Pie Connoisseur
Date:
RE: Summer bbq recipes & ideas

SensKat wrote:
senior wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

You know what sucks? When you fire up the bbq for the first time of the season, put your nice juicy steaks on to grill.... come back to check on them and you've run out of propane.

AAAGHH!!

that's why I have a spare tank. swap the tank and get the empty one filled up before the other runs out.

I used to do that too, but it's not as easy when you live in an apartment - limited storage space.

Plus, out here there are only 2 places that sell propane, Co-op or Costco.  So I can only go to Co-op for a refill, and the nearest one is now a 20 minute drive away.  Sigh.

You live in Calgary and have trouble getting gas?

I think propane is considered some kind of immoral competitor or something. 

Yes. The devil's gas. Burnt my chicken tonight just because I wasn't paying attention.

Jedi Master
Date:

senior wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

You know what sucks? When you fire up the bbq for the first time of the season, put your nice juicy steaks on to grill.... come back to check on them and you've run out of propane.

AAAGHH!!

that's why I have a spare tank. swap the tank and get the empty one filled up before the other runs out.

I used to do that too, but it's not as easy when you live in an apartment - limited storage space.

Plus, out here there are only 2 places that sell propane, Co-op or Costco.  So I can only go to Co-op for a refill, and the nearest one is now a 20 minute drive away.  Sigh.

I think propane is considered some kind of immoral competitor or something. 

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

AAAGHH!!

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

AAAGHH!!

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

AAAGHH!!

Jedi Master
Date:

AAAGHH!!

Alumni
Date:

image.jpg

Attachments
Alumni
Date:

Cbinc wrote:
senior wrote:
Russell wrote:

Bacon.

With a side order of bacon.

with bacon bits on top!

And 2 hard boiled eggs. 

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:

hey, its Senior's birthday. that's right, somehow, he got even more senior!

Happy Birthday 

bacon-cake.jpg

Zinfandel Expert
Date:

senior wrote:
Russell wrote:

Bacon.

with bacon bits on top!

Alumni
Date:

hey, its Senior's birthday. that's right, somehow, he got even more senior!

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Russell wrote:

Bacon.

Alumni
Date:

Back in the SU days, the Bacon Explosion started this food thing in the threads.  it even spawned it's own thread that migrated to the Call-ups forums.

Don't cook over direct heat or it will catch fire.

Alumni
Date:

Bacon.

Pan
Alumni
Date:

As mentioned on the show, this thread is to share bbq ideas or recipes

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.