Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Trading Anderson?

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
Trading Anderson?

I'm not in a hurry to trade Anderson. Sorry, but Lehner just hasn't proven himself enough yet. Unless we're willing to start the tank for real (which I would be OK with, if it meant a real cornerstone in return).

Otherwise, Anderson has proven to be one of the most consistent goalies in the league; he's signed for a few more years. Enjoy it while it lasts. 

Also, is it strange to ask for a D in return? I know we could use a top-6 F, but isn't our real problem on defense? 

#TeamJerk 

-- Edited by labru on Tuesday 20th of January 2015 07:30:42 AM

Alumni
Date:

I think it's still a bit early to think about trading him. Better to wait until we're a little closer to the trade deadline (and other GMs start to get a little stupid) and see what other teams would be willing to offer. 

Confident Fan
Date:

Leafs game coming up, since they are slumping so bad that's gotta be a victory for our heroes, right?

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Monday 19th of January 2015 09:33:48 PM

Confident Fan
Date:

Homer wrote:

Breaking News as reported by the Sun's Bruce Garrioch Ottawa Senators GM Murray looking for top-6 forward

yes, this article is dated Jan 11, 2015

No Way he's that silly, that had to of been dated Jan 11, 2009

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:

Does anyone really think Lehner is ready to be the #1?

The only way you do this is if you are ready to tank the rest of this season--the owner I'm sure still thinks that if they somehow with a Seattle Seahawks miracle can make the playoffs and then anything can happen.  So why does this keep coming up if our delusional owner is not going to tank?  Plus they'll never be as bad as the 2 already in last place.

Alumni
Date:

Murray on Anderson trade talk: Why would I do that at this point? If you don't have goaltending in this league, you don't have anything.  - Ian Mendes (@ian_mendes) January 19, 2015

Hopefully this shuts up the twitverse.

Alumni
Date:

i just dont understand why, after 20-some yrs of looking for a legit starting goalie, some people are now in such a hurry to move Andy. can't we just have a nice thing and enjoy it for awhile?

Alumni
Date:

Breaking News as reported by the Sun's Bruce Garrioch Ottawa Senators GM Murray looking for top-6 forward

yes, this article is dated Jan 11, 2015

Alumni
Date:

Keep Anderson, but Lehner needs to start every 3rd game. The playoffs are a pipe dream, so this is a development year now. Lehner will need the experience to work through his struggles and will be called upon next season to step up when Anderson rolls into the bad year of this on/off cycle.

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:

I don't, and I don't think making him an NHLer two years ago did his development any good.  It might have been good for his ego, but he's not improving on the same slope that he was earlier in his career.   I know he's young but I'm looking long-term and I don't think he's ready nor will he be for a while yet.   Load the starter role on him now and it might be what he wants but I don't think he's ready to handle it.    Too emotional, too easy to throw off his game, and flat out not good enough yet.

Trade Anderson for the right pieces, but they had better be good rather than just a "DO SOMETIHNG" move.   I want a top line winger, preferrably LHS, and a 1st round pick.   I'd be willing to add  Gryba/Wiercioch/Stone/JGP/ZSmith to the mix to get it done.

Pan
Alumni
Date:

Was just talking to Canuck about this. Maybe not yet, but it would definitely be a sink or swim with him. Only team if like him moved to would be St. Louis, and we'd need Elliott back in return to be a solid veteran backup. We'd need a LHS LW, like Steen or something.

He can maybe be a #1, but we need insulation

Alumni
Date:

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.