Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Off Season Sens News 2017

Post Info
Confident Fan
Date:
Off Season Sens News 2017

Schmidt Washington. Never heard of him and that concludes our Ottawa Senators giving up maybe the best player picked by the hated Vegas team

Confident Fan
Date:

senior wrote:

Image result for angry old man

I did get a chuckle out of this post 

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Image result for angry old man

Confident Fan
Date:

Homer wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
SensKat wrote:

There are days when I really hate this team.

Agreed 

I can't believe that Dorion couldn't find a trading partner for Methot to at least get something for him.  I thought for sure he would have had a side deal in place.

Welp its the same guy who extended Burrows 2 years

Confident Fan
Date:

From the Sixth Sens: the Senators should have held onto Lazar. Vegas would have been all over that.
That's what I've said on the radio. Bob Lowes was instrumental in Sens drafting him and now he's with Vegas front office. Then from Ian Mendes

Now this is what Boston Toronto and half the NHL teams did do. Gave Vegas crap

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Agreed 

I can't believe that Dorion couldn't find a trading partner for Methot to at least get something for him.  I thought for sure he would have had a side deal in place.

Confident Fan
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Boston and Toronto won't even know an expansion draft took place

Confident Fan
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Agreed 

Confident Fan
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Methot was far and none the best D out there that wasn't protected. Sad :/ lots of other teams just offered up pure garbage. As a wpg fan I'm happy Thorburn is gone he was useless...

Except for Fleury Methot and Neal its pure crap 💩  

Jedi Master
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

Schlemko Sharks. Sharks 🦈 actually didn't dress him a couple times healthy scratch
Perron Blues. 18 Goals
Lindberg Rangers. Rookie
Emelin Habs He's on a par w Methot NOT

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Wednesday 21st of June 2017 09:44:12 PM

Alumni
Date:

Methot was far and none the best D out there that wasn't protected. Sad :/ lots of other teams just offered up pure garbage. As a wpg fan I'm happy Thorburn is gone he was useless...

Confident Fan
Date:

Leipsic Toronto Barely played for Leafs
Miller DMan Boston crap 💩
Methot Ottawa. Bullcrap I'm not happy

Confident Fan
Date:

Brickley Carolina hasn't played NHL
Thorburn Winnepeg A Forward who doesn't score
Bellemare Philly 8 points
Garrison Tampa Old player Canucks were happy to move to Tampa

It's crap 💩 from these other teams

Berube Isles a Sh*t Goalie Plus a 1st and 2nd pick
James Neal Nashville a real player who didn't play well in 2017
Nosek Detroit never heard of him

This team will suck

Confident Fan
Date:

Leafs Suck!!!

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Wednesday 21st of June 2017 09:11:20 PM

Confident Fan
Date:

SensKat wrote:

cryno

You've barely said anything and u summed it up way better than me

Confident Fan
Date:

Why are presenters on stage trying to be funny while Ottawa and Pittspuke are the only teams to lose a real player?

Confident Fan
Date:

Vegas takes Sbisa from Vancouver and that's a team that is rejoicing because they desperately wanted that contract gone. Pulkkinen from Arizona isn't he the guy who was waived twice or so last season?

Some of these teams are not losing anything or anyone

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
USA Today's Kevin Allen predicts Kerby Rychel who didn't even play in the NHL last season.  While he has Ottawa losing Methot who he says could be the hottest player in the trade market because he's the ONLY good top pairing defensive man left unprotected.  Vegas will lots of teams wanting him.  I'm first guessing and would of much rather lost Ceci than Methot because Sens are in a win now mode and Chabot or Claesson are ready made to replace Ceci.  Leafs get over again w a for crap expansion list of crap 💩 

Claesson and Chabot do nothing to fix the hole on the right side by losing Ceci, both are LD.

Thx for that info, I'm not enough of a hockey guy to know the difference of RD or LD.  AO why are so many people who are big Sens fans on Twitter so against the way Ceci plays??  There has to be something there that so many are not sold on him.  I do see a lot of the time when there is running around on D and the puck won't get cleared it seems more times than most it's Ceci on the ice for those escapades.  Why are u such a big Ceci fan?  I'm just not sure about him one way or the other, I just think Methot was awesome in the playoffs and EK seems to have a real comfort with him.

I don't consider myself a big Ceci fan or supporter.  But the amount of vitriol that he gets from the social media "hot takes" is just absurd.  Which being in the states is pretty much the only way to get fan interaction other than on here.

Why do they hate him so much?  Pretty much boils down to CORSI and "Hey remember that time he turned it over?  Yeah he sucks, he's the suckiest suck suck that ever sucked."

Ceci's problem is that he played himself onto the team when he should have been in the AHL because the defense was that bad.  So now we have a first round pick that hasn't turned into whatever gold-sh****ng unicorn people feel they were promised by his 4th year even though he is only 23.  His points had been steadily increasing year to year until he fell off "a cliff" this year, mainly due to his defensive deployment and paired with a slowing Dion.  Now with a season under his belt in the toughest deployment possible in Boucher's system he should hopefully rebound some.  Will he ever reach that lofty potential?  Probably not, but he still has time to be a serviceable #4.

Top 4 RD is pretty much the shallowest position in the league and in our prospect pool.  Almost everybody is looking for one and either overspend in FA or via trade if they can't develop one.  You don't ditch a 23 year old that still has potential for a bag of pucks or nothing in order to save a good LD in Methot who is getting up there in age and has more options to be replaced.  Dion could have done the team a solid by waiving his NMC.  Unfortunately he didn't and that's that.  Methot is gone two seasons earlier than expected, but the cupboard isn't essentially bare.

Sad to see Marc go, but this does free up cap space for extensions that will be needed in the next two season as well.

At least Vegas can't flip him to TOR or MTL due to his NTC.  Too bad Murray was such a terrible GM and gave him one.

They can't trade him without his ok. Stay in Vegas and spend the last couple of years of your career playing for expansion team or going to a contender. I know what I would choose.

Jedi Master
Date:

cryno

«First  <  15 6 7 8 911  >  Last»  | Page of 11  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.