Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: NHL goons going the way of the dodo?

Post Info
Rookie
Date:
RE: NHL goons going the way of the dodo?

About time! They don't serve a purpose in my opinion, time to outfit a team with real skill. 

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Let's hope so.

Confident Fan
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Yeah, I think we are finally moving away from the 'goon' era. Most of the tough guys left are actually able to at least play the game at some level, not just punch faces. This should result in less ridiculous staged fights, and more real hockey.

One can only hope you are right Kat

Jedi Master
Date:

Yeah, I think we are finally moving away from the 'goon' era. Most of the tough guys left are actually able to at least play the game at some level, not just punch faces. This should result in less ridiculous staged fights, and more real hockey.

Confident Fan
Date:

Doug Wilson of the Sharks has 2 of those idiots left and they are both signed to full contracts--Brown and Scott. The Sharks are going thru some kind of nervous breakdown. As u can see by what's left with those guys Wilson could have signed any of these guys for the minimum at any time

Alumni
Date:

The shocker of the day: Orr / McLaren on waivers from TML.  I can't see that lasting, but it's still a surprise.

• Parros not returning to old team and unsigned
  • Bissonnette released from PTO with St Louis
  • Kassian released from PTO with Arizona
  • Westgarth released from PTO with Oilers
  • Cam Janssen waived by NJD
  • Rosehill sent down by Flyers

I think teams are looking for more of the Chris Neil/Borocop/Lucic type player: they can fight, but they can also *play hockey*.  The one counterpoint to this is that John Scott is signed to a one-way with SJS and McGrattan is still in Calgary, but I don't think he'll play that much.  It'll be interesting to see if the weasels/rats start to multiply.

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.