Date:
General Sens stuff.

Russell wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:
senior wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Andrew Collins
‏ @ACollinsPhoto

Friends and first responders have identified victim in early morning drowning at the Hamilton Harbour as former @NHL goalie Ray Emery. Ray played the @ottawasenators, @NHLBlackhawks, @AnaheimDucks and the @NHLFlyers. He was swimming with several friends & never surfaced #HamOnt

So sad if this is true....

Crap. Unfortunately is true.

Wow that is sad. He was also only 35, geez.

The hours and hours of we spent on him during the podcast. What a rollercoaster of a life he lived, all the highs and lows. Very sad end. 

So now, sadly,  I know how my Ray Emery movie ends.

-- Edited by senior on Sunday 15th of July 2018 11:14:06 PM

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Good article by Ian Mendes about Emery's time in Ottawa.

https://www.tsn.ca/remembering-ray-emery-1.1139684

Alumni
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:
senior wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Andrew Collins
‏ @ACollinsPhoto

Friends and first responders have identified victim in early morning drowning at the Hamilton Harbour as former @NHL goalie Ray Emery. Ray played the @ottawasenators, @NHLBlackhawks, @AnaheimDucks and the @NHLFlyers. He was swimming with several friends & never surfaced #HamOnt

The hours and hours of we spent on him during the podcast. What a rollercoaster of a life he lived, all the highs and lows. Very sad end. 

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Andrew Collins
‏ @ACollinsPhoto

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Andrew Collins
‏ @ACollinsPhoto

Jedi Master
Date:

Andrew Collins
‏ @ACollinsPhoto

Confident Fan
Date:

senior wrote:

Bolts sign Kucherov for 9.5 million a year. No way they can afford to sign EK.

They actually have this weird thing that no one in Ottawa front office or Ownership would know anything about.  A PLAN!!  They knew they were signing him and know exactly what they are going to do if they trade for Karlsson.  Yzerman actually knows what he is doing most of the time.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Bolts sign Kucherov for 9.5 million a year. No way they can afford to sign EK.

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Sometimes you love something too much to give away. I think in a weird way maybe having the Senators reminds Mel of his former glory and selling it would be like he's giving up on life or something. Also Mark Stone filed for salary arbritation. ...yay

For Stone is this going to be one of those one or two year arbitration deals then UFA?

depends on who's the owner at the end of it. 

Alumni
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Sometimes you love something too much to give away. I think in a weird way maybe having the Senators reminds Mel of his former glory and selling it would be like he's giving up on life or something. Also Mark Stone filed for salary arbritation. ...yay

For Stone is this going to be one of those one or two year arbitration deals then UFA?

Alumni
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:
Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Homer wrote:
Russell wrote:
senior wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:

From a usually reliable message board source with deal breaking success in his past:

“Basically Melnyk gave the green light to PD to negotiate a deal just for Karlsson. They agreed with Tampa late yesterday on a deal that would send 2 NHLers plus two prospects (no picks) to Ottawa and info went out that the deal was done. Then Melnyk changed his mind and went back to wanting to attach Ryan, PD had to go back to Tampa and say no deal, Tampa got pissed and retracted their offer and playing hard ball now.”

What in the actual....bleh

He retracted it, but the Millard statement about moving goal posts leads me to believe that this deal is royally Melnyked.

-- Edited by Agent Orange on Friday 6th of July 2018 06:56:54 PM

Tampa Bay has no cap space. Ryan will not be going to TB.

Melnyked. That's a keeper.

Never go full Melnyk 

tell that to Eugene please, he's way over taken any other dip ____ owner anywhere.  Plus I just saw on Twitter something this morning that was supposed to be common knowledge about the owner.  His Company Biovail and Melnyk were both convicted of accounting fraud by the SEC here in US and fined by the Ontario Securities Commission in 2008 for SEC and 2011 for Ontario. Melnyk and his company both had to pay fines as large as 10M US. and it looks like 1.7 Canadian all added up.  Was this widely known?  Did Bettman and that toothless bunch in NY know this too?  What a scumbag Melnyk is.  I never knew any of this.

