Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Round 1 - Non Sens games

Post Info
Jedi Master
Date:
Round 1 - Non Sens games

Oilers take a 2-1 series lead. Back-to-back shutouts for Talbot. Back-to-back GWG's for Zack Kassian

Confident Fan
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Crazy 1st period in San Jose. Sharks are pushing really hard, but the Oilers are holding strong so far.

Sharks 🦈 haven't scored since OT of Game 1

Jedi Master
Date:

Crazy 1st period in San Jose. Sharks are pushing really hard, but the Oilers are holding strong so far.

Alumni
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Yeah that's a good point. Washington dominates the game, but Toronto is always there like an angry swarm of bees that will get that flukey goal when you're not careful. They're completely random, but they're young and have more energy the more you play.

very true. saw that on the OT last night. i hate to admit it but they are fun to watch. the fans will alway be dolts, though.

Alumni
Date:

Yeah that's a good point. Washington dominates the game, but Toronto is always there like an angry swarm of bees that will get that flukey goal when you're not careful. They're completely random, but they're young and have more energy the more you play.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Yeah I don't understand it. By all accounts they should be drilling Toronto into the ground (They should be drilling ANYONE into the ground in round 1). I watched the two OTs, it wasn't even from lack of effort... I don't know what the problem is. Andersen is playing out of his mind, I think that has a lot to do with it. Holtby honestly has looked shaky.

Washington is a run and gun type team that gives up a lot of scoring chances and rely on Holtby to bail them out time after time. He's just not playing up to his usual level. Andersen is out playing him. Both teams allowed 47 shots. That's not playoff hockey. Washington is just not a team built for the playoffs.

Confident Fan
Date:

Homer wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Washington I really believe is never going to win a Cup there is definitely something inside the minds of those players that doesn't handle pressure well. No matter the coach, new players, whatever. They need a Jonathon Toews or Crosby type player.

lol, I can't believe you actually said that about one of your favorite players to hate

if he was wearing an Ottawa sweater I'd love that guy , he's still the best player no matter what McDavid scores.

Alumni
Date:

Actually the biggest surprise of the playoffs so far is Chicago going down 2-0 at home. They lost their last game 5-0???

Alumni
Date:

Yeah I don't understand it. By all accounts they should be drilling Toronto into the ground (They should be drilling ANYONE into the ground in round 1). I watched the two OTs, it wasn't even from lack of effort... I don't know what the problem is. Andersen is playing out of his mind, I think that has a lot to do with it. Holtby honestly has looked shaky.

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Washington I really believe is never going to win a Cup there is definitely something inside the minds of those players that doesn't handle pressure well. No matter the coach, new players, whatever. They need a Jonathon Toews or Crosby type player.

lol, I can't believe you actually said that about one of your favorite players to hate

Confident Fan
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

Homer wrote:
Russell wrote:
senior wrote:

Laffs lose 3-2 in OT. No loser points suckers.

but not before they were up 2-0, just to give their poor fool fans hope. that's always the best part.

The caps have been coasting for a few weeks now, they just needed a game to get back on track. 

just turned this on and it's another OT!?!?!? What is up w Washington?   

Jedi Master
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Couldn't stay awake until the end.. sad they lost in OT

I know u and Kat live out in that Province or used to but the Sharks are still my #2 team and after last nights game that the Sharks lost u guys should be more encouraged the way the Oilers are WAY more quick and faster than SanJose.  It's was amazing how much the Sharks couldn't do against the Oilers when the Oilers put their minds to stopping SanJose. sheesh

I didn't get to watch last night's game, but it sure seemed like the Oilers have found their game, and the way to beat the Sharks.  We'll see when the series moves to San Jose though.

Confident Fan
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

I know u and Kat live out in that Province or used to but the Sharks are still my #2 team and after last nights game that the Sharks lost u guys should be more encouraged the way the Oilers are WAY more quick and faster than SanJose.  It's was amazing how much the Sharks couldn't do against the Oilers when the Oilers put their minds to stopping SanJose. sheesh

Too true... you know, in the end all I want to see are good games and that series is turning out to be out to be extremely fast with lots of chances on both ends.

I always forget TJ - do you support or hate the Ducks? (there's one team out there you don't like right?)

I really hate the Ducks, anyone who is a rival of Ottawa or SanJose.  I kinda like Vancouver too cause I like the city so much

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:
senior wrote:

but not before they were up 2-0, just to give their poor fool fans hope. that's always the best part.

The caps have been coasting for a few weeks now, they just needed a game to get back on track. 

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Too true... you know, in the end all I want to see are good games and that series is turning out to be out to be extremely fast with lots of chances on both ends.

I always forget TJ - do you support or hate the Ducks? (there's one team out there you don't like right?)

Confident Fan
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Russell wrote:

What a shock. Laffs get their opening night game as the only one on hnic, no other eastern conference games up against them. Must be a coincidence.

Strange how that sort of thing happens where the laffs are concerned.

«First  <  1 2 3 4  >  Last»  | Page of 4  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.