they got for the best Dman in the league. Tierney is a very good 3rd line Center and the #1 pick of the Sharks Norris was I guess OK in his Freshman season w Michigan and Jack Hughes brother Quinn Hughes of the Canucks. I guess there's a pick in the late 20's overall down the pike from SJ in 2020 which is supposed to be loaded w talent. But my gosh what a weak haul for the best player in Ottawa's history. DougWilson pulls off another JoeThornton fleecing if he resigns Karlsson I heard out of commentators in Canada.

Hopefully the building is dang near empty all season and it really hits the moronic idiot who owns this team, on the hate meter which I was usually joking about when it came to other teams but I really hate this owner and cringe whenever I see or hear him, he's completely destroyed a franchise both on the ice and in the business offices too. It's totally sad.

Dorion got exactly what euge wanted: no salary. If he took back a good player, they'd have to pay him. That is not what "the plan" is about. 

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

My little icon picture to the left is Turris and Karlsson I guess I'll have to change that if I stay a fan

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Thursday 13th of September 2018 11:38:37 PM

Here's one.  A very generic Belleville Senators one.

img_7351_1200_864_70.jpg

Confident Fan
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Essentially Erik Karlsson joins the San Jose Sharks. The Ottawa Senators join the AHL.

Without their own #1 pick, you can't rebuild properly without your own #1 pick.  Someone pass this along to Eugene

Confident Fan
Date:

My little icon picture to the left is Turris and Karlsson I guess I'll have to change that if I stay a fan

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Thursday 13th of September 2018 11:38:37 PM

Confident Fan
Date:

The guys in Vancouver were reporting when I first heard this might be happening were including Tomas Hertl and Ryan Merkley SJ's #1 pick this year and basically their No.1 prospect in the package. In not getting either of these guys is beyond criminal, I have no idea what kinda rebuild they are doing UNLESS they are looking for overall top 1-5 picks for the foreseeable future except of course for this coming June's draft. Ugh!!!! That Duchene go for it all trade just made 10 months ago.

If he had to go anywhere I'm extremely happy it's the Sharks, BUT you HAD to get a great to good haul back in return not the junk they got for the best Dman in the league. Tierney is a very good 3rd line Center and the #1 pick of the Sharks Norris was I guess OK in his Freshman season w Michigan and Jack Hughes brother Quinn Hughes of the Canucks. I guess there's a pick in the late 20's overall down the pike from SJ in 2020 which is supposed to be loaded w talent. But my gosh what a weak haul for the best player in Ottawa's history. DougWilson pulls off another JoeThornton fleecing if he resigns Karlsson I heard out of commentators in Canada.

Hopefully the building is dang near empty all season and it really hits the moronic idiot who owns this team, on the hate meter which I was usually joking about when it came to other teams but I really hate this owner and cringe whenever I see or hear him, he's completely destroyed a franchise both on the ice and in the business offices too. It's totally sad.

Alumni
Date:

I can't even believe out of all of this 'rebuilding' we still have Boucher. Melnyk: No no.. it's the 'team' that's wrong....

Alumni
Date:

Essentially Erik Karlsson joins the San Jose Sharks. The Ottawa Senators join the AHL.

Alumni
Date:

ShanghaiSenator wrote:

Just change the name of this team to "Expos" because that is exactly what they have become. Instead of making trades to improve the team, they are making moves to lower the payroll and I am sick of it. 

If Eugene really is a billionaire, why would he mind losing $10 million a season on owning this team? Professional sports team owners are not in it to make a profit; it is for their egos. It's a rich man's toy and nothing else.

At the rate we're going, there won't even be NHL hockey in Ottawa in a few years.

Crap, crap, crap. I am going to throw my support behind my girlfriend team, the Jets, this coming season because Ottawa and Winnipeg are moving in completely opposite directions.

Exit...Stage Left

I'm Losing It.

Alumni
Date:

ShanghaiSenator wrote:

Just change the name of this team to "Expos" because that is exactly what they have become. Instead of making trades to improve the team, they are making moves to lower the payroll and I am sick of it. 

If Eugene really is a billionaire, why would he mind losing $10 million a season on owning this team? Professional sports team owners are not in it to make a profit; it is for their egos. It's a rich man's toy and nothing else.

At the rate we're going, there won't even be NHL hockey in Ottawa in a few years.

Crap, crap, crap. I am going to throw my support behind my girlfriend team, the Jets, this coming season because Ottawa and Winnipeg are moving in completely opposite directions.

Exit...Stage Left

euge isn't a billionaire anymore. he lost a lot of his money a few years back. 

we won't lose the team. buttman knows what's happening here and is likely not very happy with it. He'd force euge to sell before he let him move it.

i hope....

Alumni
Date:

https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/bungling-of-karlsson-trade-a-sign-all-hope-is-lost-until-senators-are-sold

Alumni
Date:

Exit...Stage Left

Alumni
Date:

So the payments for the Senior Term Debt loan refinancing have to be coming up soon.

Can the fans drive revenues low enough to make him default with low cash flow? That would mean the lenders (cough Powercorp, Desmarais family cough) would have first dibs on the assets.

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:

read it and weep.

Are you not entertained?!  Look at that rebuild go!  It went straight to plaid! 

And Griz and Gabs on IR, so that’s an additional $7.3 million saved at a $9.45M cap hit to put towards the floor.

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:

read it and weep.

Salary cap is $70.8M

Includes Griz on the IR at $4.65M (comes off the cap at season start?), Phaneuf retained salary at $1.75M and Burrows buyout at $2.5M

That's a total of $8.9M for players who won't play for the Sens next year. Griz, not his fault and might be covered by insurance.

Alumni
Date:

read it and weep.

Attachments

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 628  >  Last»  | Page of 28  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.