Confident Fan
Date:
2018 World Juniors thread

Duchene 1 Goal and an assist and back to 0 on plus minus

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

SensKat wrote:

and fyi, my phone is still buggered.

Found an unsecured wifi that I could connect to from my office, and same problem... so it's not my internet

I don't have an i-phone but when my wife had a problem one of the things they suggested is check to make sure it isn't in airplane mode. If not, flip it onto airplane mode and then off again.

Alumni
Date:

Can't.... change.. channel.... must.. watch medal game...

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Sens have tied up their game.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Found an unsecured wifi that I could connect to from my office, and same problem... so it's not my internet

BTW since you work from home, can you declare internet, part of hydro, mortgage, etc.. as business expenses to reduce taxes?

Jedi Master
Date:

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Just did a quick search for you senior... it's a false positive, Norton is aware of the problem. You're all good!

did they release an update to deal with the Meltdown/Spectre vulerability and mess things up?

No, looks like it's been happening for a few days, just their last update screwing things up for some people.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Just did a quick search for you senior... it's a false positive, Norton is aware of the problem. You're all good!

OK thanks.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

did they release an update to deal with the Meltdown/Spectre vulerability and mess things up?

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

SensKat wrote:

svchost is kind of important, yes..... something is not right there.

OK. That's not good. Guess I should try and tell Norton not to mess with that file.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

#fakenews

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:
Russell wrote:
senior wrote:
senior wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
senior wrote:

Ok. That was weird. My virus software just popped up to say it blocked something called Sonar.

Google that and find out what that crap is

Apparently it's a Norton or Symantec function.

SONAR is the abbreviation for Symantec Online Network for Advanced Response. Unlike virus signatures, SONAR examines the behavior of applications to decide whether they are malicious. SONAR is built upon technology Symantec acquired in its late 2005 purchase of WholeSecurity,[1] a developer of behavioral anti-malware and anti-phishing software solutions in the United States.

SONAR has detected THE SYSTEM and blocked it.

It blocked SVChost.exe which apparently is a microsoft thing. Hope it's not important. 

I have a couple of cats that are good with viruses. I will send them over.

Jedi Master
Date:

Jedi Master
Date:

svchost is kind of important, yes..... something is not right there.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Russell wrote:
senior wrote:
senior wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
senior wrote:

Ok. That was weird. My virus software just popped up to say it blocked something called Sonar.

SONAR is the abbreviation for Symantec Online Network for Advanced Response. Unlike virus signatures, SONAR examines the behavior of applications to decide whether they are malicious. SONAR is built upon technology Symantec acquired in its late 2005 purchase of WholeSecurity,[1] a developer of behavioral anti-malware and anti-phishing software solutions in the United States.

It blocked SVChost.exe which apparently is a microsoft thing. Hope it's not important. 

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:
senior wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
senior wrote:

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

senior wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
senior wrote:

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
senior wrote:

Confident Fan
Date:

senior wrote:

Jedi Master
Date:

I'll be back... maybe. unless resetting my router again is a bad idea.

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 629  >  Last»  | Page of 29  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.