Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Game 6: Maple Leafs vs Senators

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Game 6: Maple Leafs vs Senators

Kadri would only have gone after the guy once there was a sergeant-at-arms between he and the perp.

Alumni
Date:

The game has been rescheduled to Sunday Nov 9th @ 1800h.   The Senators play the Jets the night before (at home), and the Blue Stains play the Rangers the night before (at home). 

Alumni
Date:

how about a much needed laugh?

the leafs were in lock down in the Westin hotel, downtown Ottawa yesterday. Kadri was going to go take the guy out but Lupes held him back. 

Alumni
Date:

O Canada sung before the game in Pittsburgh against the Flyers

United we stand !!

Alumni
Date:

Hope all you guys are ok. I'm also glad they cancelled the game, though I was looking forward to watching it tonight.

Alumni
Date:

My acerbic side thinks your cynical side could well be right.   If so, it might mean the re-schedule will have to be on a Wednesday too.  Oh spiffy.

Alumni
Date:

Agree with the decision to postpone the game.  Emotions aside, as Kardinal pointed out the commute home will be crazy, let alone having 19,000 people going to a game.  The focus now should be to get everyone home safe.

Not sure when the Military appreciation nights will be this season across the league, but I hope that the NHL takes extra precautions for those events.  

Veteran
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

Postponing the game is the right thing to do, but I'm disappointed it took the NHL so long to make the decision.

It's been pointed out that the Boston game was postponed within 2 hours...took a lot longer for tonight's game.

The cynic in me says that the NHL was thinking about it being a national game.

Alumni
Date:

Even if everything was 'tidied up', I wouldn't want the game to go ahead today because it would be very hard on all the staff at the CTC to ensure that their security was up to snuff.   I doubt that anything would happen, but the stress of getting everyone in and keeping them safe after the events at the War Memorial and on the Hill would be incredibly high, to say nothing of the extra logistics issues with getting all the fans to the game at 1900h rather than 1930h (national broadcast). 

Postponing the game is the right thing to do, but I'm disappointed it took the NHL so long to make the decision.

As of right now (1450h), downtown is still locked down and the streets north of Laurier are all closed.   When the offices start to empty, it's going to be mayhem and the 417 will be a parking lot for hours. 

Veteran
Date:

Game postponed, new date to be announced.

I agree with the decision - shooter is still at large, everything locked down...who is thinking about a game?

(Though if everything had been cleared up by now I'd say play the game...don't let today's events affect our lives)

Alumni
Date:

Game day skate:

MacArthur - Turris - Stone

Ryan - Zibanejad - Chiasson

Michalek - Smith - Lazar

Hoffman - Legwand - Neil

Phillips - Karlsson

Wiercioch - Ceci

Borowiecki - Gryba

Confident Fan
Date:

the stinking yard waste looked great tonite, hopefully they got a good game out of their system

Alumni
Date:

The team is winning. You don't meets with that. Cowen waits. 

-- Edited by Russell on Wednesday 22nd of October 2014 12:13:59 AM

Alumni
Date:

Dean Brown made an interesting point on the radio earlier today with respect to Cowen getting back into the the game lineup.  If he is to come in, who do you think the coach should take out?   It would be a change of left-shot D, and the others are Methot, Borowiecki, Phillips and Wiercioch.   Phillips is playing well, and Boro/PW have been fine if not memorable.  

If it becomes "who am I going to penalize with less ice time to get Cowen in?", it's the same question with a different emphasis and right now the others aren't playing their way off the game lineup.    IMO, nobody's played badly enough to need to be switched out, so Cowen stays out for now.  It's not a penalty for Cowen, it's a not-penalty for Boro & Weircioch.

Zinfandel Expert
Date:

great interview with Karlsson today on the Fan590 here in Toronto...

Veteran
Date:

Pan wrote:

1. I have a feeling that this game will be drastically significant for the rest of the year. If the Sens can win, they improve to 5-1 and the leafs fall to 2-4. If the Sens lose, they become more even in the positioning which could cause motivation and momentum shifts for the following games. Plus Ottawa plays Chicago twice this month so those will be harder games. Getting as much separation between the two teams as soon as possible is in our best interest.

Is sitting out Cowen this long going to make him improve? Should be not slot back in shortly?

Wait...so should we start a checklist?

- National Game

- ...vs Toronto

- Relatively important to the standings

All we need is for Toronto to start a rookie goalie!

As far as Cowen goes - I was wondering about that too vs. Columbus.  Shouldn't they at least try him in the bottom pairing?

Pan
Alumni
Date:

1. I have a feeling that this game will be drastically significant for the rest of the year. If the Sens can win, they improve to 5-1 and the leafs fall to 2-4. If the Sens lose, they become more even in the positioning which could cause motivation and momentum shifts for the following games. Plus Ottawa plays Chicago twice this month so those will be harder games. Getting as much separation between the two teams as soon as possible is in our best interest.

Is sitting out Cowen this long going to make him improve? Should be not slot back in shortly?

Alumni
Date:

At practice today, the lines and pairings are the same as the last game, so no Condra/Greening/Cowen.

Confident Fan
Date:

not a fan of yard waste

Alumni
Date:

It's the time of year when yard waste blows into your yard, and in this case, our arena.  

GO SENS GO!

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.