Remember Me  

Topic: Off Season Sens News 2017

Post Info
Pie Connoisseur
Date:
RE: Off Season Sens News 2017

Agent Orange wrote:

Condon resigned for 3 years / $2.4M AAV

Escalating contract at $1.7M, $2.5M, $3.0M. So, basically transitioning him to more and more starts as Andy's workload goes down.

A net cap increase for starter/backup, but not salary wise as Condon's $1.7M and Andy's $3.1M is almost a match for Andy's $4.75 from last year. Andy probably gets a 2 year $2.25 AAV extension ($3M and $1.5M).

Glad they got him signed. Need a solid backup who can play 25 games a year. Stats show Andy plays better when he plays fewer games.

Alumni
Date:

Condon resigned for 3 years / $2.4M AAV

Escalating contract at $1.7M, $2.5M, $3.0M. So, basically transitioning him to more and more starts as Andy's workload goes down.

A net cap increase for starter/backup, but not salary wise as Condon's $1.7M and Andy's $3.1M is almost a match for Andy's $4.75 from last year. Andy probably gets a 2 year $2.25 AAV extension ($3M and $1.5M).

Alumni
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:

I'd be sure that the Sens called and offered more, but McPhee didn't want to play after Ottawa turned him down pre-expansion. He may have been trying to send a message to other players too by not trading Methot to where he wanted to go after refusing to alter his NTC.

And after looking through the chatter on the radio circuit this morning it sounds like just that.

Lebrun said today that he believes that McPhee was asking more from Ottawa for Methot than he did from Dallas as a sort of "punishment" because we balked at paying the "Methot Protection" price before the expansion draft.  Sounds like Simmer alluded to the fact that many of the teams not on his NTC list weren't interested, so McPhee was dealing from a position of weakness.

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:
senior wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
SensKat wrote:

ugh.... Methot to the Stars

Now Kat u see why I jumped the gun in hating Vegas, they supposedly tried to extort a 1st round pick next year out of the Sens.  They would have taken the 1st and then took Ryan or Claesson when all the extortionist got is a 2nd in 3 years and a 7th.  

So basically McPhee got a bag of pucks for Methot. Looks good on him. I'm fairly certain Sens would have given him more if he had picked up the phone and called Dorion.

there's more to this. I know it. maybe it was just a salary dump and sens didn't want him back? Maybe this is a favour to Dallas for something else? 

I'd be sure that the Sens called and offered more, but McPhee didn't want to play after Ottawa turned him down pre-expansion. He may have been trying to send a message to other players too by not trading Methot to where he wanted to go after refusing to alter his NTC.

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Now Kat u see why I jumped the gun in hating Vegas, they supposedly tried to extort a 1st round pick next year out of the Sens.  They would have taken the 1st and then took Ryan or Claesson when all the extortionist got is a 2nd in 3 years and a 7th.  

So basically McPhee got a bag of pucks for Methot. Looks good on him. I'm fairly certain Sens would have given him more if he had picked up the phone and called Dorion.

there's more to this. I know it. maybe it was just a salary dump and sens didn't want him back? Maybe this is a favour to Dallas for something else? 

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
SensKat wrote:

we couldn't beat an offer of a goalie prospect and a 2nd in 2020? something doesn't smell right here. And I'm not talking about Senior after bean night.

Confident Fan
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:
SensKat wrote:

For a crap return too.  Methot's NTC and McPhee's extortionist approach to the expansion draft probably didn't leave him with many dancing partners.

lol AO, I didn't read your post till after I had called that jerk an extortionist too 😎😂

Confident Fan
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Jedi Master
Date:

Starting to think I should become a Stars fan.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

For a crap return too.  Methot's NTC and McPhee's extortionist approach to the expansion draft probably didn't leave him with many dancing partners.

Jedi Master
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

SensKat wrote:
senior wrote:

Tom Pyatt signs 2 year extension. I like.

-- Edited by senior on Monday 26th of June 2017 05:04:14 PM

meh

he's cheap help 

Jedi Master
Date:

senior wrote:

meh

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

Typing into your phone 📱 is a ton of mistakes waiting to happen

Confident Fan
Date:

Jeremy Jacobs the Boston owner who squeezed every last nickel and concussion out of the players and was a leader in taking hockey away from the fans in work stoppages gors into the Hall and Alfie doesn't. This piece of dung is way more responsibile for losing games than Bettman ever was. Bettman works for this rich creep.

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Monday 26th of June 2017 05:33:54 PM

Confident Fan
Date:

senior wrote:

Could Methot end up back in Ottawa? It's possible.

http://www.tsn.ca/live/talent/a-solution-for-the-methot-phaneuf-trade-market-issue-1.789151

It would be nice but somehow I doubt it, am I misremembering or didn't Dion play well during the playoffs?  I know Methot played well or at least I'm pretty sure he did, does anyone on here think Ceci played well in the playoffs?   I can't wrap my mind around that Ottawa seems to be the only team that lost an asset that they really really didn't want to lose in the whole stinking league.  James Neal didn't have a good regular season and he wasn't very good in the playoffs and Nashville is nowhere broken up about losing him.  Fluery leaving Pitts is a salary cap saver for them plus they have a #1 goalie.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Could Methot end up back in Ottawa? It's possible.

http://www.tsn.ca/live/talent/a-solution-for-the-methot-phaneuf-trade-market-issue-1.789151

-- Edited by senior on Monday 26th of June 2017 01:00:57 PM

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
senior wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Just to be clear, every unrestricted NHL free agent over the last 20 years has been rumored going to @MapleLeafs. Every ... single ... one

Simple quiz: Is this true or false

False. There was that guy who played out west somewhere who played about 6 games. Am fairly certain he was not rumored to be going to Toronto.

that's right it was either Smith or Jones I think.....

Yeah, did Stamkos ever sign in Toronto? I forget...

I also think the media said that McDavid would demand a trade to Toronto too.

Because as we all know, every NHL hockey player ONLY wants to play in Toronto, it's just a matter of it they can get lucky enough to do it. 

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 6 711  >  Last»  | Page of 11  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.