Remember Me  

Topic: Off Season Sens News 2017

Post Info
Pie Connoisseur
Date:
RE: Off Season Sens News 2017

Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Did anyone read the Wayne Scanlan article out of the Ottawa Citizen? Saw it on Twitter then read the article and my one overall take from that is Eugene Melnyk is unstable or something. You'd of thought he'd have chilled out a bit after almost losing his life but it sounds like he's actually went the other way and become more goofy. Especially the way he treats his executives.

do you have a link?

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/senators-reach-severance-agreements-with-leeder-and-other-ex-club-executives

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Did anyone read the Wayne Scanlan article out of the Ottawa Citizen? Saw it on Twitter then read the article and my one overall take from that is Eugene Melnyk is unstable or something. You'd of thought he'd have chilled out a bit after almost losing his life but it sounds like he's actually went the other way and become more goofy. Especially the way he treats his executives.

do you have a link?

Confident Fan
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

Homer wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:
Homer wrote:

LOL, this thread is right up Callups thread alley.  Good idea for a game day thead game

retweet with something you yell at a sporting event that would be kind of weird to yell in bed

I immediately thought of "DOOOO SOMEEETHIIIING!!!"

or "START THE CAR"

"GET IT OUT, GET IT OUT !!"

"Go for the 5-hole"

LOL!! To all these

Alumni
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:
Homer wrote:

LOL, this thread is right up Callups thread alley.  Good idea for a game day thead game

retweet with something you yell at a sporting event that would be kind of weird to yell in bed

or "START THE CAR"

"GET IT OUT, GET IT OUT !!"

"Go for the 5-hole"

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:

or "START THE CAR"

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

Glutten for punishment or that desperate for hockey? I have the shakes waiting on the new season. Also RIP Bryan Murray. He put up an incredible fight.

Confident Fan
Date:

It's in OT, watching lots of Pittsburgh offensive zone time, lots of Ottawa giveaways and lots of Pittsburgh just misses. It's not looking good. It's amazing it went as long as it did here in OT

Confident Fan
Date:

Watching Game 7 on NHL Network Pittsburgh v Ottawa, gluten for punishment or insane and hoping for a different result?

Alumni
Date:

http://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1188155&playlistId=1.3547136&binId=1.1164511&playlistPageNum=1

Alumni
Date:

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 12.02.01 AM.png

Attachments
Jedi Master
Date:

senior wrote:

Bryan Murray has passed away. RIP Bryan. Thanks for everything you did for hockey in Ottawa.

http://www.tsn.ca/former-sens-coach-and-gm-murray-dead-at-74-1.828675

Very sad news.  

RIP Bryan.

Confident Fan
Date:

senior wrote:

Bryan Murray has passed away. RIP Bryan. Thanks for everything you did for hockey in Ottawa.

Sad news, RIP.  I really liked him and for some reason he always made me confident in his decisions. Right or wrong 

Alumni
Date:

*taps stick on ice*

Thanks, Bryan. 

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:

RIP Bryan, you'll be missed.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Alumni
Date:

20728074_1702640133378918_5260691772149884592_n.jpg

Attachments
Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Homer wrote:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/wheelin-wednesday-why-alfie-left-sens-canadian-teams-round-maguire

A story has surfaced regarding Daniel Alfredsson's most recent departure from the Ottawa Senators. It suggests Alfredsson was asked by team owner Eugene Melnyk to shift to the upcoming Lebreton Flats development as opposed to working in the hockey operations department. Allegedly Alfredsson responded by saying he was a hockey player, is a hockey guy and knows nothing about building and development all to a nonplused Mr. Melnyk who stated that was his wish. Alfredsson for the second time exited stage door left. We'll see if anything else comes to the fore. Another thought that's been brought forth is Alfredsson has aspirations to follow the Steve Yzerman model and have an active role in player management maybe even GM one day. Who knows, either way it was a surprising split for the legacy player, yet again.

If this is true, Melnyk is an idiot

Thx Homer, I don't know how to paste on to this page like that.  As Pan said about the owner, "He's lost his mind" as we texted on Twitter.   It's comical the way they've treated the most beloved Ottawa sports figure ever, first by even letting him go to UFA status and then if this is even somewhat true.

i don't buy this for a minute.

How much would you pay to buy it?  I don't have a real clue what's true but I don't doubt that Melnyk would somehow screw things up.

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Homer wrote:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/wheelin-wednesday-why-alfie-left-sens-canadian-teams-round-maguire

A story has surfaced regarding Daniel Alfredsson's most recent departure from the Ottawa Senators. It suggests Alfredsson was asked by team owner Eugene Melnyk to shift to the upcoming Lebreton Flats development as opposed to working in the hockey operations department. Allegedly Alfredsson responded by saying he was a hockey player, is a hockey guy and knows nothing about building and development all to a nonplused Mr. Melnyk who stated that was his wish. Alfredsson for the second time exited stage door left. We'll see if anything else comes to the fore. Another thought that's been brought forth is Alfredsson has aspirations to follow the Steve Yzerman model and have an active role in player management maybe even GM one day. Who knows, either way it was a surprising split for the legacy player, yet again.

If this is true, Melnyk is an idiot

Thx Homer, I don't know how to paste on to this page like that.  As Pan said about the owner, "He's lost his mind" as we texted on Twitter.   It's comical the way they've treated the most beloved Ottawa sports figure ever, first by even letting him go to UFA status and then if this is even somewhat true.

i don't buy this for a minute.

1 2 311  >  Last»  | Page of 11  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.