Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Around the league - stuff concerning other teams.

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Around the league - stuff concerning other teams.

senior wrote:

Sorry ladies:

http://www.tsn.ca/preds-captain-fisher-retires-at-37-1.821228

We'll always have this. Great career, Fish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps-rouW_Rf0

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Sorry ladies:

http://www.tsn.ca/preds-captain-fisher-retires-at-37-1.821228

Confident Fan
Date:

Breaking News!!!!! John Tavares MAY want to play for the Leafs. Do all young Canadian kids want to grow and play for the Leafs?? It sure seems that way to us non-Canadians.

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
senior wrote:
Homer wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Homer wrote:

Marleau signs 3 year deal worth $18.75 million with the leafs.  I wonder what tj thinks about that

He's been declining for awhile, he had a good 2nd half of last season but he was a minus player for a winning team and had bumped down to the 3rd line earlier in the season.  lots of his goals were on the PP since he was still on the 1st PP all year.  Toronto fans I'm betting will be very unhappy paying him 6+M for 3 years.  He may have 1 good season left 

What will be interesting is how he will handle the spotlight Toronto after playing his entire career in SJ, where every minute of his life wan't reported and commented on every single day.

It's really a no lose situation. Money means nothing in Toronto. The lafs have more money than they know what to do with and a ton of room under the cap. They hope he has a year or two left in him and can provide some veteran leadership. If not, they just ship him to the press box or the minors. Either way he'll be gone by the time they need the cap space to pay Mathews.

I hope you are wrong about the cap space for the 3 young forwards they have, I want Marleau's contract to cause all kinds of consternation in Laffs land after they find out he's not worth that money 

Senior's right (man, that hurts!). It doesn't matter if he isn't worth the money. they'll just bury him and even their dumb fans know it. 

Confident Fan
Date:

senior wrote:
Homer wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Homer wrote:

Marleau signs 3 year deal worth $18.75 million with the leafs.  I wonder what tj thinks about that

He's been declining for awhile, he had a good 2nd half of last season but he was a minus player for a winning team and had bumped down to the 3rd line earlier in the season.  lots of his goals were on the PP since he was still on the 1st PP all year.  Toronto fans I'm betting will be very unhappy paying him 6+M for 3 years.  He may have 1 good season left 

What will be interesting is how he will handle the spotlight Toronto after playing his entire career in SJ, where every minute of his life wan't reported and commented on every single day.

It's really a no lose situation. Money means nothing in Toronto. The lafs have more money than they know what to do with and a ton of room under the cap. They hope he has a year or two left in him and can provide some veteran leadership. If not, they just ship him to the press box or the minors. Either way he'll be gone by the time they need the cap space to pay Mathews.

I hope you are wrong about the cap space for the 3 young forwards they have, I want Marleau's contract to cause all kinds of consternation in Laffs land after they find out he's not worth that money 

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Homer wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Homer wrote:

Confident Fan
Date:

Hemsky for Radulov move, I think Montreal comes out a little behind in this move with Dallas.

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Homer wrote:

Confident Fan
Date:

Homer wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:

Columbus protects Scott Hartnell in expansion draft then buy him out. Doesn't make much sense to me.

They had to because of his NMC.  It sounds like the deal with Vegas was hatched in March to shed themselves of Clarkson for a first, so there was no need to ask Hartnell to waive as the guy's they wanted to protect were covered in the side deal.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Columbus protects Scott Hartnell in expansion draft then buy him out. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

McDavid set to sign 13.25 million contract. They are going to be hard pressed to find money to pay the rest of the team. Hope they can win with one line.

Confident Fan
Date:

senior wrote:

I didn't realize he that he still wasn't back working yet.

NHL linesman Henderson files $10.25M lawsuit against Wideman, Flames

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl-linesman-henderson-files-10-25m-lawsuit-against-wideman-flames-1.729827

-- Edited by senior on Thursday 20th of April 2017 09:49:03 PM

I really really hope he wins this.  Takes every penny of that suit from Wideman too.  Make that dirtbag have to get a real job to pay for what he did.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

I didn't realize he that he still wasn't back working yet.

NHL linesman Henderson files $10.25M lawsuit against Wideman, Flames

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl-linesman-henderson-files-10-25m-lawsuit-against-wideman-flames-1.729827

-- Edited by senior on Thursday 20th of April 2017 09:49:03 PM

Alumni
Date:

The Dallas Stars are getting Hitched again... I guess he speaks Texan.

Alumni
Date:

Pittsburgh basically put out an ahl team for Toronto. I'd be soooo mad if I were a Lightning fan.

Confident Fan
Date:

Homer wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Stupid Pittsburgh

Now the panel on HNIC want the Laffs to do everything possible to face the Senators, of course it's they want to avoid Washington but I'm taking it personal 😳

you got over confident when pittspuke was up 3-2 weren't you?

yeah 

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Stupid Pittsburgh

Now the panel on HNIC want the Laffs to do everything possible to face the Senators, of course it's they want to avoid Washington but I'm taking it personal 😳

you got over confident when pittspuke was up 3-2 weren't you?

Confident Fan
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Stupid Pittsburgh

« First  <  Page 5  >   Last »  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.