Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Changes are a coming

Post Info
Pie Connoisseur
Date:
RE: Changes are a coming

Interesting article on Guy Boucher:

http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/nhl/senatorsextra/boucher-brings-creative-mindset-to-senators

Confident Fan
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
SensDawg wrote:

Don't forget Patrick Eaves! Don't think seguin has played. He's been injured.

I'd forgot all about Eaves being on that team, I honestly thought he retired years ago.  Or was told he wasn't good enough and was told to retire.

lol if anyone watched the Dallas/Blues game last night it was a total disgrace... and I guess proves our point about the Dallas D....

and that tandem of 11.5M goalies, at least that's what I thought I heard they were being paid this morning. 

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
SensDawg wrote:

I'd forgot all about Eaves being on that team, I honestly thought he retired years ago.  Or was told he wasn't good enough and was told to retire.

lol if anyone watched the Dallas/Blues game last night it was a total disgrace... and I guess proves our point about the Dallas D....

Confident Fan
Date:

SensDawg wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:

I love how one game has been immortalized in a YouTube clip to define a man's career. The 1-3-1 was run to cover for Tampa's terrible defense and goaltending at the time. The Sens are much better on both fronts and I expect that system to rarely, if ever, see the light of day.

sens have better D than someone? anyone?

the BSens?

Edmonton! ...Also Dallas' D is sh*t, after they almost gave up a 3 goal lead last night. They win because they have Seguin and Benn... (and spezza... *sob*)

-- Edited by Spezzial-Delivery on Tuesday 10th of May 2016 01:53:18 PM

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:

I love how one game has been immortalized in a YouTube clip to define a man's career. The 1-3-1 was run to cover for Tampa's terrible defense and goaltending at the time. The Sens are much better on both fronts and I expect that system to rarely, if ever, see the light of day.

the BSens?

Confident Fan
Date:

Pan wrote:

Ive totally turned around on this. I hated it at first but today sold me on everything. Every time Dorion talks, I agree and understand 100%. Then Melnyk usually talks for some reason....

is that ever the truth.....

Alumni
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:

Pan
Alumni
Date:

Ive totally turned around on this. I hated it at first but today sold me on everything. Every time Dorion talks, I agree and understand 100%. Then Melnyk usually talks for some reason....

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

I actually don't care much one way or the other about Boucher.  We've heard it all before, just have to wait and see if players buy in. But, I do like the idea of Crawford being along for the ride. It has a comfort level to it.

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
senior wrote:

On the plus side, Boucher will teach them to play better defensively and will cut down on the number of scoring chances they give up. On the minus side, will we become New Jersey north?

We'll have #UnitedInBed threads for 7pm starts

Like, but don't like.

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:

On the plus side, Boucher will teach them to play better defensively and will cut down on the number of scoring chances they give up. On the minus side, will we become New Jersey north?

We'll have #UnitedInBed threads for 7pm starts

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

that Tampa v Philly game was some exciting hockey for sure

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensDawg wrote:
Russell wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

I wouldn't mind Hitch**** to be honest, but his defensive-shell playing is worrisome. Sure it brings results but it's boring as hell to watch and this is a very offensive-minded team.

...Rumours are out there that Montreal wants to get rid of Subban? Anyone else hearing this? (I got this from my rumour pool in my area)

hitch would make them nastier/tougher to play against than they are now. i wouldn't mind that.

My two concerns with Hitch would be:

1. Would he have the players to follow his philosophy (i.e. play tougher and more responsible)?  Or would he get frustrated with them playing soft and irresponsible.

2. Does he have the cup winning / long playoff coaching experience?  I don't think so but I have not looked up his playoff stats.

Similar concerns here,  does anyone see Hoffman buy into a defensive system that Hitch**** would bring?  How long before he loses the dressing room. 

I really don't know who would be a good fit here.  Would like someone who would figure out how to use Lazar.  He was rushed into the league, but I don' think he is ruined.  Given the right coach, I think he can do well. 

Same goes for Guy Boucher.  Do you want to see this in Ottawa 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VV1PrbkK3E

So Sens hire Boucher...   Well all I have to say now is that I absolutely don't want to win the lottery.

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:

Honestly, I don't think it matters who the coach is until the players decide to buy in. 

This time if the players don't buy in, they have to get new players.

He does look like a Bond villain and yes I do believe that Senior is never wrong either

i believe you are wrong about that.

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:

Honestly, I don't think it matters who the coach is until the players decide to buy in. 

This time if the players don't buy in, they have to get new players.

He does look like a Bond villain and yes I do believe that Senior is never wrong either

Alumni
Date:

1 2 36  >  Last»  | Page of 6  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.