Members Login

Topic: General Sens stuff.

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: General Sens stuff.

senior wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:

From a usually reliable message board source with deal breaking success in his past:

“Basically Melnyk gave the green light to PD to negotiate a deal just for Karlsson. They agreed with Tampa late yesterday on a deal that would send 2 NHLers plus two prospects (no picks) to Ottawa and info went out that the deal was done. Then Melnyk changed his mind and went back to wanting to attach Ryan, PD had to go back to Tampa and say no deal, Tampa got pissed and retracted their offer and playing hard ball now.”

What in the actual....bleh

He retracted it, but the Millard statement about moving goal posts leads me to believe that this deal is royally Melnyked.

-- Edited by Agent Orange on Friday 6th of July 2018 06:56:54 PM

Tampa Bay has no cap space. Ryan will not be going to TB.

Melnyked. That's a keeper.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:

From a usually reliable message board source with deal breaking success in his past:

“Basically Melnyk gave the green light to PD to negotiate a deal just for Karlsson. They agreed with Tampa late yesterday on a deal that would send 2 NHLers plus two prospects (no picks) to Ottawa and info went out that the deal was done. Then Melnyk changed his mind and went back to wanting to attach Ryan, PD had to go back to Tampa and say no deal, Tampa got pissed and retracted their offer and playing hard ball now.”

He retracted it, but the Millard statement about moving goal posts leads me to believe that this deal is royally Melnyked.

Tampa Bay has no cap space. Ryan will not be going to TB.

Alumni
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:

I don't doubt it. They should try to move Ryan separately or buy out his contract. Trying to package EK with an overpaid injury-prone player like Ryan will make hammering out a deal too difficult. 

What will we get in return for Ryan anyway? Most likely some other team's bad contract that they're desperate to unload and we'll be back where we started. 

Pie Connoisseur
Date:
Alumni
Date:

i am just about to post the boobies and kittens video. Its come to that!

Jedi Master
Date:
Alumni
Date:

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Senatorus Fanious Torontonus Livius wrote:

Aaannddd.......Burrows retires.....

https://www.tsn.ca/burrows-announces-retirement-from-nhl-1.1132686

Good decision. He had nothing left.

Veteran
Date:

Aaannddd.......Burrows retires.....

https://www.tsn.ca/burrows-announces-retirement-from-nhl-1.1132686

Alumni
Date:

Anybody laughing at the irony that the conspiracy theory is that the league rejected the trade ala Bettman nixing the Plekanec/Pacioretty, Price, Subban deal for Lecavalier because of the Barrie/Kroules ownership spat?

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:
senior wrote:
Russell wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:

Eventual trade with TB:

Karlsson signed at 8x$11.5M (Ottawa retains 20%)
2019 3rd round pick

For

Callahan
Conacher
Gabriel Dumont
2027 5th

and a box of cats. 

And 2 hard boiled eggs.

Honk!

Make that 3 hard boiled eggs! 

Alumni
Date:

Simmer with the trade call breaking news...

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:
Russell wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:

Eventual trade with TB:

2019 3rd round pick

For

Callahan
Conacher
Gabriel Dumont
2027 5th

and a box of cats. 

And 2 hard boiled eggs.

Honk!

Jedi Master
Date:

I just want it over with at this point. I don't even care any more. Just trade him so I can be done with wondering.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Russell wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:

Eventual trade with TB:

2019 3rd round pick

For

Callahan
Conacher
Gabriel Dumont
2027 5th

and a box of cats. 

And 2 hard boiled eggs.

Alumni
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:

Eventual trade with TB:

2019 3rd round pick

For

Callahan
Conacher
Gabriel Dumont
2027 5th

and a box of cats. 

Alumni
Date:

Eventual trade with TB:

2019 3rd round pick

For

Callahan
Conacher
Gabriel Dumont
2027 5th

Alumni
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

It's really hard to talk hockey. Everyone in Canada knows Sens are blowing up and it sucks. For me I felt the same when Spezza left but it's so much worse because no one is ever going to want to play here. My only hope is being at our lowest we can only go up from here right? It almost feels like a terrible break-up and trying to put a good face on it isn't working. Just please Erik, anywhere but Vegas.

That's another thing, if EK wants out of here and seems like every few years there are big problems in the dressing room what free agent will want to sign here?  Probably worse now as the problems all point to Melnyk. The only FA who'll sign here are players who couldn't find another team to sign with and don't want to go to Europe. 

Alumni
Date:

Haha the irony would be sending Methot and Spezza back. ...that would cheer me up a bit actually.

Alumni
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

It's really hard to talk hockey. Everyone in Canada knows Sens are blowing up and it sucks. For me I felt the same when Spezza left but it's so much worse because no one is ever going to want to play here. My only hope is being at our lowest we can only go up from here right? It almost feels like a terrible break-up and trying to put a good face on it isn't working. Just please Erik, anywhere but Vegas.

Hey, cheer up. We might end up with Jezza back here again!

«First  <  1 2 3 420  >  Last»  | Page of 20  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.