Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Off Season Sens News 2016

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Off Season Sens News 2016

Ottawa Senators ‏@Senators  

Kyle Turris (home) and Dion Phaneuf (road) will split duties as alternate captains this season. Neil will continue to wear the A for both.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Apparently there is a Sens/lafs game on TSN at 6:00.

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:

Sens officially announce that Belleville will be the new AHL affiliate starting in 2017-18

That would be really cool if I was still living in Kingston... lol

Alumni
Date:

Sens officially announce that Belleville will be the new AHL affiliate starting in 2017-18

Confident Fan
Date:

Homer wrote:
Kardinal wrote:

Cody Ceci was signed today:

2 yrs, $5.6M contract ($2.8M AAV)

I'd say that's reasonable and a good opportunity to see how much he is truly worth.   It also means that two seasons from now we will have Boro and Wideman as UFAs and Ceci as an RFA.   One year after that, it's EK65 and MM3 needing  new contracts (if the team's D still looks the same as it does today -- I somehow doubt that).

$2.8 million average ($2.25M, $3.35M).  So 3.35 would be starting point for next contract.

EK65's next contract will be an interesting one.

EK's contract will start at whatever Subban is making and go from there you gotta believe

Alumni
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

Methot might also be lost in the expansion draft.

So Methot's caphit goes to EK65 when contract is up?

Also Methot has a M-NTC (list of 20 teams he can be traded to)  Guessing he would have to include Las Vegas to be left exposed in the expansion draft.

Alumni
Date:

Methot might also be lost in the expansion draft.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Homer wrote:
Kardinal wrote:

I'd say that's reasonable and a good opportunity to see how much he is truly worth.   It also means that two seasons from now we will have Boro and Wideman as UFAs and Ceci as an RFA.   One year after that, it's EK65 and MM3 needing  new contracts (if the team's D still looks the same as it does today -- I somehow doubt that).

$2.8 million average ($2.25M, $3.35M).  So 3.35 would be starting point for next contract.

Figured it would cost them about 3 million a year so not far off. Kind of doubt Methot will be re-signed when his contract expires. 

Alumni
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Why announce it during the Olympics when everyone's attention is focused there?

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
senior wrote:

Sens announce Alfie's number to be retired.

http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/local-sports/ottawa-senators-to-retire-alfredssons-no-11-jersey

While I agree it needs to be done, and it's a great gesture.... kind of silly the way they went about the press conference, the "Significant Hockey Announcement" thing...

someone announced its was his speech to announce his upcoming speech. Whatever, he's a GOLDEN GAWD!

Confident Fan
Date:

SensKat wrote:
senior wrote:

http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/local-sports/ottawa-senators-to-retire-alfredssons-no-11-jersey

While I agree it needs to be done, and it's a great gesture.... kind of silly the way they went about the press conference, the "Significant Hockey Announcement" thing...

almost as silly as voting Toronto the #1 front office etc. etc. (must admit I missed all those Cup runs to get that coveted spot)

Jedi Master
Date:

senior wrote:

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

Has anyone at the Score heard of the Blackhawks or Kings?

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

The Score a sports website just ranked all the NHL teams by owner and front offices and the Senators were ranked 27th out of 30.
You'll never ever guess who was the new #1.

Or maybe some of you may but you gotta go to Sens Chirp on Twitter or the reputable site the Score to find out

its like a lot of contracts these days. handed out on potential, but zero results.

Exactly 

but how the F do they get #1 when they have literally not won anything for more than a decade?

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

The Score a sports website just ranked all the NHL teams by owner and front offices and the Senators were ranked 27th out of 30.

Or maybe some of you may but you gotta go to Sens Chirp on Twitter or the reputable site the Score to find out

its like a lot of contracts these days. handed out on potential, but zero results.

Confident Fan
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

Downloaded a new SensCallups podcast today, it looks like they are making fun of a trade that happened in Montreal.

1 2 35  >  Last»  | Page of 5  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.