Remember Me  

Topic: Changes are a coming

Post Info
Confident Fan
Date:
RE: Changes are a coming

Russell wrote:
Pan wrote:

Don Brennan wrote a piece today about how the Sens should go after Stamkos. The same people who have complained about the team not spending now don't want Stamkos because he's expensive. Unbelievable.

has it not been pointed out of late, the team's payroll is only 4 million shy of the cap? The whole notion they are a budget team is kinda BS, no?

Russell's right, but when isn't he?

They spend money right along with everyone else except a few teams it just that they have to tell everyone everytime they open their mouths that they are a budget team.  Stop it!!!  Just quit talking about it Pierre Dorion.  

Mike Yeo!?!!?!?!?!?!  When I believe most fans said they wanted someone with experience they wanted proven experience not a guy who was just fired because his team quit on him it sure seems this mid season.  The Wild then get an interim coach who pushes them into the playoffs.  Don't go after THAT guy, Please!!!

Alumni
Date:

Luke Richardson, moving along. No head coaching opportunity for him with Sens so he's looking elsewhere. 

Alumni
Date:

Oh God that Guy Boucher clip... burn it!!!

Pan
Alumni
Date:

I'll be mentioning that on the next episode on Friday ;)

Alumni
Date:

Pan wrote:

Don Brennan wrote a piece today about how the Sens should go after Stamkos. The same people who have complained about the team not spending now don't want Stamkos because he's expensive. Unbelievable.

has it not been pointed out of late, the team's payroll is only 4 million shy of the cap? The whole notion they are a budget team is kinda BS, no?

Pan
Alumni
Date:

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Whoever they bring in I don't want us to become another NJ Devils snooze fest team. Bab**** showed in Detroit that you can be defensively responsible and still be exciting.

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:
Homer wrote:
Russell wrote:

Apparently Hitch has lightened up a little, over the years.

So like Shredder in year 7 of the podcast

no, that was more like " i don't give a crap anymore."

For craps and giggles, listening to last years SU re-union show

Love TVA's intro

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
Russell wrote:

no, that was more like " i don't give a crap anymore."

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Pan
Alumni
Date:

Hitch won in Dallas, but he'd be very hard on the players. Crawford might be the best fit - and I don't especially like him either

Alumni
Date:

SensDawg wrote:
Russell wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

I wouldn't mind Hitch**** to be honest, but his defensive-shell playing is worrisome. Sure it brings results but it's boring as hell to watch and this is a very offensive-minded team.

...Rumours are out there that Montreal wants to get rid of Subban? Anyone else hearing this? (I got this from my rumour pool in my area)

hitch would make them nastier/tougher to play against than they are now. i wouldn't mind that.

My two concerns with Hitch would be:

1. Would he have the players to follow his philosophy (i.e. play tougher and more responsible)?  Or would he get frustrated with them playing soft and irresponsible.

2. Does he have the cup winning / long playoff coaching experience?  I don't think so but I have not looked up his playoff stats.

Similar concerns here,  does anyone see Hoffman buy into a defensive system that Hitch**** would bring?  How long before he loses the dressing room. 

I really don't know who would be a good fit here.  Would like someone who would figure out how to use Lazar.  He was rushed into the league, but I don' think he is ruined.  Given the right coach, I think he can do well. 

Same goes for Guy Boucher.  Do you want to see this in Ottawa 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VV1PrbkK3E

-- Edited by Homer on Thursday 14th of April 2016 07:14:30 PM

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

I wouldn't mind Hitch**** to be honest, but his defensive-shell playing is worrisome. Sure it brings results but it's boring as hell to watch and this is a very offensive-minded team.

...Rumours are out there that Montreal wants to get rid of Subban? Anyone else hearing this? (I got this from my rumour pool in my area)

hitch would make them nastier/tougher to play against than they are now. i wouldn't mind that.

My two concerns with Hitch would be:

1. Would he have the players to follow his philosophy (i.e. play tougher and more responsible)?  Or would he get frustrated with them playing soft and irresponsible.

2. Does he have the cup winning / long playoff coaching experience?  I don't think so but I have not looked up his playoff stats.

Alumni
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

I'd be fine with Martin coming back as an assistant. he is a great teacher of systems, but not as head coach. Not sure Boucher has the level of respect these guys need. They need someone that no one can question. I like the idea of Hitchjunk.

Jedi Master
Date:

He does, but he is kind of what we need to whip the defensive game into shape.

Pan
Alumni
Date:

Martin would be ok but he's got a hell of a good thing going in Pittsburgh

Jedi Master
Date:

How would you guys feel about bringing Martin back for a couple of years?

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 6  >  Last»  | Page of 6  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.