Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: General Sens news, comments, rants etc.

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: General Sens news, comments, rants etc.

senior wrote:

It's no secret that the Sens have had no faith in their 4th line in quite a while. If they can't improve their top 6 might as well strengthen bottom 6. I doubt Lazar or Neil are going to see a lot of ice time the rest of the season. Also says a lot about what the Sens think of the talent in their system.

pretty much. Also, have to do something to keep EK65 and Andy happy. Now is the time to take a shot as Andy's getting older and EK is probably getting antsy.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

It's no secret that the Sens have had no faith in their 4th line in quite a while. If they can't improve their top 6 might as well strengthen bottom 6. I doubt Lazar or Neil are going to see a lot of ice time the rest of the season. Also says a lot about what the Sens think of the talent in their system.

Confident Fan
Date:

Stalberg for a 3rd rounder per Darren Dreger:

9 G and 3 A's in 57 games and a -6 for Carolina, Stalberg is a ex-Leafer so he's got that going for him.
Burrows 9 G and 11 A's and a -3 in 55 games.

Loading up on those 3rd and 4th liners.

Wingels 29 in April , Stalberg just turned 31 and Burrows 36 in April for 7th round pick, 3rd rounder and a legit prospect (by some) who was a 2nd rounder.
I'm guessing they replace Neil and Lazar in the lineup moving forward.

If they were giving up 7th rounders like they did for Wingels then I'm all in on these guys but a 36 year old and a meh player in Stalberg for 3rd and legit prospect not liking. But I've been wrong before and will be again.

Confident Fan
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:

Burrows wasn't picked up to score 30 goals. He was picked up to provide RW depth on the 3rd/4th line and fill some of the leadership void with MacArthur not there. He wasn't going to waive his NTC without an extension and with Vegas and the rest of the league needing to fill roster spots FA is going to be nuts this year with the increased cap. Prices will be high for even depth, so locking him in gives us an expansion eligible forward and likely below market rate in July.

Dahlen is more likely to follow the career path of Marcus Sorensen, remember how high people were on him tearing up the Swedish 1st division?

All I can say is I hope you are right obviously, but I do watch just about every Vancouver game and Burrows had been a very good player for them. But sheesh he's been falling off the cliff for a couple of years now.  The radio home of the Canucks were shocked they brought him back this season and to get a 2nd round pick prospect for him they were shocked and happy with the trade.  I don't remember Sorensen at all but again I hope to heck you are right.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Wait!!! They extended Burrows?!? Why? Just look at HockeyDB and u know u don't need to extend a decreasing player.

Help!!! Where's Muckler???? 😂😎

I suspect that the extension was part of the deal to get Burrows to waive his no trade clause.

Alumni
Date:

Burrows wasn't picked up to score 30 goals. He was picked up to provide RW depth on the 3rd/4th line and fill some of the leadership void with MacArthur not there. He wasn't going to waive his NTC without an extension and with Vegas and the rest of the league needing to fill roster spots FA is going to be nuts this year with the increased cap. Prices will be high for even depth, so locking him in gives us an expansion eligible forward and likely below market rate in July.

Dahlen is more likely to follow the career path of Marcus Sorensen, remember how high people were on him tearing up the Swedish 1st division?

Confident Fan
Date:

Wait!!! They extended Burrows?!? Why? Just look at HockeyDB and u know u don't need to extend a decreasing player.

Help!!! Where's Muckler???? 😂😎

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:

Sens fans: DO SOMETHING! WE WANT TO WIN NOW!!!

Sens do something

sens fans: WTF ARE YOU DOING!!!!???? NOT THAT!!!

Just look at Hockey DB and you can tell Burrows has lost a step or 3 from his 30 Goal scoring days--Let's hope Dahlen doesn't end up like the Sami Salo trade and he goes on to have a solid career like Salo did for Canucks 

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Monday 27th of February 2017 10:51:13 PM

Alumni
Date:

Sens fans: DO SOMETHING! WE WANT TO WIN NOW!!!

Sens do something

sens fans: WTF ARE YOU DOING!!!!???? NOT THAT!!!

-- Edited by Russell on Monday 27th of February 2017 08:32:29 PM

Alumni
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

Burrows: An older Ruutu.....colour me jaded on this move, especially with an extension, an existing NTC (which means he has to be protected in the expansion draft) and he is already 36.

Re: NTC - Expiring NMCs do not need to protected for expansion.  He has a NTC which means even less.  He does not need to be protected.

Re: The extension - More than half of our bottom 6 is UFA (Kelly, Neil, Wingels, Pyatt) Or will be traded (Lazar).  We were going to sign somebody and $2.5M per for 2 years is not a killer for a guy like Burrows. He is still useful but needs to get his minutes down.  He's being overplayed in Vancouver and it shows.  He also provided RW depth which the Sens do not have.

We don't have enough forwards that meet the requirements for being exposed in the draft.  Burrows and Ryan with contracts mean we can sit on our RFAs.  So another plus.

The price:  Last year's 2nd round pick Dahlen who is playing well in the Tier 2 Swedish league.  He's at least 3-5 years from making an impact on this team.  I think the development of Chlapik made him expendable.

Alumni
Date:

My guy in Vancouver says burrows has not been good this year, looks like he's out of gas. Hopefully he'll be re- invigorated here.  Or better than wingels. 

Alumni
Date:

Burrows: An older Ruutu.....colour me jaded on this move, especially with an extension, an existing NTC (which means he has to be protected in the expansion draft) and he is already 36.

Alumni
Date:

This might be a reaction to the possibility of meeting the laffs in the playoffs. losing to the leafs in a first year rebuild, would be cataclysmic. 

Jedi Master
Date:

Burrows.... interesting choice

Alumni
Date:

we gave up jonathan dahlen for Burrows. don;t know anything about him. I guess time will tell if we blew this or not.

Alumni
Date:

rumour has it sens are looking at Burrows in Van. I have a call out to my sources out there, to get a scouting report on him.

sounds like its going to happen.

-- Edited by Russell on Monday 27th of February 2017 04:32:43 PM

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:

Can't say I understand this signing. Maybe Boucher knew him in Europe. Doesn't say much about Sens faith in the players in their system.

http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/nhl/senatorsextra/senators-getting-playoff-depth-from-switzerland-report

i think this means lazar is going bye bye.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Can't say I understand this signing. Maybe Boucher knew him in Europe. Doesn't say much about Sens faith in the players in their system.

http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/nhl/senatorsextra/senators-getting-playoff-depth-from-switzerland-report

Alumni
Date:

Chances are the Avs are asking for Ceci-White-1st (since White is now included I think Chabot is off the table). You'll have to move a center to try and fill the gap on D. Between the salary implications and the fact that the upgrade from Turris or Brassard to Duchene is not worth that package I hope Dorion stays the hell away.

-- Edited by Agent Orange on Friday 24th of February 2017 06:17:10 PM

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

If they signed him they would have to dump Ryan. And I can't see anyone being silly enough to take his salary. Unless they could find someone who needs to get to the salary cap floor. And I don't want to see the Sens give up a bunch of young prospects just to get a guy they think can get them into the playoffs. I can't see this team going deep into the playoffs with or without Duchene.

«First  <  1 2 3 46  >  Last»  | Page of 6  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.