Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Expansion Draft: Ryan vs Dzingle

Post Info
Jedi Master
Date:
Expansion Draft: Ryan vs Dzingle

Apparently his particular NTC doesn't automatically protect him - so he can be exposed.

Alumni
Date:

Ryan has a M-NTC (10 teams he can't be traded to)  What's the rules on this?  If he doesn't include Vegas as one of those teams, can the Sens expose him in the draft?

I'd hate to lose Dzingle, he's always engaged in the play, he's producing. Turris, Stone, Hoffman Dzingle are a great foundation for years to come.

Alumni
Date:

I think if they leave Ryan unprotected and he doesn't get picked up he'll start sulking like Heatley and think he's unwanted.

Jedi Master
Date:

So all of you would take the chance on leaving Ryan exposed to protect Dzingle? I would at this point, but of course there is a risk it could come back to bite us later.

Alumni
Date:

It was also mentioned that they could ask Phaneuf to waive his NTC and then expose him, as there is virtually no chance he and his contract would be taken. that saves one spot. Same may apply to Ryan although there is a small chance he might be chosen, but probably not. 

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
SensKat wrote:

So the analysts at TSN are suggesting that the team could choose to expose Ryan in order to protect Dzingle.  What do you guys think?  Would you do it at this point?

At this point and there is a real long way to go, no way Vegas picks up that contract. So if I'm Ottawa at this time I'd leave him unprotected. 

If they leave Ryan exposed (leave it alone Russell) Vegas may take him and try and trade him to someone with cap space for prospects or draft picks. A couple of guys on, I think it was on Sportsnet, were going over all the different scenarios we could see leading up to the trade deadline. Players teams can't protect may be offered pretty cheap.

Confident Fan
Date:

SensKat wrote:

So the analysts at TSN are suggesting that the team could choose to expose Ryan in order to protect Dzingle.  What do you guys think?  Would you do it at this point?

At this point and there is a real long way to go, no way Vegas picks up that contract. So if I'm Ottawa at this time I'd leave him unprotected. 

Jedi Master
Date:

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.