Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Duchene and Turris Trade rumors

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
Duchene and Turris Trade rumors

So Duchene scores 30 and doesn’t want to resign at a reasonable deal? Trade him for an even better package next season.

Chances are if he does well, Pageau keeps on trucking, and White/Brown look close then they will likely move on from Brassard which will free up money to ink Duchene/Duchesne/Dushane to a true #1C deal.

Essentially a lottery protected 1st and Bowers (lower end prospect) to try out Duchene in Guy’s system and potentially get to offer that 8th year if earned.

And yes taxes were big for Turris. No state income tax in Tennessee.

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:

From an article I saw today: First scenario. Duchene bombs and Dorion is crucified for giving up too much to get him. Second scenario: Duchene plays great and scores 30 goals. Now he wants to negotiate a big money long term contract, which Ottawa can't afford because EK is going to want a huge contract. So Duchene leaves when his contract is up. Unfortunately, this could be accurate.

-- Edited by senior on Monday 6th of November 2017 11:13:21 PM

I think the hope is they win a cup before then.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

From an article I saw today: First scenario. Duchene bombs and Dorion is crucified for giving up too much to get him. Second scenario: Duchene plays great and scores 30 goals. Now he wants to negotiate a big money long term contract, which Ottawa can't afford because EK is going to want a huge contract. So Duchene leaves when his contract is up. Unfortunately, this could be accurate.

-- Edited by senior on Monday 6th of November 2017 11:13:21 PM

Alumni
Date:

As long as Duchene proves to be an upgrade from Turris, then this is a fine deal for Ottawa. If he only proves to be "as good as", then obviously we'll think we got hosed. But I think we saw the best of Turris, maybe Duchene has a higher top-end. 

Alumni
Date:

This kid's reaction is what we'll all be like someday when Karlsson leaves.....

http://www.bardown.com/young-sens-fan-crying-his-eyes-out-after-finding-out-turris-was-traded-will-break-your-heart-1.906918

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Russell wrote:

The one question that remains is why Turris wouldn't accept 6 yrs at 6 million with Ottawa. Did he feel dissed?

I've seen a lot of speculation that he had issues with Boucher, and had no intention of re-signing here.

I wonder if taxes had anything to do with it? 6m is more in down there.

Jedi Master
Date:

Russell wrote:

The one question that remains is why Turris wouldn't accept 6 yrs at 6 million with Ottawa. Did he feel dissed?

I've seen a lot of speculation that he had issues with Boucher, and had no intention of re-signing here.

Jedi Master
Date:

The 2018 1st rounder being lottery-protected makes this a bit better... I'm a bit more on board with the idea today, but still not 100% sold. Only time will tell now.

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

I for one like this trade "on paper" so far.

We get a younger player that once removed from the train wreck that is the Joe Sakic Avalanche, Duchene will produce. We also dump Hammond and his contract (terrible), and dodge either the 'Turris walks bullet' that we all saw with Spezza. Or we dodge the 'Turris signs for 6+ years and production trails off' bullet.

I'm not a statistician, but with the exception of a few outliers, don't long term signings with heavy dollars usually taper off in ROI after the first few years?

Alumni
Date:

so anything new on this front or still just speculation at this time?

I hate waiting for things to happen

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Sens give up Turris 28 years old 544 Games played 136 Goals and 184 Assists for a total of 320 Points
A first in Bowers in 17 draft and another 1st in 18 draft and a 3rd in 19 draft. Turris and 2 1st's and a 3rd, forget Hammond he is a salary dump I guess.

Nashville gives Colorado for Turris basically 3 2nd picks a guy named Girard in 16 and Kamenez in 14 plus a 2nd in 18 Draft.

Turris has actually had better years or comparable to Duchene's 24 25 26 year old years and this is the guy the Sens are buying not his 2 best years which were his 19-20 and 22-23 year old years. He's only been a point a game player once.