Yeah, this was public knowledge. He lost about half his fortune on biovale.

Yeah that was pretty common knowledge.  Additional true fact, we just hired one of his book cooking cronies.

And then lost another half with his divorce.

His “fortune” as estimated by Forbes is entirely the team, CTC, and a bunch of drug investments that are increasingly approaching bust.  The not so funny part is his wealth has been largely static and decreasing from the time of purchasing the team.  Which is mindboggling as the value of the franchise has pretty much tripled.

With all that equity you'd think an intelligent person would sell it.  Of course AO you bring up about a divorce does she still get more if he sells?  I can't imagine why anyone would want to divorce such a fine fellow myself

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Homer wrote:
Russell wrote:
senior wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:

From a usually reliable message board source with deal breaking success in his past:

“Basically Melnyk gave the green light to PD to negotiate a deal just for Karlsson. They agreed with Tampa late yesterday on a deal that would send 2 NHLers plus two prospects (no picks) to Ottawa and info went out that the deal was done. Then Melnyk changed his mind and went back to wanting to attach Ryan, PD had to go back to Tampa and say no deal, Tampa got pissed and retracted their offer and playing hard ball now.”

He retracted it, but the Millard statement about moving goal posts leads me to believe that this deal is royally Melnyked.

Never go full Melnyk 

tell that to Eugene please, he's way over taken any other dip ____ owner anywhere.  Plus I just saw on Twitter something this morning that was supposed to be common knowledge about the owner.  His Company Biovail and Melnyk were both convicted of accounting fraud by the SEC here in US and fined by the Ontario Securities Commission in 2008 for SEC and 2011 for Ontario. Melnyk and his company both had to pay fines as large as 10M US. and it looks like 1.7 Canadian all added up.  Was this widely known?  Did Bettman and that toothless bunch in NY know this too?  What a scumbag Melnyk is.  I never knew any of this.

Yeah that was pretty common knowledge.  Additional true fact, we just hired one of his book cooking cronies.

And then lost another half with his divorce.

His “fortune” as estimated by Forbes is entirely the team, CTC, and a bunch of drug investments that are increasingly approaching bust.  The not so funny part is his wealth has been largely static and decreasing from the time of purchasing the team.  Which is mindboggling as the value of the franchise has pretty much tripled.

-- Edited by Agent Orange on Sunday 8th of July 2018 05:23:32 PM

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Homer wrote:
Russell wrote:
senior wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:

Never go full Melnyk 

Confident Fan
Date:

Homer wrote:
Russell wrote:
senior wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:

Never go full Melnyk 

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:
senior wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:

Never go full Melnyk 

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
senior wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:

great new adjective was born in my vocabulary.  for instance Ceci royally melnyked that end zone coverage again.  royally Melnyked is a good catch all for all that's been happening since May 2017.

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Friday 6th of July 2018 09:39:50 PM

i think we have to leave Ceci alone for a bit. nasty situation there. 

Confident Fan
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

I find myself actually reading American news to take my mind off this and feel 'better'. As I predict we'll get sh*t all for Karlsson.

better not, that's all I can say.  As long as they get 1 true top notch prospect or player I'm good with anything.  Too many times teams take quanity over quality.  You need 1 sure fire player to replace the Hall of Fame player the team royally melnyked up with to make you have to trade him in the first place.  For instance with TB you need Point or Sergachev back for sure and other lottery type ticket players or picks but Point and Sergachev are top players already you need one you aren't getting both.  But if Melnyk really stepped in it and wanted Ryan to go to TB then he royally melnyked it all up again.

Alumni
Date:

I find myself actually reading American news to take my mind off this and feel 'better'. As I predict we'll get sh*t all for Karlsson.

Confident Fan
Date:

senior wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:

great new adjective was born in my vocabulary.  for instance Ceci royally melnyked that end zone coverage again.  royally Melnyked is a good catch all for all that's been happening since May 2017.

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Friday 6th of July 2018 09:39:50 PM

1 2 320  >  Last»  | Page of 20  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.