Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Final cuts made; opening night roster annnounced

Post Info
Pan
Alumni
Date:
RE: Final cuts made; opening night roster annnounced

The D trade should have been done last year and wasn't. It's the same problem now 2 years in. It's a money waste and a roster spot waste. That said, you can maybe get a 5th round pick for one of the bubble guys. I'd just take it at this point.

Jedi Master
Date:

Sucks that Methot is injured to start the season, but I guess it gives us a bit of breathing space on the roster. A decision or trade will need to be made sooner or later, but this gives them a bit of a longer look in real game situations before having to decide for sure what they are going to do.

Confident Fan
Date:

Agree Russell, but all it takes is ONE stupid owner and we all know there is more than ONE stupid owner in the NHL

Alumni
Date:

Methot is playing with fire. He has no leverage. he's hurt and coming off a horrible year. he has a chance to ride EK65's coat tails. he should sign the deal and realize he's lucky to get such an opportunity.

Veteran
Date:

Someone out there must have a PS3, NHL 13, and the time to waste on updating rosters for me...

I don't see any surprises on the final roster. I think there's a trade coming involving one of the bodies on D though.

Alumni
Date:

The full story can be found here.   The opening lineup is:

Forwards: Alex Chiasson, Erik Condra, Colin Greening, Mike Hoffman, Curtis Lazar, David Legwand, Clarke MacArthur, Milan Michalek, Chris Neil, Bobby Ryan, Zack Smith, Mark Stone, Kyle Turris, Mika Zibanejad.

Defencemen: Mark Borowiecki, Cody Ceci, Jared Cowen, Eric Gryba, Erik Karlsson, Marc Methot (injured reserve), Chris Phillips, Patrick Wiercioch

Goaltenders: Craig Anderson, Robin Lehner

The final cuts: JGP, Puempel, Robinson, Claesson, Greenham, Dziurzynski, A. Grant, Johnson

I'm not surprised to see Lazar make the team, and it was made easy by having Methot on IR, but I don't see him going beyond the 9 game limit as he's not going to get top 6 minutes and it would be stupid to burn a year of EL on bottom 6, likely 4th line, minutes. 

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.