Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Brodeur: "I'd consider an offer from the Habs"

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
Brodeur: "I'd consider an offer from the Habs"

When I saw this I thought, "Heh... he could probably still be #1 if he went to Vancouver" (Edit: I rescind this comment, I forgot that Vancouver now has Miller, who is a good goalie.)

...Actually who am I kidding he'd be a way better #1 in Winnipeg too...

Brodeur would be invaluable as a back-up to any young goaltender, especially one like Price who never really had a mentor when he first broke into the league.

I dunno if you can compare Budaj and Lehner from numbers alone last year - because you'd have to look at who played which teams, is the Montreal D bet

-- Edited by Spezzial-Delivery on Monday 15th of September 2014 09:07:02 PM

Alumni
Date:

A sample size of one is irrelevant in terms of statistical analysis, and horrendous math, especially when you're basing "terrible" on one period of play.   Lots of goalies have a period or game like that, in either the regular season or the playoffs.

I compared regular season numbers for two players who both played at least 15 games that season.    Lehner's save % was four points better, but his goals against was a half goal per game worse, as was his W-L-OTL record.  Out of five points of comparison, Lehner is worse than Budaj.

Pan
Alumni
Date:

I don't think you saw him in the playoffs. Horrendous

Alumni
Date:

Hmmm....if Budaj is "terrible", I guess that makes The Lehner "brutal", based on their numbers from last season:

Peter Budaj 24GP 10W 8L    3OTL 2.51GAA .909%

Robin Lehner36GP 12W 15L 6OTL 3.06GAA .913%

Pan
Alumni
Date:

I like the sentiment and think it would be kind of cool to see the two of them together.  Price is used to the media and has the emotions of a robot so I think he'll be fine.   Brodeur also will just say that he's the backup.  Plus since when do people care what the twitterverse say ;)

Budaj  is terrible and can be waived, Tokarski needa to play more than 20 games a year until he gets traded - he'll be good and is a good piece if they want to improve something. 

Veteran
Date:

As much as I like Brodeur, I'm surprised he hasn't retired.

Wait a second- are we talking about Martin or Mike? ;)

Alumni
Date:

The short version: Marty still wants to play, would seriously consider an offer from the Habs,  would be willing to be the backup to Price.  Here's the full story.

Keep in mind:

1) Budaj has 1 year left on his contract

2) Tokarski played instead of Budaj in the playoffs

3) Tokarski was given a 2yr contract and next season is 1-way

Add all that to the certain gold of the press asking Marty question after question if/when Price falters/is hurt/the team struggles and this would be GOLD for all non-Habs fans. 

Ohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease make it so.

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.