Members Login

Topic: General Sens stuff.

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: General Sens stuff.

Haha the irony would be sending Methot and Spezza back. ...that would cheer me up a bit actually.

Alumni
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

It's really hard to talk hockey. Everyone in Canada knows Sens are blowing up and it sucks. For me I felt the same when Spezza left but it's so much worse because no one is ever going to want to play here. My only hope is being at our lowest we can only go up from here right? It almost feels like a terrible break-up and trying to put a good face on it isn't working. Just please Erik, anywhere but Vegas.

Hey, cheer up. We might end up with Jezza back here again!

Alumni
Date:

It's really hard to talk hockey. Everyone in Canada knows Sens are blowing up and it sucks. For me I felt the same when Spezza left but it's so much worse because no one is ever going to want to play here. My only hope is being at our lowest we can only go up from here right? It almost feels like a terrible break-up and trying to put a good face on it isn't working. Just please Erik, anywhere but Vegas.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:

However, I'll throw this out there. It won't be popular, but sometimes things work out in a crazy way.

If the sens are about to embarks on a full on re-build, in a situation where its pretty much impossible to convince players to come to the team, then maybe there's no point in EK65 being here anyways? Why spend 12 million on one player, even Erik, when there won't be anything around him to help him win? Maybe, just maybe, the haul of players we hope to get for him will be better for the long term health of the team then just Erik can be?

Of course, with the wildcard of the Euge in play, all bets are off. You just never know what he'll tell Dorion to do. 

That Lottery pick is a killer, just a killer. Supposedly Sakic wouldn't even consider trading that back to Ottawa for Karlsson.  Rebuild without your #1 is just awful, that's why Dorian took back Boedker he wants to win this coming season.  

Your right about Euge, he's the wildcard and every Joker in every deck of cards in Canada.

If the sens were able to finish, say, 24th or above, and that pick ended up being out of the top 5, it wouldn't sting so much. 

You been listening to Pierre McGuire in the morning again, huh?  He's the ONLY guy anywhere that doesn't think this is a total tire fire of epic proportions.  Tampa Dallas and Vegas all have 1 top prospect each and from what Twitter says none of the 3 are willing to include that guy in the proposal to Dorian.  If Dorian settles for less than what Sakic extorted from Dorian he's a total idiot.  We already know the owner is worse than a total idiot.

Oh, it’s a tire fire. Don’t get me wrong. But, if handled right, if could turn out somewhat ok. 

Image result for Springfield tire fire

Alumni
Date:

This whole thing feels orchestrated with an "agreed upon exit plan".

Months ago the Sens likely knew that EK wasn't signing an extension.  Don't think it's got anything to do with money, it's Melnyk.

JT and DD both get $11M, but Sens offer $10M. They could have matched $11M.  As tj said, $8M over eight years shouldn't be a deal breaker.  I'm not convinced that EK would have accepted an $11M or even $12M deal.  If a bit more money would have made a difference, a counter offer and normal negations would have taken place.  Not come out less than a day later and tell every other team that they can talk to EK and negotiate a deal. 

If the Sens had offered $12M and EK turns it down, it makes EK look like the bad guy. If they had done that, then EK might have come out swinging and say exactly why he's turning down $12M. So the Sens offer a bit less and both sides "try" to save face and try to make best of a bad situation.

Yet again the Sens are dealing from a position of weakness, especially if they try to package Ryan in.  It's kind of messed up that EK alone will get you w, x, y, and z.  EK + BFR will only get you x, y and z.   

With other rumours of the team getting sold, you'd have to think that a team with EK is worth more than a team without.  Is that the only way that EK stays is if the team gets sold and he gets a chance to talk to the new owners?

Either way, I just want it over with, I'm so done with this past season and yet another broken dressing room/team.

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Dallas has moved to the front of the rumor mill and one of the guys the mill says Ottawa gets in return is a young Finnish Dman names Julius Honka who has played 58 NHL games a whole 9 points and a sparkling -5 as one of the center pieces of the trade. Dorian and Melnyk can't go away fast enough

"If we don't make a trade, he walks as a UFA and we get nothing. So let's trade him for next to nothing right now." 

I don't understand the logic in that. 

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:

However, I'll throw this out there. It won't be popular, but sometimes things work out in a crazy way.

If the sens are about to embarks on a full on re-build, in a situation where its pretty much impossible to convince players to come to the team, then maybe there's no point in EK65 being here anyways? Why spend 12 million on one player, even Erik, when there won't be anything around him to help him win? Maybe, just maybe, the haul of players we hope to get for him will be better for the long term health of the team then just Erik can be?

Of course, with the wildcard of the Euge in play, all bets are off. You just never know what he'll tell Dorion to do. 

That Lottery pick is a killer, just a killer. Supposedly Sakic wouldn't even consider trading that back to Ottawa for Karlsson.  Rebuild without your #1 is just awful, that's why Dorian took back Boedker he wants to win this coming season.  

Your right about Euge, he's the wildcard and every Joker in every deck of cards in Canada.

If the sens were able to finish, say, 24th or above, and that pick ended up being out of the top 5, it wouldn't sting so much. 

You been listening to Pierre McGuire in the morning again, huh?  He's the ONLY guy anywhere that doesn't think this is a total tire fire of epic proportions.  Tampa Dallas and Vegas all have 1 top prospect each and from what Twitter says none of the 3 are willing to include that guy in the proposal to Dorian.  If Dorian settles for less than what Sakic extorted from Dorian he's a total idiot.  We already know the owner is worse than a total idiot.

Oh, it’s a tire fire. Don’t get me wrong. But, if handled right, if could turn out somewhat ok. 

