Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Package Ceci with Turris and send them to Colorado for Duchene?

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Package Ceci with Turris and send them to Colorado for Duchene?

I'm lukewarm on Duchesne -- get him or not, I'm okay either way, but I'm not parting with Chabot to make it happen. As for Turris, I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a while to sign him. One only needs to think of how long it took to sign Ryan to remember that fan angst and impatience will always be present when a contract is within a season of ending.

Alumni
Date:

It seemed in the off season Colorado wouldn't part with Duchene for anything less than young talent. They wanted Chabot and we didn't want to give him up. I always thought Turris was a much better 2nd centre than 1st so I assume that's all we'd get for him.... I never know how these deals work though since we got actual garbage for Spezza.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

I would give up Turris and a second or third rounder for Duchene. No more. And then only if it becomes clear that they are not going to be able to re-sign him to a reasonable contract and he's going to walk. A lot of people think Duchene would be an upgrade over Turris but their stats are very similar. I always thought Turris was a great second line centre and a so so first liner. Certainly not worth the type of money I've heard mentioned. However we all know certain organizations with deep pockets have no problem over paying for players.

Jedi Master
Date:

What I think is that I honestly have no idea what this team's management is going to do these days.

If they are going to trade him, they are going to have to get a high end centre in return for him, and those are just not easy to come by.

Is Turris + Ceci enough to get Duchene? I'm guessing not at this point, but maybe at the deadline....

Alumni
Date:

Doesn't look like we'll meet Turris's 7-8 year term.  And I don't think we'll let him go for nothing like we did with Spezza.

Link: http://www.tsn.ca/dreger-seems-likely-sens-will-trade-turris-1.877386

What do you all think?

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.