Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Goal song

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Goal song

I could see that work. Maybe a bit to obscure though? I don't think they'd go for it.

Alumni
Date:

I think this one has potential with a little editing:

take the vocals and beat from 0:16 to 0:35 and then blend it into the 1:03 to 1:35 part.  Clap to the beat in the first part and get some "Heys" in the second.

-- Edited by Agent Orange on Thursday 14th of August 2014 10:31:46 PM

Alumni
Date:

SensGab wrote:

I've always liked the beginning of this song for a potential goal song - the rest gets a bit weird in terms of lyrics. 

That's pretty cool.   I think it might have too many notes for the average tune-following-challenged fan (let's be honest: an arena of fans can't even keep a clapping rhythm steady), but I think that has a lot of potential if an instrumental version exists.

-- Edited by Kardinal on Monday 21st of July 2014 09:22:12 AM

Rookie
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:

Chances are you had the TV on mute in order to not listen to Bob Cole.

Actually, being from New York, I just watch them on gamecenter, which gave home and away feeds so I listened to as little of Bob Cole as possible.

Alumni
Date:

LA Kings goal video shown on big screen. It cuts back and forth to fans. Uses different sections http://youtu.be/j2MtuuvB64g Posting here as we often mentioned it

Alumni
Date:

Chances are you had the TV on mute in order to not listen to Bob Cole.

Rookie
Date:

Ha I didn't realize the leafs used it... I guess I was yelling at the screen too much when they scored.  

Alumni
Date:

I've always liked the beginning of this song for a potential goal song - the rest gets a bit weird in terms of lyrics. 

Alumni
Date:

THIS IS OUR HOUSE!! :)

Alumni
Date:

Sorry Maverick, I have to vote against you on that song. It was the Leafs' goal song in 11-12 and I wouldn't be able to stand hearing it in our building. 

Alumni
Date:

I agree Maverick - it wouldn't be hard to learn.  Once you've heard it a couple times it would catch on.  I think I've heard that song on the radio before too.

-- Edited by canuck on Friday 11th of July 2014 10:16:12 AM

Rookie
Date:

I don't think it would be all that hard for fans to learn "The Whip" It's just getting the rhythm down. It's not any more difficult than chicago's goal song.

Alumni
Date:

I don't think this would ever fly, because it has mild religious overtones.  However, I always thought it would be interesting to hear a full stadium belting out the harmonized "Gloria"-s from this song.

Note: Ignore all rest of song and SKIP immediately to 3:03 mark.

Alumni
Date:

Hi Maverick, that's actually a neat song.   It would take a little learning curve - but I'm sure anything would catch on if it was done intentionally.

Rookie
Date:

Don't know how many teams have used it in the past or if any use it currently but this has the O's you want in it...

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:

Didn't they also start the year with Monster Truck's Righteous Smoke?  and before that White Stripes' - Seven Nation Army

You'll never satisfy 100% of the people, but changing it too often is not good either.

Yes, Monster Truck was introduced as the goal song during the pre-season, but it was changed to Avicii around the start of the season.   I think White Stripes was the year before the lockout-shortened one, but I'm not positive on that one.

I think it's a progression from 1-song-per-player to finding the right song to be all the time.   

Alumni
Date:

Why to the Sens insist on changing goal songs every year. Several teams pick one and stick with it.

Wake Me Up by Avicii was the goal song last year

Didn't they also start the year with Monster Truck's Righteous Smoke?  and before that White Stripes' - Seven Nation Army

You'll never satisfy 100% of the people, but changing it too often is not good either.

C3
Veteran
Date:

Bulls on Parade - RATM Do you know what I mean - Oasis Blind - Korn TNT - AC/DC Blitzkrieg Bop (for a little more crazy get Rob Zombie version)

-- Edited by C3 on Thursday 10th of July 2014 11:59:40 AM

Alumni
Date:

Wake Me Up by Avicii was the goal song last year.

I still want Rush's 'Temples of Syrinx" (as noted in the s2e26 thread, ffwd to 3:30):

Zinfandel Expert
Date:

Just finished listening to the latest episode...great as always... here are some goal song ideas. The idea behind these songs is to get the "younger" generation more interested in going to games.

Serena Ryder-What I wouldn't do.  has some nice oooo's in it.

Deadmau5-Seeya...good beat you can clap to.

Avicii-Wake me up. some good instrumental in there.

Pitbull-Timber.  some more easy to sing along to...

Black Eyed Peas-I gotta feeling.  very easy one to sing to.

and of course my favourite

Bay City Rollers-Saturday Night....only to be played on Saturdays..  smile

Just a few...

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.