Alumni
Date:

The team has a fairly good prospect pool with most of the players 2 years away from being full time NHLers. A full blown rebuild is not needed, but a retool ala Boston. Karlsson is gone no matter what with this ownership, so take the best deal possible.

If Vegas is serious about Theodore-Tuch-Suzuki-2019 1st-Highest 2019 2nd for Karlsson and Ryan then you take that instead of holding out for Glass. That makes the team competitive enough to not be a lottery team next season and frees up the necessary salary for Duchene and Stone to re-sign.

Dzingel - Duchene - Tuch
White - Pageau - Stone
Boedker - Smith - Gabs
Paajarvi -Pyatt - McCormick

Theodore - Ceci
Chabot - Jaros
Boro - Wideman

I kind of want the Columbus rumor to have legs because I have a bit of a soft spot for those guys. An ideal offer (they aren't dealing Jones, Werenski, or Wennberg) would be: Savard (RD) - Jenner (LW/RFA)- Carlsson (LD 2015 1st) - 2019 1st - 2020 2nd for Karlsson - Boedker

Dzingel - Duchene - Ryan
Jenner - Pageau - Stone
Smith - White - Gabs
Paajarvi - Pyatt - McCormick

Chabot - Savard
XXX - Ceci
Boro - Wideman

Middle of the road teams, but flexible enough moving forward.

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:

Alumni
Date:

If the sens are about to embark on a full on re-build, in a situation where its pretty much impossible to convince players to come to the team, then maybe there's no point in EK65 being here anyways? Why spend 12 million on one player, even Erik, when there won't be anything around him to help him win? Maybe, just maybe, the haul of players we hope to get for him will be better for the long term health of the team then just Erik can be?

-- Edited by Russell on Wednesday 4th of July 2018 12:34:39 AM

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Apparrently Rangers, Knights, Islanders, Kings and Lightning interested in Karlsson. All those teams make me want to cut myself. ...also apparently we offered Karlsson 80 mil for 8 years?

So Doughty got 11 per year and Tavares got 11 per year and if u really want Karlsson to stay up your offer 1 to 1.5M per year and if it's only money he would probably accept that.  You can't let your face of the Franchise go for a total of 8 to 12M dollars over 8 years.  In the world of professional sports that's nothing.  I'm sick like you Spezzial over this, it's mind boggling to let this great player walk out the door like this. As we all know they NEVER get maximum value out of any trade any more they suck at making trades.  They haven't made a good one since they got Turris.  I'm sure if that's wrong someone will let me know.

They are doing a podcast soon maybe tonight or tomorrow I read on Twitter.  Russell join the fun and talk about this with them

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Tuesday 3rd of July 2018 09:15:11 PM

no can do, but it would be fun.

btw, arguably, we won the Duchene-Turris deal. I know you'll love to hear that. 

the Jack Hughes sweepstakes says no F'ing way, that draft pick is going to be the bane of all Senator fans existence this whole season if they finish as bad as it looks like.  Duchene was one of the reasons the Senators were so bad this year they did finish 30th in a 31 team league I believe. He was just plain awful for months when he arrived.  Or you just put that up there to get me going  

He did have a slow start but he was their best forward the last couple of months. And, he did it with the team in turmoil. Got to give that to him. He was much better than Turris was with Nashville. As for the draft pick, we'll have to see how that plays out. 

However, that all depends on whether they can re-sign him. If they can't, then it was another colossal f* up. 

-- Edited by Russell on Tuesday 3rd of July 2018 11:44:14 PM

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Apparrently Rangers, Knights, Islanders, Kings and Lightning interested in Karlsson. All those teams make me want to cut myself. ...also apparently we offered Karlsson 80 mil for 8 years?

So Doughty got 11 per year and Tavares got 11 per year and if u really want Karlsson to stay up your offer 1 to 1.5M per year and if it's only money he would probably accept that.  You can't let your face of the Franchise go for a total of 8 to 12M dollars over 8 years.  In the world of professional sports that's nothing.  I'm sick like you Spezzial over this, it's mind boggling to let this great player walk out the door like this. As we all know they NEVER get maximum value out of any trade any more they suck at making trades.  They haven't made a good one since they got Turris.  I'm sure if that's wrong someone will let me know.

They are doing a podcast soon maybe tonight or tomorrow I read on Twitter.  Russell join the fun and talk about this with them

the Jack Hughes sweepstakes says no F'ing way, that draft pick is going to be the bane of all Senator fans existence this whole season if they finish as bad as it looks like.  Duchene was one of the reasons the Senators were so bad this year they did finish 30th in a 31 team league I believe. He was just plain awful for months when he arrived.  Or you just put that up there to get me going  

He did have a slow start but he was their best forward the last couple of months. And, he did it with the team in turmoil. Got to give that to him. He was much better than Turris was with Nashville. As for the draft pick, we'll have to see how that plays out. 

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Confident Fan
Date:

I just noticed my picture with EK and Turris in it from a goal they scored in SanJose, that's going to have to go too

Confident Fan
Date:

Dallas has moved to the front of the rumor mill and one of the guys the mill says Ottawa gets in return is a young Finnish Dman names Julius Honka who has played 58 NHL games a whole 9 points and a sparkling -5 as one of the center pieces of the trade. Dorian and Melnyk can't go away fast enough

Confident Fan
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Who'd podcasting? Our guys?

Yes, boy Twitter and Karlsson is so so so sad.  The offers sound like dog crap and you have other fans from other teams jumping in saying Ottawa isn't getting much back yadda yadda yadda it's sickening.

My guess is the best the thing the fans could do is not show up and cost that jack a$$ more money and embarrassment.  Now this Melnyk creep is one guy who I do truly don't like even a little bit.

Alumni
Date:

Who'd podcasting? Our guys?

«First  <  1 2 3 4 520  >  Last»  | Page of 20  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.