Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Another year, another watch-and-wait with player #11

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Another year, another watch-and-wait with player #11

Maybe Bobby bought Jezza's house in anticipation of signing a long term extension.  (look at the favorites)  wink

Jedi Master
Date:

Ha - that would be ridiculously hilarious. Or maybe he can buy it and then talk Lehner into a swap...

Pan
Alumni
Date:

When you're a millionaire, a one year move isn't a big deal. He'll probably come back to Canada. I think Sweden is too much culture shock for the boys, and apparently they're not very fluent in Swedish either. If he does move back, there's a nice house for sale for $1.7M that he may be familiar with.

Alumni
Date:

If he does retire, he can't keep the family in Detroit and they'll have to move. He doesn't have a visa to e in the US other than for work.

Alumni
Date:

I wonder if he'll retire... because I mean, didn't he move his entire family down there last year? It would seem strange to completely relocate them again - unless his family really didn't like it in Detroit and wants to move back to Canada or Sweden.

Pan
Alumni
Date:

Alfie said in June that he needed to wait until August before making a decision and that something has been agreed with Detroit in concept. He just needs to make sure that he's into giving it another year and he did have a couple injuries this year (groin I think) which isn't the easiest to come back from

Jedi Master
Date:

Kardinal wrote:
SensKat wrote:

I'm a bit surprised that he's waiting this long - but maybe he's going to pull a Selanne and wait until mid-season to sign?

Or a Sundin.

Well yes, that too.

Alumni
Date:

I'm surprised it has taken this long, given how fast the signing with the Wings was last year.   I'm starting to wonder which side it taking a long time to make up its mind, or if one side already has and a deal is being sought elsewhere.   It's all supposition on my part.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

I'm a bit surprised that he's waiting this long - but maybe he's going to pull a Selanne and wait until mid-season to sign?

Or a Sundin.

Zinfandel Expert
Date:

If #11(and any other pro sports player) were serious about "wanting a cup", then going to a good team and taking a severe pay cut would show how serious they are....

Jedi Master
Date:

Alumni
Date:

It's July 20th, and player #11 isn't signed by Detroit yet.   The record stands at July 31st, from 2012.

Detroit already has 13 forwards signed and Tatar is an RFA that still needs a contract, but some of these are entry level contracts and there's no guarantee they'll be on the big team on opening night.  Still, it does beg the question of whether or not Alfredsson will be in Detroit. 

I'm not at all convinced he'll be back there; I find the silence on the whole matter quite interesting.   If he doesn't go back to the Wings, does anyone think he'll end up somewhere else?  I think he'll retire, but the matter of where he will reside after he retires will be interesting to see.   I wonder if Robin Lehner is really settled in yet.

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.