Remember Me  

Topic: Duchene and Turris Trade rumors

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Duchene and Turris Trade rumors

SensKat wrote:

wtf... This is nuts

Fight the urge to panic. Duchene is statistically better, and financially after this year, it might free up room. And it will help us in Sweeden!

Jedi Master
Date:

oh geez... and our next 2 games are the ones in Sweden, vs the Avalanche. Talk about screwing with a guy.

Jedi Master
Date:

wtf... This is nuts

Alumni
Date:

Shane Bowers gone also. It's like two first rounds picks gone..... I agree; Duchene better tear it up. No pressure. 

Jedi Master
Date:

wow. Looks like we just gave up Turris, Hammond, a 1st, and a 3rd for Duchene. He had damned well better come in here and absolutely tear it up.

Jedi Master
Date:

Turris signing for 6 years, $36M in Nashville

Jedi Master
Date:

And a 1st and a 3rd.

Jedi Master
Date:

Dreger says that Hammond went as part of the deal

Alumni
Date:

If we wake up to found out that Chabot or White don't play for Ottawa anymore, I will be very displeased....

Alumni
Date:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/senators-acquire-duchene-blockbuster-avalanche-predators/

It's official. Welcome to the Sens Matt.

Jedi Master
Date:

Duchene to Ottawa, Turris to Nashville.... still waiting for details.....

Jedi Master
Date:

something is happening. Duchene has been traded. They think he's coming to Ottawa. Just waiting on details...

Alumni
Date:

EastCoastSen wrote:

Very likely Turris is gone before trade deadline; but for Duchene?....maybe not.
I agree Duchene is not necessarily more skilled than Turris. That said, Turris wants more money than we can afford. Duchene wants the hell out of Colorado. So... option 1: Keep a player that is now likely pissed at the GM and wants close to 7m..... or option 2: get a player who is very keen for a new opportunity, and has another year a 6m. Worst case, he ****s the bed, and we make room for White/Brown, and resign him for less. Best case, he kills it and we resign for more. 
I love Turris (have him on a jersey), but I think he's gone and I'm ok with it.

the problem is the assets you'd have to give up to get duchene. just not worth it, imo. I'd rather overpay turris.

Alumni
Date:

Very likely Turris is gone before trade deadline; but for Duchene?....maybe not.
I agree Duchene is not necessarily more skilled than Turris. That said, Turris wants more money than we can afford. Duchene wants the hell out of Colorado. So... option 1: Keep a player that is now likely pissed at the GM and wants close to 7m..... or option 2: get a player who is very keen for a new opportunity, and has another year a 6m. Worst case, he ****s the bed, and we make room for White/Brown, and resign him for less. Best case, he kills it and we resign for more. 
I love Turris (have him on a jersey), but I think he's gone and I'm ok with it.

Alumni
Date:

I'm concerned about how Turris and the Sens can go forward from here, with him knowing they tried to move him. he certainly won't be doing them any favours at contract time.

Also, I'm really not sure duchene is all that much better than Turris. At his best, maybe a bit, but is he really so much better than Turris he's worth anywhere near that much in return? 

Jedi Master
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Oh boy, Kypreos says Turris is gone

I don't put too much stock in anything Kypreos says.

I doubt Turris will still be here next year, but I'm not sure that anything is imminent now that this latest Duchene deal fell through.

Confident Fan
Date:

This means that it would take Chabot plus top picks for Duchene and Turris gone too!! If they do this WTF?!?!

Confident Fan
Date:

Oh boy, Kypreos says Turris is gone

Confident Fan
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

This is from Darren Dreger on Twitter 

“I've heard of 2 options Colorado was considering in 3 way trade. 1) 4 picks and a prospect (high picks). 2) two prospects and a 1st and 3rd.”

Who would do that for a guy who now is just above average and has been for going on 2 years now?  That’s got to be why Duchene is still in Colorado.  This year he’s “stepped it up” and has 8 points in 12 games.  Heck Mika Zibanajeb has more than a point a game now, what’s he worth?

Confident Fan
Date:

This is from Darren Dreger on Twitter 

Here goes:

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Saturday 4th of November 2017 08:49:22 PM

«First  <  1 2 | Page of 2  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.