Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Around the league - stuff concerning other teams.

Post Info
Confident Fan
Date:
RE: Around the league - stuff concerning other teams.

Russell wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

I bet they're going for Tkachuk. Cause... I dunno?

Good guess, your right no one but Dorian and Melnyk know right now.  Zadina Tkachuk Hughes those would be the 3 I would choose from.

If Montreal takes Zadina, then I want the Sens to use the entire clock and then tell the league they are sending the pick to Colorado.  Let them waste the pick on Tkachuk.

If the rumors of Melnyk wanting to get to the cap floor are true then I’d say top 2 is pretty much guaranteed next season.  So at worst they drop to 5 in a deeper draft.

-- Edited by Agent Orange on Tuesday 19th of June 2018 04:55:11 PM

everything I've heard about Tkachuk is he's pretty damn good, as well. Sounds like we will get a winner either way. 

Everybody that isn't sold on Tkachuk says it's he only scored 8 Goals for Boston College, he was a freshman on a loaded team.  But I'm no scout and letting Colorado take that pick isn't a bad idea IF they trade Karlsson. Losing that first in a deeper draft next year is a killer for this team and it's decisions going forward. 

Alumni
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Good guess, your right no one but Dorian and Melnyk know right now.  Zadina Tkachuk Hughes those would be the 3 I would choose from.

If Montreal takes Zadina, then I want the Sens to use the entire clock and then tell the league they are sending the pick to Colorado.  Let them waste the pick on Tkachuk.

If the rumors of Melnyk wanting to get to the cap floor are true then I’d say top 2 is pretty much guaranteed next season.  So at worst they drop to 5 in a deeper draft.

everything I've heard about Tkachuk is he's pretty damn good, as well. Sounds like we will get a winner either way. 

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Confident Fan
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

senior wrote:

Habs trade Galchenyuk to Phoenix for Domi. I really think Bergevin has lost his mind.

I wonder what's his plan for that #3 overall pick?  If they pass on Zadina I wonder if Ottawa now passes w his stock dropping.  This pick is HUGE for Ottawa if Dorian doesn't get it completely right Ottawa will be the laughing stock of the NHL.  

Confident Fan
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Also I watched that Carcillo video Senior - that is very sad stuff. You know who I thought of? Clarke MacArthur. Why would anyone in their right mind have let him play last year?

There was a game vs San Jose when Carcillo came in like a wild man on a hit or got in a fight vs a big guy and got knocked completely out.  I think it was Jeremy Roenick who was hurt at the time for San Jose on the TV telecast who said that Carcillo was really putting his health on the line the way he was out of control on the ice at times.  Roenick was completely right, Carcillo was out of control for a long time and I hate to see this happen to anyone.

Alumni
Date:

Also I watched that Carcillo video Senior - that is very sad stuff. You know who I thought of? Clarke MacArthur. Why would anyone in their right mind have let him play last year?

-- Edited by Spezzial-Delivery on Saturday 16th of June 2018 04:24:17 PM

Alumni
Date:

Oh good he can play with Karl Alzner 🤣

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Habs trade Galchenyuk to Phoenix for Domi. I really think Bergevin has lost his mind.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Sad stuff

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/videos/daniel-carcillo-head-trauma

Confident Fan
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Yeah for me Heatley/Spezza/Alfie was kind of the second renaissance of the Sens (while it lasted).

I know, they were fantastic on that Cup run. All 3 of them did great things till those dam Ducks

Alumni
Date:

Yeah for me Heatley/Spezza/Alfie was kind of the second renaissance of the Sens (while it lasted).

Confident Fan
Date:

senior wrote:

The one player I really wish the Sens could have kept.

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1546798Marian

I know, yet Heatley had 2 50Goal seasons for the Sens.  A couple of quiet 50 goal seasons

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

The one player I really wish the Sens could have kept.

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1546798Marian

Alumni
Date:

SensDawg wrote:

It all fell apart when they had Alanis sing the anthem in the finals in 07 instead of Slewage

yep

Alumni
Date:

It all fell apart when they had Alanis sing the anthem in the finals in 07 instead of Slewage

Alumni
Date:

A legend retires.

https://www.bardown.com/bruins-fans-give-legendary-anthem-singer-incredible-send-off-in-his-final-regular-season-game-1.1050726

Another opportunity the Sens squandered, building a tradition like this with Lydon Slewidge, because melnyk didn't want to pay him anymore.

-- Edited by Russell on Monday 9th of April 2018 12:53:32 AM

Alumni
Date:

Rangers fired Vigneault, so if Montreal wants to fire Julien, then can hire Vigneault for his 2nd stint in Montreal.

Confident Fan
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
senior wrote:
Russell wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:
Russell wrote:

Sedins announce retirement, together. go figure. 

Can't believe its been 18 years since burke pulled off that trade to get them both. Life comes at you fast, like a swedish twin fast. 

I wonder how Matthews feels about this.

we'll know in 10 mins on Sportsdesk.

Sad to see them go. Always enjoyed watching them play.

Burke pulled off a miracle getting the only 2 players from that whole draft who ended up worth anything, hyperbole but not far off.

Vancouver pulled the 2 best from this first round and Ottawa w Martin Havlat pulled the 3rd best player.  I really liked Havlat w the Sens, he wasn't as brittle as a young player as he sure became.

« First  <  Page 2  >   Last »  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.