Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Off Season Sens News 2016

Post Info
Confident Fan
Date:
RE: Off Season Sens News 2016

senior wrote:

So if Cici signs for 4 million a year, that means, if the info I got is accurate, that the Sens are within 5 million of the cap. Guess we can't complain about the team being cheap anymore.

The cap hasn't went up to much of any degree and soon every team that's any good at all will be at the top of the cap

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

I'm glad the signing is done - maybe a smidge high on the money, but not a bad contract at all.

Compared to what's being handed out now, the $ are very reasonable for a 29 goal scorer. This is a great deal if he continues to score at that rate. 

Jedi Master
Date:

I'm glad the signing is done - maybe a smidge high on the money, but not a bad contract at all.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

So if Cici signs for 4 million a year, that means, if the info I got is accurate, that the Sens are within 5 million of the cap. Guess we can't complain about the team being cheap anymore.

Alumni
Date:

If you include last year's bargain deal from arbitration, it is AAV of around $4.3M per year.

Confident Fan
Date:

Saw on Twitter that Hoffman 4 yrs at a little over 20M, if this were the NBA it would be 4 yrs 70-75M. That's no exaggeration

Alumni
Date:

While on paper it looks one-sided giving up both the younger player and the higher pick, I like it.

Brassard is a left handed play-making center, something the team needed desperately. He's a better fit for getting Ryan going and can play on the PK, both of which makes the team better. He's cheap with low salary relative to cap hit, freeing up money for both Ceci and Hoffman. It also means that Turris likely gets re-signed now whereas that may have been unlikely after Zibby's potential deal next summer.

I think the rise of Pageau last season and the selection of Brown made Zibby expendable. Now Pageau isn't a 2C, but he showed he could play up if need be.

I like Zibby and love his potential. I would have loved to see what next season would have been like after increasing his work ethic this summer. But it has been close to 300 games with steady, but not consistent improvement. He may get there, but they can't wait forever while sitting on Karlsson's prime and cheap years.

Alumni
Date:

also, the 2nd rounder now looks like the price for NYR picking up the $2 million bonus to Z-bad.

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:

I hope Brassard can kill penalties because Zbad was one of our best pk guys. And our penalty kill was not impressive last season. 

-- Edited by senior on Monday 18th of July 2016 11:39:09 PM

kelly, phaneuf and coaching should fix that. Brassard should fix PP.

Alumni
Date:

The 2nd in Zibanejad/Brassard is for the fixed price and low contract. Based on deals signed this summer. Z-bad gets 5 x 7 next summer.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

I hope Brassard can kill penalties because Zbad was one of our best pk guys. And our penalty kill was not impressive last season. 

-- Edited by senior on Monday 18th of July 2016 11:39:09 PM

Confident Fan
Date:

SensDawg wrote:

Good move by Dorion.

Brassard has proven he has what it takes to play hard play off hockey.  Mikachu has shown flashes of using his size, speed, strength and shot but doesn't have the mental toughness/aggressiveness to assert himself consistently on the ice.

The 2nd rounder is in 2018 - can anyone say how deep that draft is? What's to say the Sens don't get a 2nd rounder back from another team.  All about scouting - plenty of examples of that.  You can pull out miracles with crappy draft position or you can crap the bed with several 1st rounders.

I hope this move wakes up the team a little. 

it's funny how little return all the teams in the NHL get on 2nd round picks, over the last 7 years I found only 6 guys who are above average players and that's out of 210 picks.  Some of them over the last 2-3 years have not had an opportunity to play in NHL yet but it just shows that anything after the 1st round.......Now those 6th rounders (Alfie and Stone) are gold.

Alumni
Date:

reaction to this trade is polarizing like ZBad's game from night to night. 

Alumni
Date:

Good move by Dorion.

Brassard has proven he has what it takes to play hard play off hockey.  Mikachu has shown flashes of using his size, speed, strength and shot but doesn't have the mental toughness/aggressiveness to assert himself consistently on the ice.

The 2nd rounder is in 2018 - can anyone say how deep that draft is? What's to say the Sens don't get a 2nd rounder back from another team.  All about scouting - plenty of examples of that.  You can pull out miracles with crappy draft position or you can crap the bed with several 1st rounders.

I hope this move wakes up the team a little. 

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Interesting comparison of the two players. Very similar stats. Not sure what this trade accomplishes. Is he really going to improve the Sens next year? I got to think the Rangers got  the better of this deal.

http://www.tsn.ca/statistically-speaking-zibanejad-adds-value-to-rangers-1.528649

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Well I guess they want to win now
Brassard will be 29 before the season starts so he's at least 5 years older than ZBad. His G scoring has improved his last 3 yrs in NY to 27 last year. I'm somewhat disappointed that ZBad is gone it sounded like he rededicated himself.
Turris, Broussard, Smith and Pageu are now the 4 Centers? Who is the 1 2 3 4 Centers and what lines? Did Smith score those G's last year as a C or W?

smith will likely stay on the wing. kelly, lazar could be C4, or nick Paul.

Z-bad is the perfect example of that guy who you think has another gear, but you keep waiting to see it. I guess Dorion has waited long enough. Maybe a savvy move or one we'll regret 3-4 years from now. Brassard makes the Sens better, right now. The exchange of draft picks is questionable. getting the older player, you'd think we would have got the 2nd rounder.

Tough one to call.  Could be a good move, or one to regret 3-4 years down the road.  ZBad just put up two 20 goal seasons, while Brassard, put up 18 and 19 goal seasons, before scoring 27 last season.  

Zbad has the potential to be a 30 goal scorer, but has been lacking consistency.  Also would have liked to have that pick coming our way instead or simple player swap.  

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Brassard will be 29 before the season starts so he's at least 5 years older than ZBad. His G scoring has improved his last 3 yrs in NY to 27 last year. I'm somewhat disappointed that ZBad is gone it sounded like he rededicated himself.
Turris, Broussard, Smith and Pageu are now the 4 Centers? Who is the 1 2 3 4 Centers and what lines? Did Smith score those G's last year as a C or W?

smith will likely stay on the wing. kelly, lazar could be C4, or nick Paul.

Z-bad is the perfect example of that guy who you think has another gear, but you keep waiting to see it. I guess Dorion has waited long enough. Maybe a savvy move or one we'll regret 3-4 years from now. Brassard makes the Sens better, right now. The exchange of draft picks is questionable. getting the older player, you'd think we would have got the 2nd rounder.

Confident Fan
Date:

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

A NYRangers friend of mine says Derek Brassard is now a Senator???? A fan 

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Monday 18th of July 2016 02:44:44 PM

Is true.

http://www.tsn.ca/sens-acquire-brassard-for-zibanejad-1.528574

Confident Fan
Date:

A NYRangers friend of mine says Derek Brassard is now a Senator???? A fan 

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Monday 18th of July 2016 02:44:44 PM

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5  >  Last»  | Page of 5  sorted by