Post Info
Jedi Master
Date:
RE: Game 58 - Sens @ Jersey Boys - Tue Feb 21, 7:00pm

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

So, non-hockey question. Hypothetically, if you had been living in Alberta for a few years, and you were considering moving back to Ontario, and you knew you were going to rent an apartment or condo for awhile (where you would be working from home)... would you choose to spend the maximum you can on rent to get a high-end place with some amenities and underground parking.... or spend less on a not quite as nice place with no amenities and outdooor parking that would let you save more?

Hypothetically, of course

location also factors in price.   if working from home, then living downtown or near downtown would be more expensive without benefit of saving on  on parking/transit (assuming office would be downtown)

Would you be contractor/self employed? I've never done it, but you can expense quite a bit like part of rent for home office, cell, internet and probably other things.

Keeping the same job, actually... they are moving a lot towards the telecommuting thing for employees that have no real reason that they have to be in the office.

But yeah, of the higher-end places that I'm looking at, one of them is right downtown, and of course more expensive... but then there's the advantage of having so much within walking distance...

Thinking BeaverTail?

woohoo!!!

But Kingston doesn't have any permanent BeaverTail stands... so it's more hit and miss

Alumni
Date:

Hey, I got the right score, so did Kat.  We're coming after you Russell

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:
Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

So, non-hockey question. Hypothetically, if you had been living in Alberta for a few years, and you were considering moving back to Ontario, and you knew you were going to rent an apartment or condo for awhile (where you would be working from home)... would you choose to spend the maximum you can on rent to get a high-end place with some amenities and underground parking.... or spend less on a not quite as nice place with no amenities and outdooor parking that would let you save more?

location also factors in price.   if working from home, then living downtown or near downtown would be more expensive without benefit of saving on  on parking/transit (assuming office would be downtown)

Would you be contractor/self employed? I've never done it, but you can expense quite a bit like part of rent for home office, cell, internet and probably other things.

What does rent go for these days anyway? (Alberta vs Ontario)

House rentals is where you see the biggest difference.  Right now rental prices in Alberta are a bit depressed because of the recession, but even still, comparable houses here go for anywhere from $400-$600 more per month. 

The place I'm in right now I got really cheap because they were desperate to get it rented out,  but if you ignore that, condos go for about $300-$400 a month more.

There are no rent controls of any kind here, it's pretty free-market and it gets bad during a boom.

Confident Fan
Date:

WOW!! Just saw the EK goal 🥅 that was an amazing shot

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Keeping the same job, actually... they are moving a lot towards the telecommuting thing for employees that have no real reason that they have to be in the office.

But yeah, of the higher-end places that I'm looking at, one of them is right downtown, and of course more expensive... but then there's the advantage of having so much within walking distance...

Thinking BeaverTail?

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

What does rent go for these days anyway? (Alberta vs Ontario)

Confident Fan
Date:

SensKat wrote:

hey, they won!

thank goodness Jersey is SO bad on offence 

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:

that was some hit on lazar.

That was, surprised he jumped right up

He has a habit of taking big hits. He's gotta learn to keep his head up.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Jedi Master
Date:

hey, they won!

Jedi Master
Date:

Russell wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Russell wrote:
SensKat wrote:

you should get a place where you could have several cats.

I think 2 is quite enough!

ppffffftttt! 2 is just a starter kit.

Trust me, in an apartment 2 is plenty!

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:

That was, surprised he jumped right up

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Russell wrote:
SensKat wrote:

ppffffftttt! 2 is just a starter kit.

Jedi Master
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
SensKat wrote:

I'm cheap so don't listen to anything I say

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Tuesday 21st of February 2017 09:12:06 PM

lol.  The cheap part of me is part of what is battling over this!

Confident Fan
Date:

Sens gotta stay aggressive or this will get away from them like it's doing right now

Jedi Master
Date:

Russell wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Confident Fan
Date:

SensKat wrote:

I'm cheap so don't listen to anything I say

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Tuesday 21st of February 2017 09:12:06 PM

1 2 3  >  Last»  | Page of 3  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.