Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Off Season Sens News 2017

Post Info
Confident Fan
Date:
RE: Off Season Sens News 2017

senior wrote:

Read two different articles now that list the Sens Nate Thompson signing as one of the worst of this years free agent signings. Can't say I disagree.

The main question that Dorion should be asked and that's who the heck were you bidding against??  The second is why did you give a guy coming off a serious injury a limited no trade clause?  Of course who would want this guy who is damaged goods anyway in a trade??  But an injured 4th liner over 30 and you give him a limited no trade and multiple year contract???  Even with my limited knowledge of never have played hockey even I know you don't do this, plus the extension of Burrows for 2 more years for a guy over 35 or so still doesn't make any sense.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Read two different articles now that list the Sens Nate Thompson signing as one of the worst of this years free agent signings. Can't say I disagree.

Jedi Master
Date:

I'm seriously running out of words to express my thoughts on this team lately.

Confident Fan
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:
Russell wrote:

Alfie has left the organization....again. 

Good. It removes the possibility of ever having to fired while being part of management.  Now he can just focus on making Ottawa his permanent home and pursue other interests while basically being an ambassador at home games.

Nice AO, that's a good positive thought 😎👍🏻

Confident Fan
Date:

The #Leafs announced today the signings of F Colin Greening to a 1-yr contract, and F Chris Mueller and D Vincent LoVerde to 2-yr contracts.

How are the Sens ever going to keep up w these guys?

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:

Good. It removes the possibility of ever having to fired while being part of management.  Now he can just focus on making Ottawa his permanent home and pursue other interests while basically being an ambassador at home games.

Confident Fan
Date:

🇨🇦Happy Canada Day everyone,🇨🇦 (This is from Daniel Alfredsson's Twitter account)
Fortunate to live in in the best city "Ottawa"

Confident Fan
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:

Drats!!

Did this team just almost make it to the Finals??  Or where they the old Laffs?  Something isn't right

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Saturday 1st of July 2017 02:59:52 PM

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:

Drats!!!!

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Saturday 1st of July 2017 02:58:50 PM

Alumni
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

I'm afraid to look up Thompson's numbers because I'll be more depressed about this signing

Confident Fan
Date:

Benoit Pouliot has agreed to terms in BUF, one year, $1.15M. Ottawa could have signed Pouliot for half a million less than they're paying Thompson. Plus a year less term.  (This is off Twitter). 

Sheesh

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Saturday 1st of July 2017 01:47:09 PM

Confident Fan
Date:

2 much money. 2 much term for Thompson. Who were they bidding against? 1 year at 800 would be plenty.

Gotta agree w Shawn Simpson who wrote that above on this one. Nate Thompson is the coach's guy I guess, 2 years guaranteed is silly. If he didn't want just 1 year then good riddance like w Wingels

Confident Fan
Date:

senior wrote:

Anyone else think it might be worth while to consider trying to sign Kulikov? At reasonable term and money of course.

Pierre McGuire has said it about 10 times on the morning show there in Ottawa---the coaches have to play the young players!!  I agree with him only because he knows about 110% more than me about hockey.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Anyone else think it might be worth while to consider trying to sign Kulikov? At reasonable term and money of course.

Confident Fan
Date:

If you want a really good comprehensive breakdown of Senators D and UFA Defensmen listen to Team 1200 podcast of Ray Ferraro's interview with Ian Mendes & Lee Versage yesterday June 28. The one guy the Sens want nothing to do w is Emelin of Vegas and Montreal. It was an awesome breakdown

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
senior wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:

Condon resigned for 3 years / $2.4M AAV

Escalating contract at $1.7M, $2.5M, $3.0M. So, basically transitioning him to more and more starts as Andy's workload goes down.

A net cap increase for starter/backup, but not salary wise as Condon's $1.7M and Andy's $3.1M is almost a match for Andy's $4.75 from last year. Andy probably gets a 2 year $2.25 AAV extension ($3M and $1.5M).

Glad they got him signed. Need a solid backup who can play 25 games a year. Stats show Andy plays better when he plays fewer games.

and Condon has shown he can easily handle more than 25 games. he may even develop into a starter. Good signing.

Good signing but I think it's one year too many, it seems to me the Senators are always giving 1 year to many on these contracts since Dorian got in there.  Or maybe I'm just thinking of the Burrows contract. 

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:

you know what grinds my gears?

The Sens are going to go out and get someone to replace Methot, and I'll almost guarantee you they will pay more for this player than they would have to protect Meth. Or, at the very least, a crapload more than Dallas gave up to get Meth.

To protect Methot we already know thru Dreger that the extortionist GM in Vegas was demanding a 1st round pick next year.  Plus they would have taken Ryan or Claesson.   That to me is a super high price to keep Methot.  I would have left Dzingel unprotected and Ceci.   But now to the crux of your post I don't doubt they'll over frikkin pay to get some guy not near as good as Methot in there.  They have plenty of D with the addition of Chabot so unless u get a bargain on a DMan leave this alone.

Alumni
Date:

you know what grinds my gears?

The Sens are going to go out and get someone to replace Methot, and I'll almost guarantee you they will pay more for this player than they would have to protect Meth. Or, at the very least, a crapload more than Dallas gave up to get Meth.

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:

Condon resigned for 3 years / $2.4M AAV

Escalating contract at $1.7M, $2.5M, $3.0M. So, basically transitioning him to more and more starts as Andy's workload goes down.

A net cap increase for starter/backup, but not salary wise as Condon's $1.7M and Andy's $3.1M is almost a match for Andy's $4.75 from last year. Andy probably gets a 2 year $2.25 AAV extension ($3M and $1.5M).

Glad they got him signed. Need a solid backup who can play 25 games a year. Stats show Andy plays better when he plays fewer games.

and Condon has shown he can easily handle more than 25 games. he may even develop into a starter. Good signing.

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 611  >  Last»  | Page of 11  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.