Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Around the league - stuff concerning other teams.

Post Info
Confident Fan
Date:
RE: Around the league - stuff concerning other teams.

SensKat wrote:

Kovalchuk signs with the Kings, 3 years $6.25M AAV

Sharks were hot on his tail and at 6.25M AAV I'm glad they missed

Jedi Master
Date:

Kovalchuk signs with the Kings, 3 years $6.25M AAV

Confident Fan
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

If Melnyk is forcing Dorion to trade Karlsson with Ryan as a package we aint getting sh*t for Karlsson.

Can't see even Melnyk doing that, if he were to do that and the Senators took a trade that's less than what they paid for Duchene then even that dolt can see the fan base will outright revolt and not show up to his arena.  Right?  He really can't be that blind to what's happening all around him.  

If Anderson asked to go Dorian still can't go into full rebuild that's the reason he took on the underacheiving and overpaid 3rd line player in Boedker.  He needs bodies to compete next season, they cannot give up a top lottery pick next year they need to try and win at all cost now to save a little dignity moving forward.  Right?

I think Melnyk is pretty much doing everything he can to spite the fan base and city at this point.  He’s going to burn it down and still be laughing all the way to the bank in the eventual sale of the ashes.  He will force a Karlsson-Ryan lost trade sooner rather than later to avoid the $2M signing bonus due to Ryan on July 1st.

If that happens......

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

If Melnyk is forcing Dorion to trade Karlsson with Ryan as a package we aint getting sh*t for Karlsson.

Can't see even Melnyk doing that, if he were to do that and the Senators took a trade that's less than what they paid for Duchene then even that dolt can see the fan base will outright revolt and not show up to his arena.  Right?  He really can't be that blind to what's happening all around him.  

If Anderson asked to go Dorian still can't go into full rebuild that's the reason he took on the underacheiving and overpaid 3rd line player in Boedker.  He needs bodies to compete next season, they cannot give up a top lottery pick next year they need to try and win at all cost now to save a little dignity moving forward.  Right?

I think Melnyk is pretty much doing everything he can to spite the fan base and city at this point.  He’s going to burn it down and still be laughing all the way to the bank in the eventual sale of the ashes.  He will force a Karlsson-Ryan lost trade sooner rather than later to avoid the $2M signing bonus due to Ryan on July 1st.

Confident Fan
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Senatorus Fanious Torontonus Livius wrote:

Lehner not being qualified by Sabres....going to be a free agent.

https://www.tsn.ca/sabres-won-t-qualify-rfa-lehner-1.1120283

The only team Lehner can beat is the Sens.

Alumni
Date:

Lehner not being qualified by Sabres....going to be a free agent.

https://www.tsn.ca/sabres-won-t-qualify-rfa-lehner-1.1120283

Alumni
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

If they had to give up a former #3 overall pick in Turris who was your #1 center and your last First round pick and a future #1 pick that's probably a Lottery pick in a deep draft then what can Ottawa really expect to get for Karlsson? Karlsson is a much better player than Duchene so you'd think Dorian could actually, maybe trade from a position of strength just once?
As Shanghai pointed out they give guys away for pennies and they paid a huge extortion price to a GM who stood his ground after all the critics were roasting him for over a year about Duchene. They have to get this right

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

I bet they're going for Tkachuk. Cause... I dunno?

Good guess, your right no one but Dorian and Melnyk know right now.  Zadina Tkachuk Hughes those would be the 3 I would choose from.

If Montreal takes Zadina, then I want the Sens to use the entire clock and then tell the league they are sending the pick to Colorado.  Let them waste the pick on Tkachuk.

If the rumors of Melnyk wanting to get to the cap floor are true then I’d say top 2 is pretty much guaranteed next season.  So at worst they drop to 5 in a deeper draft.

-- Edited by Agent Orange on Tuesday 19th of June 2018 04:55:11 PM

everything I've heard about Tkachuk is he's pretty damn good, as well. Sounds like we will get a winner either way. 

Everybody that isn't sold on Tkachuk says it's he only scored 8 Goals for Boston College, he was a freshman on a loaded team.  But I'm no scout and letting Colorado take that pick isn't a bad idea IF they trade Karlsson. Losing that first in a deeper draft next year is a killer for this team and it's decisions going forward. 

Alumni
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Good guess, your right no one but Dorian and Melnyk know right now.  Zadina Tkachuk Hughes those would be the 3 I would choose from.

If Montreal takes Zadina, then I want the Sens to use the entire clock and then tell the league they are sending the pick to Colorado.  Let them waste the pick on Tkachuk.

If the rumors of Melnyk wanting to get to the cap floor are true then I’d say top 2 is pretty much guaranteed next season.  So at worst they drop to 5 in a deeper draft.

everything I've heard about Tkachuk is he's pretty damn good, as well. Sounds like we will get a winner either way. 

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Confident Fan
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

senior wrote:

Habs trade Galchenyuk to Phoenix for Domi. I really think Bergevin has lost his mind.

I wonder what's his plan for that #3 overall pick?  If they pass on Zadina I wonder if Ottawa now passes w his stock dropping.  This pick is HUGE for Ottawa if Dorian doesn't get it completely right Ottawa will be the laughing stock of the NHL.  

Confident Fan
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Also I watched that Carcillo video Senior - that is very sad stuff. You know who I thought of? Clarke MacArthur. Why would anyone in their right mind have let him play last year?

There was a game vs San Jose when Carcillo came in like a wild man on a hit or got in a fight vs a big guy and got knocked completely out.  I think it was Jeremy Roenick who was hurt at the time for San Jose on the TV telecast who said that Carcillo was really putting his health on the line the way he was out of control on the ice at times.  Roenick was completely right, Carcillo was out of control for a long time and I hate to see this happen to anyone.

Alumni
Date:

Also I watched that Carcillo video Senior - that is very sad stuff. You know who I thought of? Clarke MacArthur. Why would anyone in their right mind have let him play last year?

-- Edited by Spezzial-Delivery on Saturday 16th of June 2018 04:24:17 PM

Alumni
Date:

Oh good he can play with Karl Alzner 🤣

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Habs trade Galchenyuk to Phoenix for Domi. I really think Bergevin has lost his mind.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Sad stuff

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/videos/daniel-carcillo-head-trauma

« First  <  Page 3  >   Last »  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.