Remember Me  

Topic: Off Season Sens News 2016

Post Info
Confident Fan
Date:
RE: Off Season Sens News 2016

Agent Orange wrote:
senior wrote:

So hypothetically speaking, the Sens are approached by a team that offers a late first round pick and a prospect for Bobby Ryan and his contract. Would you consider it? Has he really earned his money? Do you think Melnyk might consider it?

Would have to be a high level prospect, but probably still no.

Ryan may be about $1 million overpaid for what he has shown so far, but he is still an effective player and with some better coaching/stability I think he'll be more consistent this upcoming season and probably hit 65pts or better.  That was top 25 in the league this year.  There are worse contracts out there.

That coaching staff I believe is going to make a real difference in this years team and hopefully they can light a real fire under Ryan.  Even the bad coaching staffs have been able to get this bunch of Senators to play well at least in the first year.

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:

So hypothetically speaking, the Sens are approached by a team that offers a late first round pick and a prospect for Bobby Ryan and his contract. Would you consider it? Has he really earned his money? Do you think Melnyk might consider it?

Would have to be a high level prospect, but probably still no.

Ryan may be about $1 million overpaid for what he has shown so far, but he is still an effective player and with some better coaching/stability I think he'll be more consistent this upcoming season and probably hit 65pts or better.  That was top 25 in the league this year.  There are worse contracts out there.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Alumni
Date:

Senators have called a news conference for noon on Thursday for Chris Phillips to discuss his future. I hope the team can find some sort of ambassadorial or minister-without-portfolio role for him if he isn't moving into a coaching/teaching/office role.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Sens sign Tom Pyatt to one year deal.

http://www.tsn.ca/senators-sign-f-pyatt-to-one-year-deal-1.495105

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 | Page of 5  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.