Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Game 26 - Sens At Ducks - Wed Dec 6th, 10:00pm

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Game 26 - Sens At Ducks - Wed Dec 6th, 10:00pm

biggrin TJ hates it so it must be good.

But Brassard took an entire season to adapt to the system and became a beast in the playoffs.  That extra year of cost control on Duchene looms large as I think he will bounce back.

But it still too much to give up.

Confident Fan
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

So what you've been saying TJ is I should cancel the Matt Duchene jersey I got you for Christmas? 😄 (jk)

LOL!!  I was not a fan of this trade at all, I really believed his best days behind him and Sens gave up way to much to get a guy who hasn't been at the top of his game for years and now we are seeing what the numbers were saying about his play.  

I hope to everything I'm wrong and he turns back into the #1 Center he's supposed to be but this SMALL sample size is terribly disturbing to my mental health about this squad.

Alumni
Date:

Agreed. ...it's frustrating because each piece of the team should be playing better. It's almost like no one knows where anyone else is on the ice.

Alumni
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

No. No you didn't. I think Boucher's system has a one season life expectancy... teams figure it out, he can't adapt and then we're effed. During one of the periods it was mentioned we also have one of the worst save percentages in the NHL... considering even last year this team gave up a tremendous amount of shots per game, screws us over royally. We let the opposition have so much more zone possession than we should. Without stellar goaltending this dooms us from the start.

Tampa’s goaltending fell apart in year 2 of his tenure there.  Could be a coincidence, but it’s pretty damn consistent.  The team as a whole though is not confident and is hesitant it seems.

Alumni
Date:

So what you've been saying TJ is I should cancel the Matt Duchene jersey I got you for Christmas? 😄 (jk)

Confident Fan
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Yeah, I'm glad I didn't bother staying up. We'll see if tonight looks any better.... but if Stone is still sick, we have literally nobody that will put in the effort right now.

Does that go for the #1 Center the Sens spent a literal fortune on?  This is driving me to drinking milk shakes and eating bon bons late at night

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

This team is broken.

Jedi Master
Date:

Yeah, I'm glad I didn't bother staying up. We'll see if tonight looks any better.... but if Stone is still sick, we have literally nobody that will put in the effort right now.

Alumni
Date:

No. No you didn't. I think Boucher's system has a one season life expectancy... teams figure it out, he can't adapt and then we're effed. During one of the periods it was mentioned we also have one of the worst save percentages in the NHL... considering even last year this team gave up a tremendous amount of shots per game, screws us over royally. We let the opposition have so much more zone possession than we should. Without stellar goaltending this dooms us from the start.

Alumni
Date:

So I didn't miss much.

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:

Gord had a pretty simple insight into this team. It’s hard to get better when you don’t practice. Boucher should take that to heart. 

Didn't know that, something stinks 

He has this obsession about “rest is a weapon”. But when the team is lost, maybe it’s time to stop resting. 

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:

Gord had a pretty simple insight into this team. It’s hard to get better when you don’t practice. Boucher should take that to heart. 

Didn't know that, something stinks 

Alumni
Date:

ShanghaiSenator wrote:

Ok, that's it for me. Exit...Stage Left.

I am going to take a nap now. 

The bell tolls for thee. 

Alumni
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

Henrique 5 points in 4 games for his new team, wonder what that's like to trade for a guy and he delivers above expectations

Alumni
Date:

Ok, that's it for me. Exit...Stage Left.

I am going to take a nap now. 

Confident Fan
Date:

Vermette is dominating the face off circle?? Did he do that for the Sens? I don't remember him being this good

Alumni
Date:

Drunks.

Confident Fan
Date:

Ah, Duchene almost got an assist.....

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:

And the fries don’t taste right either. 

How are the hamburgers?  I haven't had anything at a McD's other than a vanilla or strawberry shake for over 10 years

Haven’t had a Hamburg from there in 30 yrs. strictly mcchickens. 

1 2 3 4  >  Last»  | Page of 4  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.