Duchene 26 years old and 27 in Jan. 585 Games played 178 Goals 250 Assists for a total of 428 points.

In the playoffs where the rubber meets the road:

Duchene 8 Games and 6 Assists and 0 goals
Turris 46 Games 13 Goals and 14 Assists

Duchene is a very good player... Colorado's been a burning tire fire for the last 4-5 years though so I think hard to compare the two, especially in the playoffs. I guess we'll see though. His numbers have been pretty good this season so far. Also considering Turris would've probably just walked at the end of the season or we would have trade deadline dealt him for almost nothing I'm optimistic this will work out.

I often felt we set Turris up to fail a bit here... always felt he was a better second line centre than first but last year he really came into his own. Is it because the team as a whole has gotten better?

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Will Duchene buy into Boucher's system? Guess we'll see.

Confident Fan
Date:

Sens give up Turris 28 years old 544 Games played 136 Goals and 184 Assists for a total of 320 Points
A first in Bowers in 17 draft and another 1st in 18 draft and a 3rd in 19 draft. Turris and 2 1st's and a 3rd, forget Hammond he is a salary dump I guess.

Nashville gives Colorado for Turris basically 3 2nd picks a guy named Girard in 16 and Kamenez in 14 plus a 2nd in 18 Draft.

Turris has actually had better years or comparable to Duchene's 24 25 26 year old years and this is the guy the Sens are buying not his 2 best years which were his 19-20 and 22-23 year old years. He's only been a point a game player once.

Duchene 26 years old and 27 in Jan. 585 Games played 178 Goals 250 Assists for a total of 428 points.

In the playoffs where the rubber meets the road:

Duchene 8 Games and 6 Assists and 0 goals
Turris 46 Games 13 Goals and 14 Assists

Confident Fan
Date:

Pan wrote:
EastCoastSen wrote:
SensKat wrote:
EastCoastSen wrote:
SensKat wrote:

wtf... This is nuts

Fight the urge to panic. Duchene is statistically better, and financially after this year, it might free up room. And it will help us in Sweeden!

But is he that much better?   I'm not sold.

I'm on the fence too, and honestly would've been more comfortable if it included a 2nd round instead of a 1st round pick. That said; 1. we'll likely go far enough to make that first round pick a very late one.... and 

2. Duchene played on a crap team. Let's see how he does with Stone and Karlsson feeding him the puck.

Duchene is an Olympian playing right behind Crosby. Turris wasn't in the conversation for national team.  Bowers is a bust. Hammond going off the books probably cost us the 3rd.  Great trade. 

Obviously I hope to heck you are right, but Turris and 2 First round picks is a lot. 2017 and 2018 picks.  I hope that Stone and Karlsson feeding him really helps but this is a lot since Turris is a very good player in his own right.  It's so disappointing to watch a draft w/o Ottawa in first round

Alumni
Date:

http://www.tsn.ca/reports-sens-closing-in-on-deal-for-duchene-1.906441

Alumni
Date:

Omg it happened. We got him.

Pan
Alumni
Date:

EastCoastSen wrote:
SensKat wrote:
EastCoastSen wrote:
SensKat wrote:

wtf... This is nuts

Fight the urge to panic. Duchene is statistically better, and financially after this year, it might free up room. And it will help us in Sweeden!

I'm on the fence too, and honestly would've been more comfortable if it included a 2nd round instead of a 1st round pick. That said; 1. we'll likely go far enough to make that first round pick a very late one.... and 

2. Duchene played on a crap team. Let's see how he does with Stone and Karlsson feeding him the puck.

Duchene is an Olympian playing right behind Crosby. Turris wasn't in the conversation for national team.  Bowers is a bust. Hammond going off the books probably cost us the 3rd.  Great trade. 

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
EastCoastSen wrote:
SensKat wrote:

wtf... This is nuts

Jedi Master
Date:

EastCoastSen wrote:
SensKat wrote:

wtf... This is nuts

1 2  >  Last»  | Page of 2  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.