Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: lineup

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: lineup

With Greening's contract, how do you move him? And he also needs to move as he's part of Maclean's go to guys (even though he was on for 62% of the even strength goals against). Gotta take these guys away from the coach - even at the seasons ticket Q&A, Maclean stated that a key to success is to get more out of Greening/Smith/Neil. nothing about having a healthy Ryan or the emergence of Zbad...ridiculous

Ottawa still has all its compliance buyouts, right? What's the window on that? Start of the new season? September 1st?

Alumni
Date:

Am I alone in wanting the Greening-Smith-Neil line broken up, just so McLean can't fall back on it all the time? I don't know what that should result in though. Bit of a problem how to spread those guys. Can't one or a few of them be traded for prospects/picks?

Alumni
Date:

Canuck I was going to correct you and say you're not the only one who likes Greening but then I noticed that you said only "guy" who likes Greening....so carry on. #GreeningForCaptain #OhGreeningMyGreening

Alumni
Date:

canuck wrote:

I seem to be only guy who likes Greening. I think we need Greening and what he brings. Especially in playoffs. He was a piece of theat Calder cup winning team. Do I want him to be better? Yes!!!!

There were a lot of players who had a bad year last year.  Bascially, all of them, whether veteran, rookie or in-between like Methot/EK65/etc.   I think Greening has a lot of upside, and he's still finding his way in the NHL, like Cowen andthe other ten players with < 250GPin the NHL that are on the team's roster as of this moment.

This is a young team, pure and simple.   There's nothing wrong with that, but it's something that has to be kept in mind, rather than being a typical Ottawa sports fan who has no patience or long-term view of anything other than WINNING RIGHT NOW!!!!

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Agree completely, I believe it should be Lazar because he has nothing whatsoever to prove or do in Juniors.  Kardinal since u know Jrs. so well why can't 19 year olds play in the AHL? 

Money.  

Players drafted and playing for CHL teams are ineligible to play in the professional minor leagues (AHL, ECHL) until they are 20 years old (by December 31st of that year) or have completed four years in major juniors.

The CHL would not be as competitive (hence popular = profitable) if the AHL could siphon off the top tier talent as soon as they were drafted.

Alumni
Date:

I seem to be only guy who likes Greening. I think we need Greening and what he brings. Especially in playoffs. He was a piece of theat Calder cup winning team. Do I want him to be better? Yes!!!!

Alumni
Date:

I seem to be only guy who likes Greening. I think we need Greening and what he brings. Especially in

Pan
Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:

Greening needs to be traded. I'm done with him and we need a roster spot for a youngen'.

Agree completely, I believe it should be Lazar because he has nothing whatsoever to prove or do in Juniors.  Kardinal since u know Jrs. so well why can't 19 year olds play in the AHL? 

It's based on his birthday and he was a late birthday last year. I think he's ok as a 3rd liner IF he plays with Legwand. Him and ZBad could be scary defensively as they're both young. 

With Greening's contract, how do you move him? And he also needs to move as he's part of Maclean's go to guys (even though he was on for 62% of the even strength goals against). Gotta take these guys away from the coach - even at the seasons ticket Q&A, Maclean stated that a key to success is to get more out of Greening/Smith/Neil. nothing about having a healthy Ryan or the emergence of Zbad...ridiculous

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:

Greening needs to be traded. I'm done with him and we need a roster spot for a youngen'.

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

If I were GMBM i would wait and see how camp preseason and first 9 games go --- unless a dream trade came along. Because I don't know which one of those D not to gamble with. Surely one is gonna breakout.

Rookie
Date:

I really need methot to stay if we want to succeed. Canuck do you think gryba should be traded then as much as I love the guy. I know how cowen played last year and I'm not the one to make excuses but do you guys think it was because of his hip? If you were gm bm right now who would you trade on defence to finnese our lineup?

Rookie
Date:

I kinda want to see the forward lines something like this (pretty similar to z-badbeaty's proposal):

Macarthur - Turris - Stone
Hoffman - Zibby - Ryan
Michalek - Legwand - Chiasson
Greening - Smith - Neil

or 

Macarthur - Turris - Ryan
Michalek - Zibby - Stone
Hoffman - Legwand - Chiasson
Greening - Smith - Neil

But they'll get changed every night so both of these will probably be the lineup at some point in the season...

Alumni
Date:

I'm sure the Methot camp will use the Nitkanen overpayment as a bargaining point.

Both Derek Grant and Mike Hoffman have to clear waivers for the upcoming season; JGP does not.  I see Hoffman as the one more likely to be scooped up by another team, so I don't think they'll try and send him down.   Grant and JGP will be in Bingo and I see Grant as having more potential upside if we have a centre get injured during the season. 

I'm intrigued by the idea of Hoffman - Zbad - Stone as a line......that a really young line with a lot of potential and speed, and with good size at centre.  It would also put Michalek - Legwand - Condra/Chiasson together if we presume that Greening-Smith-Neil stays intact.

As it has been said so often............BUT, WHO KNOWS!

Confident Fan
Date:

Nikita Nitikin 4.5 M per season--Methot has got to love that
The Sens have to many iffy D, no one but Karlsson stands out but other than Phillips and Methot most are still to young to know what the heck they can do.

Alumni
Date:

The other consideration is Borowiecki - I'd like to see him playing but we have too many D.   And BoroCop is on a 1-way.

I would like to see Wiercioch play too- but I don't know the answer to the D issue.  Seems a trade may be needed to fix the roster - hope we don't give away the amazing asset as each one of those D have potential.

If I were Methot and I wanted to stay - I would get a contact extension -- because as a UFA, he could be the one to move.  I don't want this... but just sayin'  It's easier to let a UFA who isn't signing (for whatever reason) to walk than it is to potentially release a future star

Rookie
Date:

Could this be a realistic lineup Line 1: MacArthur-Turris-Ryan Line 2: Hoffman-Z-bad-stone/chaisson Line 3: 9mm-Legwand-chaisson/stone Line 4: Greening/smith/neiler Scratch condra Defense Karlsson-methocalypse Phillips-Ceci Gryba/cowen-Weircoch Sorry for any spelling errors. I want weircoch actually playing this year how do you guys feel about him?

«First  <  1 2 | Page of 2  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.