Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Pre-season game 6: MTL @ OTT

Post Info
Jedi Master
Date:
RE: Pre-season game 6: MTL @ OTT

I haven't seen enough of Cowen yet in the pre-season to be willing to write him off - he has shown flashes of the player that he may be able to become, so I'm still holding out hope.

Not that I think he will ever become quite that calibre, but remember how bad Chara was in his early years? D take longer to develop to start with, and I think these tall, gangly ones take even longer. He needs to learn to use his size effectively. Too bad we don't have anyone around to show him how to do that.

Veteran
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

I'm willing to wait and see on Cowen, rather than write him off right away.  He's still quite young with lots of potential.

I really, REALLY enjoyed Borocop taking on PK's usual after-whistle pushing-and-shoving shenanigans with some bombs.  I think PK was surprised to find someone who was more than willing to escalate his usual crap while looking him in the eye and smiling about the whole thing.   I doubt he learned much from it, but if more of the league does the same thing it might tone his arrogance down a bit.   If it doesn't, I'll be satisfied with him getting fed and sitting in the box on a regular basis.

Montreal fan typical: the Habs fan behind us was bragging about the 4 minute power play, but forgot the fact that Subban was in the box for five during that time.

Alumni
Date:

I'm willing to wait and see on Cowen, rather than write him off right away.  He's still quite young with lots of potential.

I really, REALLY enjoyed Borocop taking on PK's usual after-whistle pushing-and-shoving shenanigans with some bombs.  I think PK was surprised to find someone who was more than willing to escalate his usual crap while looking him in the eye and smiling about the whole thing.   I doubt he learned much from it, but if more of the league does the same thing it might tone his arrogance down a bit.   If it doesn't, I'll be satisfied with him getting fed and sitting in the box on a regular basis.

Alumni
Date:

If cowen turns into a bust, that would be such a dispointment. He showed so much promise his first year. 

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:

If greening and condra never played another game for Sens and were replaced by young guys, that would be fine with me. 

after what Canuck just said about Cowen, I'm wondering if he can be included with these 2.  I'd throw Smith in there too.  if 7th or  8th is the best they can shoot for in this years playoff tourney then turn to some young players for sure.  

Alumni
Date:

Fun game to attend and the atmosphere was great. Didn't feel preseason. Cowen had poor game.

Jedi Master
Date:

That is good news! Too bad you are seeing it so much, though. lol.

Veteran
Date:

Good news: power play looks great

Jedi Master
Date:

Thanks for the updates! Not great news about the d-zone coverage though. Sounds like not much has changed.

Veteran
Date:

Oh, also: defensive zone coverage is bad tonight. Sens are doing well breaking out with the puck and moving it around when they have it, but can't play well without it. Too many breakaways too! Galchenyuk(?) is 1/4 so far.

Veteran
Date:

At the CTC tonight. Sound levels are terrible. Very tinny, and you can't hear the horn at the end of the period. Has anyone else found the sound to be bad so far this year?

Alumni
Date:

I couldn't get the streaming to work on my phone, so I'm following via Twitter as I'm not at home. I can hear every big play by the REDBLACKS from where I'm enjoying pizza and a wonderful French red wine. ;)

Alumni
Date:

In French and no hd.  

im watching football. 

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:

It's supposed to be available for streaming on the Sens website, but the stream is not starting for me.

Yeah, I'm not usually a fan of their streamed games.  Not really worth the hassle for pre-season.  I can follow it on Twitter and watch tomorrow.  But I need my hockey fix!

Jedi Master
Date:

senior wrote:

It's on the french station.

I live in Alberta.  They don't believe in French out here.

Alumni
Date:

It's supposed to be available for streaming on the Sens website, but the stream is not starting for me.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

It's on the french station.

Jedi Master
Date:

I hate the fact that this game isn't televised.

Alumni
Date:

If greening and condra never played another game for Sens and were replaced by young guys, that would be fine with me. 

Alumni
Date:

BFR with the media today:

Q: "How does it feel to go out on the ice today, knowing that you now have a contract?"

A: "Well, hopefully all the talk with you guys (the media) will die down in a week and it'll be over with."

GOLD.

1 2  >  Last»  | Page of 2  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.